Fahrenheit?

General J

Anyone going to see this? I read a review in USA Today (only paper at work) about it, and it kind of angers me. But, I may go see it just to be "enlightened" by someones view other than mine, or my family and friends. I don't approve of the anti-president message, but to each their own I guess. The USA Today made a big deal of a scene in which Bush learns of the attacks in the classroom.

Few will forget the devastating footage of Bush's bewildered, dumbstruck reaction on the morning of Sept. 11, 2001, when he learns of the attack on the World Trade Center. Instead of conferring with advisers, he sits quietly in a Florida classroom for an interminable seven minutes and then reads My Pet Goat to the children
Personally, I would react the same way. Would anyone really know how to react to that news? I applaud the president for letting the news sink in, staying calm, and then doing what he was at that school to do in the first place. I actually did the same thing that day at school. I watched the news most of the day, and thought about everything. I completed my school day, like I was supposed to, and then went home to confer with my advisers (parents).

I will write up more after seeing the film hopefully this weekend or beginning of next week. I will have to convince the girlfriend that I won't have any outburst during the movie. Prayers will probably be needed for her sake. :) She knows how I react when people start bashing the president. :blink::wavey:

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I agree completely General. Bush would also have been criticized if he had reacted with anger or sadness in front of children. I will not bother giving my hard earned money to the anti-american hack. Everytime I hear this thing called a Documentary i want to put a gun into my own mouth. :bang:

I'm gonna see it. I don't like Bush :)

Candian. The name of the leader of your country escapes me, and about 90% of the rest of the world.

:lol: Actually... who the hell does lead Canada? oohooh :wavey::wavey: I bet its that Labatt Blue bear! :o

Read this review and liked the last portion. The reviewer liked the movie though:

One last thought: "Fahrenheit 9/11" is many things, but for pity's sake let's not call it a documentary. To do so abuses the word and shames the good and balanced work done by filmmakers as storied as D.A. Pennebaker and Barbara Kopple, as current as Jehane Noujaim of "Control Room," and as hard-working and unheralded as Carma Hinton of Brookline's Long Bow Group.

Moore, by contrast, is a maker of agit-entertainment, of cinematic essays whose express purpose is to convince. That's fine as long as he's respecting his audience. But when he pushes the camera into Lipscomb's weeping face and keeps it there, he's saying that he doesn't trust you to think for yourself. And that is when he becomes his enemy.

I will not see the movie but I have long said his movies should never be called documentaries.

After I thought about this film more, I have decided to either A) borrow it on divx :) or B) wait till it comes out for rental so I can stop it anytime and take it back anytime without feeling guilty for paying good money to see it in a theater. It is inevitable that I would end up storming out. I read the reviews in our crappy St. Louis Post Dispatch. Crappiest news paper ever, I swear. Playaa might be able to attest to that depending on what he reads.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Canadian. The name of the leader of your country escapes me, and about 90% of the rest of the world.

:lol:

Wait, what country was it that had terrorist attacks on it and everyone hates now? It's escaping my memory at the moment.

i seen the movie, kinda scared me a bit

i came into the movie completely clear of opinion. if you go into this movie hateing bush, well what do you think is going to happen. why bother seeing it.

it seems moore took a lot of cheap shots at bush, especially the stupid crap that he said during speeches.

but he did bring up a lot of interesting things, though. i dont know where im going with this. i think i am going to see it again when it comes out on dvd.

Canadian. The name of the leader of your country escapes me, and about 90% of the rest of the world.

Wait, what country was it that had terrorist attacks on it and everyone hates now? It's escaping my memory at the moment.

you're full of it if you think Bush wasn't well known pre 9/11

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

you're full of it if you think Bush wasn't well known pre 9/11

Where did I state that?

I'm simply stating America is the most hated country in the world.

Must be a great place to live.

Yea ZD - good piece on Bowling.

Someone said this one is also called a documentary, I do not think that is the case anymore though.

I may download it eventually but I really have no interest in seeing it at all.