Collateral

san`

Liked the movie a lot, Foxx is a great actor, and of course Cruise is great as always. The plot went very smoothly, the characters all had their personalities, and you actually cared about what would happen tp them. I guess I'll do the ol' rating system and give it a 94/100.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this tonight. Boy were we happy to see a good movie for a change.

The movie starts out good, rises slowly to a nice crescendo and then peaks at the end, just as it should. Michael Mann (the director) uses sound and silence to draw you into the film and become that much closer to the events as they take place. There is a good bit of action, so well done it is amazing. The cinematography is superb, with good camera angles, helicopter shots and closeups through crowded dance floors; none of that epileptic camera crap like Bourne Supremacy thought worked.

There are some good laughs, a few gasps and some good old blatant killing. Cruise is excellent, Fox is beyond excellent and all the supporting case did a wonderful job. Jason Stratham even has a cameo at the beginning of the movie.

The script was well done, albeit a tad bit predictable but by the end you are well into the movie and looking forward to what you "hope" is about to happen.

We gave it an 88/100. It would have bumped to a 90 with a few attractive girls in it somewhere.

Hey, does anybody know what Tom Cruise is using at the beginning of the movie? Is it an eBook or a tablet PC? It's all greyscale, I thought it was an eBook (or some variant, like Band-Aid vs. adhesive bandage). I want one, so I'm really curious.

----edit------

oh, btw, on topic, I really liked that movie. A lot. Good directing and editing, it had that city that never sleeps style that I really like.

Edited by appalachian_fox

saw it last night...I gotta agree with soul...it was not only nice to see a "good" movie, but a movie that I didn't leave the theatre thinking "man I wish they did this or that different".

wasn't the best movie ever but well worth the ticket price