Is it any good?

I love it. I'd also mention that I spent the extra 10 for the other games....went with Silver.

Flashbangs are great. Was doing 1 v 1 with a guy this morning and he kept jumping around and wacking me...so I started slowing down and using flashbangs and nades....then it was STOP WITH THE FLASHBANGS! So I told him I would if he stopped jumping around like a loon! They're sweet...a close one brings you useless!

Environment is incredible like has been said. I shot bannanas in Italy this morning. Yum.

The rubber effect on some objects bugs me, but I'll get used to it. Graphics are incredible, sound, all of it.

Get it now while it's still pure and everyone is somewhat of a n00b! And of course, we could always use a hand banning people!

The graphics and flashbands are great like fatty said... BUT.. I feel like im playing Call of Duty for some reason. Maybe its the sounds, and the player movement.. I'm not sure. I need to play it more (with out the crappy lag) and see how it is. I don't think its good enough to steal time away from WoW though.

I'm in love, but there is something i can't quite pur my finger on. Something about shooting someone dead on, seems alot different, looks almost like im not hitting them till they die, or the more likely example...I die. I can't quite describe it yet, just something I noticed. Maybe i should just wait for admin and the million mods with blood and hit dmg and super highlighted names and the other thousand things people put on there.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

At the end of a round or when you die, go to your console and you will see the damage inflicted on yourself and who you did damage to. No need for choke enducing plugins when that is already built in.

I downloaded last night and got in a few rounds this morning before work... rubber effect had me a bit confuzzled, but all in all I'm really looking forward to spending some time with this game.

But I hear ya with the "not quite right" aspect. It almost felt like that old special forces op Utk2003 mod that was out a while back. Can't remember teh name of that one for the life of me though.

Hopefully I'll be back to my old headshooting wall spammiong self tonight.

Frag ya s00n

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Those items witht he rubber effect are supposed to do that. You have to shoot them away.

I am highly impressed with the glass effect on Office. THat is awesome.

Kenger's first impression:

I played de_dust and de_aztec

Positive things:

The HE's... they ring your ears :) Love it..

Smoke nades... they actually look real and make a wall of smoke that you cannot see through.

Flashbangs... Not only do they flash you but they make a loud noise like the HE's. And also blurs your vision just before you are able to see again. I liked that was neat.

Graphics are great, during aztec you make splashes when running through the water, and also when you shoot through it. You can shoot bottles so they shatter, and also shoot the barrels around. Thought this was a great addition for the moment. The characters are nice. Can see the grenades on his belt, thought that was cool also.

Negative things:

Crouching characters need a little more work. They look too goofy running around crouched.

Throwing grenades does not seem real. Seems like you have no control where the nades go.

Headshots. Seems like our heads have grown again. I saw all kinds of headshots in two maps.

Bomb... they need to bring the backpack back. I don't like the gfx of a brick of c4 with a timer on top to it just sitting on someones back with no straps or anything. Looks like the terrist just glued it to his back.

I also thing they should fix muzzle flash. With the ak there should always be flash. (works fine) But with the m4 colt there should not be flash w/ a silencer. I mean thats one of the purposes of adding it to your gun...

Additions:

Maps. Duh, always can be added. Will come with time i believe tho.

Characters. Maybe 2 or 3 more, but I like having one do to easier for newer players to learn who is what team and such.

With the mp5, if your a ct there should be an added silencor option to it. In all the movies you always see the mp5 with silencers, would be neat to have the same.

I think its a good update for CS. But maybe not a great "new" release. It is worth buying HL2 and getting CS:S. I think with time the game will get better, but I think thats the way it always works. But of coarse 1.5 to 1.6 really killed CS :(.

I think a lot of people think different about it and you will just have to try it out by yourself to really see if its worth it or not. But at the very least you can convince yourself that you bought HL2 for 50 bucks instead of HL2 and CS:S.

Source is good, i love it. I won't say the graphics are the best, because they aren't even close but some things are really well done. Water, glass, some smooth surfaces. My shots register and the colt is pimp, def replaced CS for me.

I can see blood splatter off a person when i shot them, for whom ever commented they couldn't tell if they were hitting someone.

Exactly! It does have some of those DoD feels too it, you're very right.

Many of of the things that feel weird are just due to the change. We'll get over it like we did every time! I've given up complaining about changes and upgrades since, well, dunno, the year 2000 or so?

I like the fact that the flashes do produce some concussion effect...I just love watching a poor sap "stumble" sideways against a wall while you shoot at him.

Oh I almost forgot one of my favs: the sound of bullets hitting and pinging around from a gun that's a good distance away...you can hear the muzzle yonder and the bullets hitting elsewhere...the sound of the bullet hitting actually has a specific source now, instead of the old "twang" of a bullet hitting somewhere....

(edited)

Positive : graphics

negative:

Sound - Its hard to tell where stuff is coming from

Registration - Completely and totally random

Movement- I hate the effect of sliding around when I try to stop

Models - Just plain bad. In cs you can tell where someone is looking or where they are aiming. Now it all looks the same.

Maps - Hellllllllllllllllloooooooooo? Pirenisi, Havanah? Alrighty then Valve. Way to go!

My main problems are really w/ the models and the movement, I hate sliding around :( Oh and also the registration. Ummm, and I really hate the vgui menus :[

Edited by Mossad

I agree, I love source.

I think the most amazing thing are the flashes. They really make you feel like you got blinded and disorientated. I'm impressed because of they deliver what they arf supposed to do.

Smokes too. I agree with the last posts on the smokes.

Graphics, what games are better graphically? 3d- that is. I'd love to buy em.

yes things feel funny. When you see auggy getting hshots you know somethings wrong. I should be the standard for valve :)

Sometimes I felt like someone shot me WAY before I got him yet I win so I get this delayed type of feel that tells me somethings kinda quirky.

I imagine we'll get updates that will tighten up and fine tune all of this.

I totally agree with Fatty, No use comparing with older versions. It is what it is and I've got nothing but good stuff to say.

ONE COMPLAINT FATTY, NON-MEMBERS ARE ON THE SERVER BUT I GET A SERVER FULL. is this norm for now? Perhaps they are members but not on the web?

Auggy

i hate how you get stuck on barrels and other players even more now. And to go along with what moss was saying , you cant really tell which way a person is looking. Registration is a little random too, but hopefully in good time most of this stuff will be fixed. All in all im quite happy the way it turned out.

No flame meant by this, just being honest....

First off the net code sucks...adn I mean sucks....all those complaints of bullets kinda acting wierd and how they register with other players...all real bad net code....but this is always a problem with new releases/games.

Secondly amazing graphics, but with a huge price....instead of a table having basically 6 sides ( top, bottome and four walls ) it now has like 80 to make it "more" 3D - real....problem is if its not skinned 100% perfection its like a tiny shard of wood ( a splinter ) will stop you from running full speed.

Lastly is it just me or does it seem that the style of play has changed DRAMATICALLY ? The game seems to be tons like the regular CS, yet the gusy who used to run around rushing like crazy are now holding back....It just seems wierd to me that the guys who used to run full force then "conviently" stop or back up, no sit back and camp like noobs. Is this really because its a "new" game or is this because that the "new version" of an old game doesnt have aim-bots and wall hacks yet....Im prolly just talking out of my donkey, and being irrational, but has anyone else noticied it?

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
Lastly is it just me or does it seem that the style of play has changed DRAMATICALLY ?  The game seems to be tons like the regular CS, yet the gusy who used to run around rushing like crazy are now holding back....It just seems wierd to me that the guys who used to run full force then "conviently" stop or back up, no sit back and camp like noobs.  Is this really because its a "new" game or is this because that the "new version" of an old game doesnt have aim-bots and wall hacks yet....Im prolly just talking out of my donkey, and being irrational, but has anyone else noticied it?

Honest guess?

Flashbangs are too strong, if they're anything like they were when I was playing the demo.

For $200 you make someone completley useless.. hello, balance? I know right now if I'm half blind I can still hear, and can still pull out a kill or two in a pub if it wasn't a perfect flash.. now if it's anywhere near me, I'm useless, and most likely dead - this will slow gameplay down a lot, go back to the old ones.. the novelty will wear off in 2 weeks when you're sick of dying beacause a flashbang landed within 20 feet of you.

omigosh! They expect us to use strategy?! Valve should be shot for this.

I admit to loving FB's. They change the usual run and gun, spray and pray into making the consequences of bad strategy really bite. No balance is lost. FB's work for the camper as well as the assaulter. It only hurts the fools that think the only strategy is to run in a pack.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
omigosh! They expect us to use strategy?! Valve should be shot for this.

I admit to loving FB's. They change the usual run and gun, spray and pray into making the consequences of bad strategy really bite. No balance is lost. FB's work for the camper as well as the assaulter. It only hurts the fools that think the only strategy is to run in a pack.

There's no strategy (or skill) to get a flash to land within 20 feet of someone and make them completely useless. Flashes right now are perfectly balanced in 1.6, if you look away, you're still at a disadvantage, but you can still do something, while in Source you're dead. Using several well placed flashes in 1.6 in one thing, having one guy throw one decent flash in source to take out everyone is a completly different thing; they're too strong.

Leave it to Valve to make the game easier for people that can't aim.