Whats the slowest system playing Source?

Gond

Curious if you have a lesser system than this, or an equal one, how does Source run.

P4 2.4 533 fsb

1 gig ram 333mhz

ATI 9500 Pro

I don't want to shell out 50 for the game only to realize I have to shell out another couple hundred just to play it.

Curious if you have a lesser system than this, or an equal one, how does Source run.

P4 2.4 533 fsb

1 gig ram 333mhz

ATI 9500 Pro

I don't want to shell out 50 for the game only to realize I have to shell out another couple hundred just to play it.

It should run ok.

Here's my system:

AMD Athlon 2600XP+

512MB RAM DDR333

Nvidia Geforce3 Ti-500 <---I think your card is better.

Most of my settings are on "medium" and it runs ok.

You beat my system, Gond

AMD Athlon 2500+

1 Gig RAM DDR333

9500 PRO

It runs ok on my setup. Of course I would like more fps but it is most definetely playable. Framerates will dip into the 40's if you are in a very wide open area but most of the time they stay in the 50 to 70 range. Plus I haven't tweaked it much. I lowere a bunch of graphical settings when I first started but didn't notice much of a difference so I turned them back on (looks muuuuuch better).

Now I must say that it 'seems' sluggish' to me. If that is because of the low end hardware or just a gameplay issue I couldn't tell you.

How the hell do u get 50-75 fps on source with that system toka.

I have a athalon 1800+

ti-4600

512 ram

I'm running at 800 and am lucky if I get 30 in firefights. Either you have all settings on low or something is fishy. I don't think ur processor can cause that much boost in performance unless i'm dead mistaken.

Intel P4 Processer 1.6 ghz

768 mb ram

GeForce 2 64 MB card :(

Still runs nicely as long as there aren't too many players on the screen, or smokes, etc. The stress test gave me a 42 average, but I can go anywhere from 120 looking at a door, to 20 fps while looking at a large portion of the level all at once.

I dunno, im not a comp wiz by any stretch. I do know those are my specs cause i just ordered this PC, unless they gave me more then i ordered :o But i doubt it, i swaped in my old video card. And im acutally getting better fps too then previously posted. Fire fights i can drop to 30-40 but usualy around 50, and now walking around i get high 80's-103, dont ask me how cause i dont know how my system is "suposed" to preform. These are my stats and i would not really waste my time when i could be playing source on a lie, lmao how geeky is that, lieing about ur comp :freak: