This game is getting old

Sid

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

CS is dead yet last season over 4,000 teams signed up for cal-o.. right. It's got gameplay like nothing else, and if they ever completly fix the interp/hitboxes it could be around for another 4 years..

CS will never die as long as I have friends to play with/against. If I hadn't been a part of this community for years, maybe I wouldn't be playing this anymore?

I'm pretty big on third party maps, cause they tend to create a more fun environment, and at the same time they flush out the over-reactive serious players who go 30-5 in on a map and complain about each of their 5 deaths.

After it's all said and done. you really can't beat what this game brings to the table. Years of entertainment, fun, and online action/interaction..... for free.

cs is a game that people like for various reasons

1. competition

2. wide variety of guns

3. friends

4. clans

5. communities

6. time taker uper

plus many more but i gotta go so ill post again

Ive been playing for a few years...thats a long time. I took one sebatical (about 6 months) and now I love the game more than ever...I jsut got back into it about 2 or 3 months ago.

Try taking some serious time off. Then you will either start playing new games and not come back or you will come back. Either way you will be happier.

Also, watch some cool highlight videos before you start playing again to get you pumped up :D

I have thought about re-installing CS.

Your right though... you go to other games but none have the holding power that CS had. I thought CoD would or ET, but they just don't have it. I reformatted my computer about a month ago and have not even played a game at all (if you don't count Curveball)

For me its hard to load it up again, a lot of the people i really enjoyed playing with have moved on. But there are still some that play as evidenced by this thread.

Maybe I'll give it a run this weekend.

CS has a hold on my like no one else!!

As had been said.

I bought BF1942, and its a great game. I love it! However, when it comes down to like 1:00 at night...and im sitting there about to open a game. I go for BF1942, but then i say...'Oh, i wonder what map trop is playing....Aztec! Ill play untill the end and then ill go to BF."

Normally I never switch haha.

<sniff> I lovey ou CS!

Ive been playing DoD a little as of late but as soon as i exit out of it i go and play CS. no matter what i always find myself going back to it. i tried the break thing and it worked for like a month.

If you are thinking of retiring from good ol' cs like i did...its hard but it works...

delete cs halflife or w/e you have to run cs(unless you play a diff mod)

Then make your mom or dad hide the cds(if you dont live with them then make a friend)...

if you want it, they wont give it to you

once your done craving about it...you dont worry about it..

hmm i wonder where they kept mine

CS will never die. I'll always have it on my machines as long as I have friends to come over and play. The guy that just moved in above me comes down to the basement (where the machines r) at 2AM and we go frag it up for a couple hours. I just met a guy through my wifey who just started playiung CS my wifey werks with his wifey. hes in a wheelchair and he loves the game too. And hey, arent we playing CS at FRAGFEST? :wub::wub::wub:

As a CS retiree, I find it refreshing to be able to move on and experience new games, something I didn't really do when I was heavy into CS.

I can't really say I miss CS, I had my fun, I took as much as I gave. I think the problem with playing something so long is that you inevidably need more challenge - strategically, mentally, emotionally. No matter how good the game, doing it over and over will drain the challenge from it.

I know we're all looking for the Next Big Thing, maybe HL2/CS2 will be it. But you don't need to play the Oldest Longest Played Big Thing until the NBT happens.

Cheers