I need new car :(

bullet-401

Friday I had a prob with my warning light going on for my car(It was for my lights). So I went to try to fix that. I found out that my 2 front parking lights were burnt out. But that still didn't fix the problem :( I assume now it's a wiring problem. But the thing that really sucked was I smelt something really bad. It was a cracked radiator! yay! Burning Antifreeze is great! So I have like 3 things to fix on my car: Radiator, Wiring, and also my shocks. So it's really not worth spending on a 1992 Camry with 233k miles on it. Woke up Saturday and went to the dealership to look for new cars with my parents. After much looking at used cars and new we thought it would be much more worth it going all new since there really inst much of a difference these days. I test drove the new Scion Tc (That thing is awsome!) but I could never afford the insurance. :( I also test drove the new 2005 Toyota Corolla XRS. That thing is so slick. The Corolla I'm about 90% sure I'll get :) We just need to talk with my insurance tomorrow to see how much it will run. The Scion Tc is $18k but there is no dealing with it :( Strict rule with Toyota since they are losing money on each Scion they sell (long story.. I'll tell ya if interested). But we should be able to get the $18k Corolla down to 15 or 16k.

back of Corolla XRS

front of Corolla XRS

Drive it for a couple hundred miles of babying it. Change oil. Factory oil is the cheapest, lowest bidding, pos sludge that they could get their grimey cheap hands on. USE REGULAR OIL! Do not use synthetic for break in. You want a little bit of wear due to rings and such sealing! After the change, start the car make sure the oil light goes off. Warm the car up with light driving. Run that biiaa... I mean sweet car for a while, varying speeds. Do not let it sit at 4000 rpm while you cruise for 100 miles at 55 or 60 mph. You want varying speeds.

A lot of research went into engine break in when I was going to buy a brand new motorcycle. A lot of people have said "break it in the way you will drive it." Drive like a granny, break it in while wearing your depends.. I mean slowly... Drive like me, find some twisties and go have some fun! Change the oil at 500 miles or so. Then start following your normal oil change procedure. Yes! 2 Oil changes within that first 500 miles would be a good idea. A lot of little milling "mistakes" and other little metal shilling will be left in the engine from the manufacturing process. I might even suggest getting one of those little oil filter screens so you can see just how many little bits come through the filter with your oil.

Most of all, just have fun. Isn't that what warranties are for? ;):D Unless you own a Mitsubishi.. :twitch: