Epic Films

Playaa

I'm sitting here programming away listening to the Braveheart soundtrack...I haven't even seen this movie in about 2 years...but this music STILL affects me...and it got me to thinking...what do you guys consider the best epic films out there? and what would you consider the best epic music even if the film doesn't quite fit the "epic" title...

I'd hafta say for me the top 5 films are:

1) Braveheart without a doubt

2) Lord of the Rings trilogy

3) Glory

4) (I'm hoping to put "Troy" in this spot)

5) Forrest Gump (doesn't quite fit what we usually call "epic"...but when you think about it it IS epic)

as for music...I gotta say the Star Wars origional trilogy has some of the best epic music ever....any time I see the scene where Vader is talking about Luke's sister and Luke is hiding under the stairs then he runs out screaming "NO!"....I get chills with that music that plays.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

1. Kronos Quartet/Clint Mansell - Requiem for a Dream

2. Kronos Quartet/Clint Mansell - Requiem for a Dream

3. Kronos Quartet/Clint Mansell - Requiem for a Dream

4. Kronos Quartet/Clint Mansell - Requiem for a Dream

5. Kronos Quartet/Clint Mansell - Requiem for a Dream

=)

ooh...Hunt for Red October...forgot that one...great movie...

not usually thought of as an "epic" but I think it fits

PDO, are you talking about the movie "Requiem for a Dream"?

LotR is overrated

liez...I think they're underrated actually. The storytelling is superb, the visuals are astounding, the music is inspiring and the acting is phenomonal...

I win

now Patriot and Gladiator...those are some overrated movies...I also enjoy them but nowhere near to the effect that some people do.

Indiana Jones is ANOTHER ONE I forgot...Harrison Ford is my man-crush.

I am going to throw one in that might be controversial...

The Prince of Egypt.

It is kind of weird, but if you don't have kids, you won't know what I am talking about (or maybe you will). My kids will watch a movie over and over. It has to be a very special movie for me to watch it twice. Usually the only way I will watch a movie twice is if I am showing it to a friend.

But you know how with a certain songs after you have listened to it ad nausium it becomes bigger than life itself. Every nuance of the song has meaning and after awhile the thing can even drive you to tears (at least really pull on your emotions).

Well my kids watched that movie a lot and once in awhile I will sit down with them. I have to say the more I have watched it the more powerful it becomes. It is weird.

But anyway, I would ad that one and probably all the ones you guys have mentioned (if I have seen them)

Indiana Jones is ANOTHER ONE I forgot...Harrison Ford is my man-crush.

Yeah good call, the indiana jones series were great fopr music. I forgot the "epic" part when I posted The hunt for red october. Doesn't fall into that category, but great music regardless.

Harrison Ford is my man-crush.
DUDE!!!!

(edited)

Requiem for a Dream is overrated...not as good as i thought it would be...soundtrack was pretty good.

1) The Godfather - Both the movie and the sountract are unsurmountable

2) Origional Star Wars movie

3) Braveheart

4) Plan 9- From Outer Space

5) Last of the Mochigans - Love that soundtrack and the movie

The Patriot was perhaps the worst movie ive ever seen, with the exception of Hollow Man...I guess the soundtrack was good...

Edited by Zeabos

Requiem for a Dream is overrated...

now THAT movie is one of the worst I've ever seen...I watched it for Jennifer Connelly then vowed to never watch it again...and it's FAR from an epic...

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
PDO, are you talking about the movie "Requiem for a Dream"?

Yes.

Requiem was OK.. Had alot of expectations. Got let down. Not Epic in my book.

Forrest Gump may be my favorite movie of all time. The first 3 Star Wars are up there. Pulp Fiction soundtrack.. I Love the Office Space soundtrack :) Yeah I'm ghetto.

Aa far as Epic soundtracks, anything John WIlliams or Danny Elfman Has to be good.. O Brother where art thou? SouthPark the movie! :) Tommy(rock Opera) by The Who. Plus alot of older moives with music my Henry Mancini that not too many people here could relate to. How about Purple Rain! Gotta love Prince :)