This game is getting old

Sid

Yeah.... this game.. needs a big boost... mods to weapons... more changes like

dif maps (Changed alot)

Dif guns

Dif skins

Better graphics... CS grapics = nub

and more team based (even know it already is)

NuT- :o

Cap, if you want different skins just download a skin pack (www.gamesfusion.com). you'll get new player and weapon models, new sounds, maybe even some new map textures. I downloaded new textures for dust and dust2 once, maps looked totally different.

as for new maps, heh, we tried that, several times. not many people liked it. for a few weeks we ran custom maps (good ones too, not crappy ones) almost constantly. had a few good games, but most people just asked for aztec back.

that aside. yes, CS is old, where've you been? Half Life was game of the year in 1998. CS hit version 1.0 (when it really took off) in 1999, I believe. That's 5 years old. No other game that I know of has lasted that long, nor been as popular. CS is NOT dead. It is old, but not dead. Check out the GameSpy game stats, It is currently 3:30 AM and Half Life shows 57,000 players online. The second most played game at the moment is Battlefield: Vietnam, with 3,200 players online. Definatly not dead.

For our community, though, it is time to move on. And I recommend Unreal Tournament 2004. Especially for those of you who like the competitive play! The game IS a tournament. And there are numerous leagues you CS clans can get into if you make the switch.

CS ain't dead...sheesh if you think it is just take a break from it like I did...when you come back the game is as fun as it always was.

sure this community will move onto other games...and hopefully the GamersCoalition will be what keeps this community together.

Crow you can't just pick one game to move to because there will be people left in the dust. Personally I would never pay money for UT2K4...it's the same old game with some more pretties and a new mod...and it isn't very fun in my opinion.

like I said, hopefully .gc will keep us all together through different games...but when CS really does die we WILL move to different games...we will not all play the same ones...and the sad part is that most of those games won't last half the time CS has so we'll hafta move on again...

Actually, playaa,

it's the same old game with some more pretties and a new mod

you contradict yourself here. It can't be the same old game, it's got more than one new mod, btw.

As far as I understand it, all the others were deathmatch oriented. That's a good clue as to why I'm a UT n00b. I can stand about 10 minutes of deathmatch / month (unless it's old-fashioned half-life on a map like justwar2 with friends on a LAN. Then I can go for about an hour straight)

From what I understand, UT added lots of different things, including vehicles. Can't be the same old game when you take deathmatch and create a team-based game with vehicles.

Back to CS:

Playaa IS correct about one thing...let it rest...walk away. Maybe come back someday, maybe not. CS doesn't need people hanging around half-assed. CS will survive much longer. To me, CS has become classic. It's where we started, and it's where we'll continue.

Man, CS went downhill went it went retail. It died somewhere in the mists of 1.5?

Should you quit? If you have a better game to play

Is CS dead? fo shizzle

Fat-tatty...I used to play UT (the origional Unreal Tournament) and it had all the teamplay mods built in already...and it had one of the best game mods I ever played...Assault...was so fun...

go check out UT2K3...the only differences I saw in that and 2K4 was Onslaught...the graphics didn't even look that upgraded...

and even Onslaught just feels like a deathmatch game to me...it just happens to be team oriented deathmatch...

I'm not saying UT2K4 is a bad game...I'm just saying it doesn't appeal to me personally...I enjoy the slow paced realistic shooter games now...

Sid

lol I appreciate all the comments and the post was not asking thoughts on if cs is old. Obviously it's been around forever. It was aimed at the thinking of hanging up my colt subtopic. Thinking of quiting multiplayers. Thoughts on that. Do you guys like having the Bane around, or could you do without myself and Bane???

Free CZ is where it's at.

rgr :D

rgr to that as well.

3rd party maps are fun, if you are unwilling to enjoy them, then blame yourself for thinking CS is old. its only been the same game for 4+ years.

i cant stand cs anymore....im getting ut today but i dunno if my comp is gonna be running afterwards im thinkin about forgetin cs in all its just not fun anymore. whenever i hit a server i get hs 100% of the time and i just cant stand it....i used to go liike 20-5 now im going 5-20 if im lucky....i just play wc3 and frozen throne and utdemo and bf1942

Couterstrike will always be fun for me. I have moved on to other games, though I have yet to find one that gives the same feeling as CS does. However, I don't often play CS, and there's usually a 3-5 month break between the couple months I do play. It's an old game, but the gameplay is what makes it a favorite. Newer games have all the prettiness that CS lacks, but not as much of the gameplay it boasts.

I have yet to find a replacement for CS, though I'm looking hard. I've found a few that are great fun though, if only for a few months.

-Enemy Territory (like CS, it's free, fast and easy to learn)

-America's Army:Operations (also free, built on the Unreal engine so you know it looks good, gameplay is very like CS, though it's much more realistic)

-Freelancer (a space sim, online play is quite fun, doesn't use a joystick)

-UT2004 (there are so many different modes you can play that you're bound to find something you like, if you can run the game, that is)

Those are just a few of the games I've been playing in my search for something to take up post-cs. Though I'll always go back to CS for just one more round.

Obviously I wouldn't miss Bane....

btw...Playaa...point taken man, i've never played a UT...but I damn well know that you get in there with me on da Blue team and we're yappin it up undercutting nodes and we'll be having a great time, and working the team thang. :D

I still love CS. Don't play it much but always come back. There is, as of yet, not a game even close to it. New engine or not, it's still the best game in my mind.

It just seems that right now there are tons of new games hitting the market and everyone jumps on them & plays for a bit but nothing has taken hold like CS did.

I'd like to see more new maps. I'd like the maps to be able to be downloaded real fast so you could have people pumping them out like crazy so each week your playing a new one. Random would be awesome.

I agree. I just recently started playing CS again, this week, actually. It's been well over 6 months since I stopped playing, and I've gotten a new box in that downtime. My lack of playing coupled with my new mouse/keyboard have really driven my play to the dirt. However, I've never had so much fun sucking at CS. I have Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow and UT2K4, but they don't touch CS in my mind. In fact, I kinda wish I hadn't bought them.

All in all, if you have the time, and it's fun for you, play the game. No reason to stick around in a game you're not enjoying. This prolonged break from CS made it seem like a new game now. If you quit playing, chances are you'll pick it up again sometime. Life's too stressful to not have fun when you're playing games.