banned :/

Guest Migraine Boy

Guest Migraine Boy
Guest Migraine Boy
Guest Migraine Boy
Guests

OK my friend ryan and I were playing last night at about 4 in the morning, and we just got done scrimming, so we were on ventrilo.

And we were talking about stuff, not cussing or anything, and camping on de_dust.. and all of a sudden we get banned? wonid 3510008 ip address 24.140.77.63

Guest Migraine Boy
Guest Migraine Boy
Guest Migraine Boy
Guests

ok well, be that as it may, i only did it one time, and a fair warning would have been nice :|

ok well, be that as it may, i only did it one time, and a fair warning would have been nice :|

You have been in enough trouble before to know what the server rules are. The fact that Mmmm let you back should have been your fair warning IMO.

I don't believe Mmmm would give someone caught using ogc a 2nd chance, and they do let a lot of people off easy. Ghosting is cheating, it is not allowed. It should be in server rules and if it isn't I would suggest that it needs to be in there.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Ventrilo makes things confusing when people are bad at describing, much easier to just use ingame.. :o .

If you wanna do it just go to a random pub or download OGC, same deal and you don't get banned by people you know o_0.

How do you determine if someone is ghosting though and wheres the limit ? A LOT of regulars use Vent/Teamspeak, even in our public server. I'm not bringing back a dead horse to beat but really, this guy was booted for ghosting and thats 100% the right thing to do. Ghosting is cheating, but i haven't seen the regs getting banned for it, some of them are just as obvious about it as Migrane Boy probably was. Others aren't so obvious about it, their the ones i worry about, they do it so often they are getting good at it.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
How do you determine if someone is ghosting though and wheres the limit ? A LOT of regulars use Vent/Teamspeak, even in our public server. I'm not bringing back a dead horse to beat but really, this guy was booted for ghosting and thats 100% the right thing to do. Ghosting is cheating, but i haven't seen the regs getting banned for it, some of them are just as obvious about it as Migrane Boy probably was. Others aren't so obvious about it, their the ones i worry about, they do it so often they are getting good at it.

Must've been fairly blatant with it to make it obvious enough with prefire and such.

I like ghosting AFK's to save time when lunk takes too long to amx_rocket them ^_^

Well this is what happened in detail if u wish:

Ryan is alive and camping, Migrane Boy is dead, all of the sudden Migrane Boy starts talking on voicecom to Ryan saying that there are ppl coming etc. ( I guess his ventrilo key is same bind as CS voice) Ryan obviously hears him as he acts on it...then when he dies Migrane goes on saying "Ryan u fool I told u they were coming and u still died" or something like that....

Thats when I decided to clear this thing out by asking if they're are on ventrillo or something...and they just came out and said "yes we are shaw :D"

...w/o futher delay I banned them both for cheating.

As for regulars that might do this...well I never cought anyone but sure if I did there would be exactly same action taken w/o any hesitation...I recommend u make a DEMO if you anyone do it...because as we said IT IS CHEATING.

I don't believe Mmmm would give someone caught using ogc a 2nd chance, and they do let a lot of people off easy. Ghosting is cheating, it is not allowed. It should be in server rules and if it isn't I would suggest that it needs to be in there.

Keep in mind its not only Mmmm who make the calls. GC admin members decide the fate of the server.

...and for you teamspeak, lanners, no-walls, etc, ,etc ,etc.... :nono:

BTW, you two are not the first to be banned due to vent.

About 2 weeks ago I banned a couple of leb| guys for the same thing.

You got caught. Accept the consequences of your actions.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
I like ghosting AFK's

ghosting is ghosting. It can't be that some ghosting is ok and some isn't. You obviously have the capability to ghost non-afker's if you ghost afk's.

1) You took that out of context.

2) No, I don't. I know for a fact that over the past year I haven't done it once, and further more that I've yelled at people for ghosting for me.

Ghosting AFK's is not ghosting, it's saving everyones time from watching 2 people sitting on the bomb while an AFK is sitting at T-spawn.