NOFX on Conan

NOFX

Did any catch NOFX Conan tonight?

NOFX's website said:

Watch NOFX on "LATE NIGHT" with CONAN marking the release on Tuesday with their television debut! Tune in to see how they play on TV- should be interesting to say the least.

ROFL 15 years and 12 albums later they make thier television debut.....that was hilarious. I saw how they were going to be on TV and was thinking, what?!?! they are going to be on TV. No way. They sounded like total crap and did it on purpose. Anyone who has seen them live knows they dont sound like that. But it still rocked :peace:

heh yea, this is on their site as well

Apparently someone over at Late Night with Conan O'Brien is under the impression that NOFX is a legitimate act, because they'll be performimg live on August 10th. Boy are they in for a surprise. It couldn't work out any more perfectly for NOFX however, because Fat Wreck will be releasing Rock Against Bush Vol. II on that very same day.

check out Rock against Bush Vol II. Hit the stores yesterday!!!

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I good friend of mine in the Navy really liked Circle Jerks. He hated those mainstream "punk" bands calling them fakes and wonna be's. I found the lyrics harsh and the sound annoying. He liked NOFX as well. I respect the talent but do not much enjoy the music myself.

maybe I'm confused...but why is it a good thing that they sounded like crap on purpose?

some people don't care what others think. NOFX is awesome. Punk music is awesome.

I used to like Sum41 oh.... 5 or so years ago and got my name from them .. All Killer No Filler.

(edited)
but if it's popular it's mainstream...and if it's mainstream it's not punk

right?

:)

you can have mainstream punk, but I think its called The simple plan - LOL.

Look what happend to blink-182.....Noone knew who they were before they ran around on MTV naked. Thier CD's before Enema of the State were awesome. Chesire Cat, Dude Ranch, Buddha.....After that they turned into teeny-boppers, they went downhill as fast as they showed up on MTV.

and NOFX doesnt want any new fans....if you think they suck, dont listen to them. They dont want their fanbase to be a bunch of posers that like them because they saw them play on TV. If you like a band and want to see what they really sound like, you should go see them live.

Edited by NOFX

I like NOFX, especially cause they have a song called August 8th (my birthday). Other classics are The Brews, Liza & Louise, Buggley Eyes, and Drugs are Good. Too bad they will still never be able to top the greatest punk band ever, The Descendents!