I OWN A $@%&@!% MOTORCYCLE!

General J

:o:o Yeah that's me! lol! I just spent $1,900 and all I can think and say to anyone now is "I OWN A MOTORCYCLE!!" Sladan was just about the nicest guy I have ever met. We looked over the bike, had Catriona's dad ride it a bit. The longer we stood there, the more he threw in! I have 3 exhausts now- Stock, Cobra F1's (on the bike now), and Cobra F1R's! Also ended up with a replacement center stand, extra key, factory paint, a Shoei Helmet (which cat's dad was amazed by), a Kawasaki jacket, all the paper work ever for the bike, and this ginormous smile :D . Since I know you animals just want pictures, I guess I can oblige. :D:D

378994_14_full.jpg

378994_15_full.jpg

378994_16_full.jpg

Funny thing about this day... MY GLOVES CAME IN TOO! FedEx Rocks UPS and they usually get it here early. They estimated they would be in Monday, But they were here waiting for me... AND MY NEW MOTORCYCLE! :o:o:o:hug: fedex... :wub:

378994_22_full.jpg

:boing::boing::boing::boing::boing:

JAY!!!!!

WOOHOO Mang! Now I will do the mother speach. I know you are a smart kid, and I know that you are concerned about learning how to ride a bike the right way. So...stick to your convictions and dont go tearin' it up just yet!

That bike looks soooo nice and super duper clean! The helmet is beautiful too!!! Congrats man, I know you have waited and worked for this buddy :hug:

(edited)

*Edit* I am definitly a waver! And trust me when I say, I didnt buy the bike to look cool! Gotta love the open air!

The wait to take my MSF course is killing me! I keep walking out in the garage and being like "GAH! There's a motorcycle in my garage!!" :o^_^ You have no clue how tempted I have been to fire it up and take it for a spin around the block! But I keep thinking only 2 more days till I will be doing it right and learning before I just jump right on.

Figuring all goes well Tuesday and Wednesday, I will be coming home from my class Wednesday night and going cruising while the sun is still up. Then Thursday morning I plan on getting up and riding to the license bureau to turn my course completion card and my permit in for my endorsement and new license!

I figured that the newness of actually having the bike would wear off when I start riding, but then I will walk out into the garage and be like "I get to freakin ride that thing!" :wub:

come take me for a ride :)  i like that bike

See ^ you already have chicks wanting to hang out w you ;)

Plus. two reallly cool helmets ^_^

You aren't kidding about the helmets! I loved the look of my blue and black HJC helmet. Then I saw the Shoei green and black one :o ! I :wub: the smoke colored design going down the back :o x2! Can't wait to walk in somewhere with my jacket on and helmet in hand! :D

Edited by General J

>>>And I will continue in my attempts to get every biker just a little closer to one another with a simple wave of my gloved clutch hand. And if they do not wave back when I extend my hand into the breeze as I pass them, I will smile a little more. They may be a little mistaken about just who is a "breed apart."

Cool man, remember when the tough guy idiot on a Harley doesnt wave back, the moral of this cool tradition.

(edited)

Gen J, thats sweet, Funny thing Is Im looking at 250 Ninja's!!! Tell me how you like it, will it get up and go for being a 250? I've been raising money so I can buy one, but it doesnt look like im able to afford one unti I get my finacial aid check in the fall or possibly even next spring.

Just got another speeding ticket last night, woot! which isn't helping me save any money. But insurance on these is only like 12 bucks a month and you get like 50-60 MPG.

I've Read the 250 ninja can do 0-60 in about 5.5 seconds, get a jet kit and exhaust and you will be doin 0-60 in close to 4 seconds.

Edited by NOFX

Gratz on the bike.

Funny thing, guy on my street just last night rode by on that same bike with same jacket, similar helmet, same color and all.

Word of advice: never armor all the tires. My harley has some nice scratches and a new shifter peg due to my stupidity with shiny tires. :)

Gratz on the bike.

Funny thing, guy on my street just last night rode by on that same bike with same jacket, similar helmet, same color and all.

Word of advice: never armor all the tires. My harley has some nice scratches and a new shifter peg due to my stupidity with shiny tires. :)

:lol:

:o hehe thanks for the advice... I thought about the blacking the tires thing the other day and decided it might be a bad idea :blink:^_^

Nice bike J! A few words of advice from a fellow biker(since reformed, waiting to relapse) :)

1. If you ever have to do major reconstruction on the bike, when you're all done and take it around the block for the first time, please make sure to remember to kick the kickstand all the way out. Otherwise it will fold up and the bike wil come crashing down on the cement breaking the windscreen and nice new paint and spill gas all over the place. Yes I did that after getting my GSXr 750 put together after buying it salvaged. Gasoline spilled and when I was picking it up, I slipped and back down it went!

2. Watch for loose gravel. It is now your enemy. It's very temping to lean these babies around ever turn doin 95 but sonner or later.. Save the high speed stuff for newly paved roads and straight aways. Remember the speed limit is 65 ;) .

And that's about it. Have fun! Get your endorsment a.s.a.p. Don't risk a ride until.. Murphy's law comes into play here..

Get your endorsment a.s.a.p. Don't risk a ride until.. Murphy's law comes into play here..

hehehe Thanks watch! I have been drooling over it the past few days. And tomorrow is the day! I start my MSF course tomorrow. Two intense days of schooling! :D But it will be a good time. I am really looking forward to Wednesday night (assuming all goes well with my riding test) and hop on the bike for awhile! Then Thursday morning will be the much anticipated (2 years in the making :blink: ) trip to the DMV to get my endorsement and, subsequently, new license! I am a bit excited, couldn't you tell? I hope I can actually sleep tonight! := Anywho, wish me luck! And you know I will be posting up the second I get my endorsement and take my first ride on it! :D:D:D

Word of advice:  never armor all the tires.  My harley has some nice scratches and a new shifter peg due to my stupidity with shiny tires. :)

:o hehe thanks for the advice... I thought about the blacking the tires thing the other day and decided it might be a bad idea :blink:^_^

Ok, lemme clear something up. You can armorall the tires, just not the treads..... :rolleyes: ....and depending on how hard you ride and how far you lean, you really gotta be careful.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea, what Fatty said...I always put the armorall on the rag & then rub the tire...I never spray it on the tire.

Also avoid the armorall on your seat...gets kinda slippery.