• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

I'd like to see atleast 30 minutes, espeacilly with the amazingly long round times.

IMO, 30 min map times are just TOO long. The freakin map just drags on. With 20 min, you still have time to get into the map but the time is short enough so that you still get to play several different maps in one sitting.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
IMO, 30 min map times are just TOO long. The freakin map just drags on. With 20 min, you still have time to get into the map but the time is short enough so that you still get to play several different maps in one sitting.

The problem with 20 minutes is more with the 4:00 round timer, you can end up playing 7 rounds on the map and it's over! That's enough time for 2-3 "rifle rounds", if you moved the round time down to 2:00 you could get in atleast twice as many rounds, so yea :).

2:00 round times seem kind of low to me. I like 3:00 for a round time, unless of course the map is a bigger map and 4:00 is fine (at which time you should probably modify the map config to make it a 30 minute map).

I definatly don't want longer map times nor do I want shorter round times.

but hey, again I'm one of those people that likes the slow tactical teamplay in counter-strike and 99% of the pubs are bad enough as it is when it comes to that...take the server that I pay for and make it more like that...and well, you'd just plain bake my bottom.

and we don't want that to happen

i think the low map times prevent players from wanting to stay in trop because just when things start to get good its allready almost time to switch maps and the non regulars just dont like that. thats why when map changes most people leave. pubs just arent fun to "most" people when it moves slow

besides FF, when is the last time you played cs? do you get a say? :P

i agree with phyzer, i believe the maps are WAY too short, if you lose the first round. you'll have about 6 mins of pistols. i believe you should at least bump it up to 30 even 40 mins preferably. i think this is the major reason why trop has been down. personally i havent been joining as much because of it

funny....the old trop had 20 minute maps too....we've been doing 20 minute maps for over a year now.

admins always have the option of extending a map if good play is going on.

I'm seeing 20/20 on cs_office_cz right now....I bet they'll extend that!

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
funny....the old trop had 20 minute maps too....we've been doing 20 minute maps for over a year now.

admins always have the option of extending a map if good play is going on.

I'm seeing 20/20 on cs_office_cz right now....I bet they'll extend that!

True, however now round timers are even longer.

4 minutes + 35 seconds with a last minute plant. Add in chat time, freeze time, and the few seconds after the bomb goes off and you cuold have a 4 round map - there's no way you can convince me that's fun.

As for what Playaa said, there is no strategy in pubs. Sorry, but saying "everyone rush b!" doesn't require a 4:00 round timer.

If the best people in the world at CPL can pull off complex strats in 2:30, I'd hope a pub can pull off a rush strat in 2:30 =/.

i dunno i used to enjoy that slow play stuff but now its all about

RUSH RUSH RUSH RUSH RUSH RUSH RUSH RUSH and sit for 3:30 and watch 2 people camp it out on the opposite sides of the map. Then again I really don't like cs anymore, so ya know!

p.s. any community members playing lineage 2?

As for what Playaa said, there is no strategy in pubs. Sorry, but saying "everyone rush b!" doesn't require a 4:00 round timer.

If the best people in the world at CPL can pull off complex strats in 2:30, I'd hope a pub can pull off a rush strat in 2:30 =/.

that doesn't win you any points in my book...I cannot tell you how often I see the "no strats in pubs" thing and I just get tinkled off. Compared to most of the other pubs out there, there ARE strats on Trop...sure they aren't going to be up to par with a CPL team...but I don't expect them to be. What I do expect is to see community members helping to MAKE strats and create a good teamplay atmosphere...what you're asking for is for us to make it LESS of a teamplay atmosphere.