I don't eat meat.

Trouble .gc

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Maybe she means beef? Not sure..

Peanut Butter is good, donno if your body could handle the extra fats going through your body or not...

If you don't mind fish, Tuna is a great source of protein.

I think whoever mentioned whey might have been speaking of Protein powders. They are usually 90% whey protein. They aren't the best tasting things in the world, but they do provide you with as much as 20-30 grams of protein a drink. Be wary of the ones that say they provide more than this much because your body can't synthasize that much protein in one sitting. From what I've seen of you trouble, you are a smaller gal, so I wouldn't go over 20 grams of protein in one meal. If you need more than one 20 gram serveing of protein, spread them out by a couple of hours between meals.

Be wary of the ones that say they provide more than this much because your body can't synthasize that much protein in one sitting.

can you expand on that more? is there a formaula or ratio to use on what your body can absorb? never really though of that, and regularly will do double-scoops of whey and/or multiple chicken servings trying to load back up on protein (290lbs so try to get in that range of protein)....wanna make sure not wasting :-)

Give me some time to find the actual ratio. But yeah, if you are doing a pure protein shake and taking twice the amount for one shake I'm pretty sure you are overdoing it in one serving.

Here's some good reading for you:

Protein....How much should I eat?

If you exercise heavily, you might need to up your protein intake from the RDA's recommendation of 0.8 g/kg to 1.2-1.8 g/kg.

290/2.2 = 132kg

Normal RDA = 106g needed

Heavy Exercise = 158-237g needed

Please realize that the higher end of this is if you are really sticking it to the weights. Still working on how much you can synthasize at once.

Well....here's one that goes against everything I've ever heard and says that my statement isn't necessarily true. Not sure who this guy is or what his qualifications might be. But I will post this and some other stuff and let you decide what you think.

Myth or Reality

More good reading.

You touched upon that there can be differences between athletes, and that one of these differences may be their ability to absorb and utilize protein. One of the things that intrigues me most about these studies is the magic number: that over a period of about 2 hours the body can digest 42 grams of protein. I'm wondering where that came from, and if it isn't really a continuing enzymatic process that varies widely.

Taken from here:

The Protein Bible

Those three are some good finds from searching "protein assimilation" in a websearch. There are many more articles that lend other ideas about protein intake. I will admit, that most of my knowledge about lifting and what not was gained in the early 90s when I was really big into weight lifting and gaining all of the knowledge I could on the subjects of lifting and nutrition. I have loaned out a majority of my nutrition books or I would check them as well. Most of the articles I read today in my search for your answer mini, seem to lend to the idea that what types of protein you are eating and when you eat them lend more to the amount you can synthasize just as much as your body weight. If I find more info on the subject I will be sure to pass it your way.

I'm not eating meat that comes from cows, chickens, turkeys, or anything else that walks on the green grass. or dirt for that matter.

fish i can handle right now...i'm not going vegan here...i think that that would be unhealthy for my body.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
I'm not eating meat that comes from cows, chickens, turkeys, or anything else that walks on the green grass. or dirt for that matter.

fish i can handle right now...i'm not going vegan here...i think that that would be unhealthy for my body.

Fish, Protein Shakes, Peanut Butter.

Now thats some spiffy...Jiffy!!!

>>> 290/2.2 = 132kg

Normal RDA = 106g needed

Heavy Exercise = 158-237g needed

Please realize that the higher end of this is if you are really sticking it to the weights. Still working on how much you can synthasize at once.

I agree with this analysis BGB. If you are farting enough to down overhead airliners, you are eating too much protein, if you arent, you are okay.

I sock down about 170-200g of protein in the days following a heavy bout with the freeweights. I weigh 220lb.

Glad you are eating steak again Trouble ;)

You really can be very healthy if you eat veggies, fruits, take vitamins and eat fish/chicken and a protein shake (even something like slimfast as you are not a very big person I think).