The Chronicles of Ridrichard

bullet-401

I liked it a lot. There were several parts where I was like "No way he would survive that" but I also remembered that it is a "Sci-Fi/Action" flick so there were bound to be a few unbelievable moments so this didn't effect my like/dislike of the film.

Overall, I thought the action was great, storyline was good, and Vin Diesel is "Da' Man ".

Saw this last night instead of Terminal. I wanted to see a comedy but got overruled....oh well.

We had 10 minutes to get to the theatre in time for it to start so everyone rode with me since I was the only one that stood a chance of getting there in time. We made it in 12. Thanks to the previews we did not miss anything.

This was an interesting Sc-Fi flick. I wish I had watched Pitch Black so I had a basis for some of the characters, but it was not completely neccessary.

We all liked the movie but it did have some issues. The Sun thing was the glaring issue (pun intended haha). Some of the cinematography was mixed with intentional "glitches" that were more annoying than helpful.

On the positive side it is a good sci-fi flick. It is entertaining and the action rolls right along. I wish some of the fight scenes had been better choreographed.

Overall we gave it an 82/100. It was worth the student $6.50.

It wold have been a very very good book.

Its was a pretty good movie.

The back story, and the details about the current situation of the world, is really interesting. Unfortunatly, the movie cant spend time talking about everything. If it were a book, it would be great.

Typically most books will be better then the movie. The big exceptions I can think of are:

LoTR - all three WAY better then the books in my opinion

The Firm - I thought the movie was better then the book

The Stand movie was just as good as the book in my opinion and, to this day, still the best job of going fromm book to movie I have seen.

I wanted more of the backplot. Granted, it's only a movie, not an editor's cut of a classic trilogy, so they didn't have 10+ hours to explain it all...But there was so much more possible (ooh, hey, this could be a plot point or interesting note on the world of Ridrichard...haha, gotcha!) Some of the action shots are cool (anybody who can leap around a rock has my vote for bad-butt of the year) but I wasn't impressed with the action sequences overall. Costuming and set design was okay...but not great.

Overall, a meh...

But I'm the only one I know, online or off, who feels that way, so...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

While this movie was "ok". It did not live up to "Pitch Black" which was a great movie. I think when the movie went to getting the girl who is now a hottie from the prison to knowing the politics of the Necromongers ruined the whole thing. Even the ending was stupid. What could have been a great sequel turned into a long mess. 25/100