I need your Prayers

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Duke. You guys are still in our thoughts and prayers...

It was good to see you playin' last night too. I don't get on as much as I used to, but I'm glad you, and everyone else in this community, is on there when I do.

Take care man. I'm taking my Emma to get ice cream Saturday...

it's great. I find you to be a beacon of strength and even though I have never met you, nor played games with you, nor interacted with you in anyway outside of these forums...I still consider you a man I could look to for strength...cause you know how it goes:

"when you are weak, he is strong"...and I see that in you.

so, again I say, thanks for being you.

Besides playing against you on Italy increases my stats by a factor of 10 ;)

Lemming style Preach. The aparments call to me, beckon to me.

I even called for help too. No matter what position I stared at going up to apartments, I always ended up in first as the meatshield. No matter, I've been working hard in the war room coming up with another sinister plan for your demise.

it's great.  I find you to be a beacon of strength and even though I have never met you, nor played games with you, nor interacted with you in anyway outside of these forums...I still consider you a man I could look to for strength...cause you know how it goes:

"when you are weak, he is strong"...and I see that in you.

so, again I say, thanks for being you.

TY Playaa. Kind words.

lol it's always nice to play with you Duke because it's so hard trying to explain things to the 12 year olds that play on the server. You know things like who Eddie Van Halen is or the fact that there used be things called records and there were record players. Heck you could prolly talk at length about your 8 track collection and how you still have the Molly Hatchet concert T-Shirt from the 1976 show lol. Well I had an 8 track player and 3 8 tracks Styx, Crosby, Stlls and Nash and my favorite at the time Aresmith's Greatest Hits with all thier old good stuff.

Ok well enough flashbacks I wouldn't want you to start talking about Disco or jump 10 years forward to movies like Breakin' and FootLoose lol.

You know...

I woke up, got the kids up and moving, sat down at my 'puter with my morning beverage of choice...and shot coke through my nose after reading this.

Not feelin' the love, Preach! Nope, not feelin' it at all! :)

After I take my Geritol, I'll ponder my rebuttal.

Update:

Danielle just got back from getting blood work. Her ANC is all the way up to 3200 (<1000 = living in a bubble). Her white cell count is down but the doctors are not overly worried about it.

She's doing well.

I'm really hurting right now with all the bad news floating around.

Lunk's friend

The little 8 year old girl they found with the child molester (9 YO brother probably dead). I can't imaging the horror she had to go through.

The London train bombings. How many children died in that catastrophy?

Chamber and his child.

It just goes on and on. It really hurts to see any child suffer. I'm just having a sappy moment. Maybe I'll go check GC West and ban some people. That'll cheer me up.

I'm gonna mess w/ preacher's config and piggyback max framerate 1 to his left button and maxframerate 100 to his right button. He'll be lucky to hit anything.

Preach I should be on tonight after I listen to Slim Whitman's greatest hits and I watch the best of H.R. Puff'n'Stuff.

Good to hear the news about the little one man!

It can be dpressing to listen to all the bad news that happens to our friends, family and even those we don't know. Despites this we also need to remember the good that has happened in the mean time as well: Your little one doing well, that they found that little girl for her family, the support and care of this community.

• 2 weeks later...

You know i have been really down about my Christianity since our Pastor stabbed me and a couple of our other members in the back. I hvve not gone back to church since then, which has been about a month. I was kinda mad and upset about the whole situation but after reading this forum and hearing all of your all post and what is going on, it brought me to tears and realized i can't be mad forever and i can't let that get me down like it has been. Thanks for the lift guys and Duke my prayers are with you and your family.

This means so much to me to be able to read what you all post. Thanks.

Your Welcome, brother.

I understand where you are comin from. All I can tell you is don't let anyone control your faith but you.

Update:

It's 10:30 and I've had plenty to drink @ FF so far. A good time to say the least.

Danielle is doing very well. She came up to see a few people today @ FF and MIGHT show up tomorrow.

Her counts are a little low but nothing to be alarmed about.

The wife and DukeNukem are doing well too. A blessed time in my life right now. I'm enjoying every minute.

I am new to gc, and as such don't know much about what is going on. I just stumbled upon this and spent the last hour or so reading through it (I started skipping ahead because I couldn't wait to read what was going on atm). I can't believe what you and your family have had to deal with, and how well you have been able to do it. I have spent the last few days complaining about lag and choke problems(I'm such a bum). I think I would have gone crazy by now if i were you. I am glad to hear Danielle is through the worst of it. I don't pray much, but I will throw a few up for you and your family.

I am new to gc, and as such don't know much about what is going on.  I just stumbled upon this and spent the last hour or so reading through it (I started skipping ahead because I couldn't wait to read what was going on atm).  I can't believe what you and your family have had to deal with, and how well you have been able to do it.  I have spent the last few days complaining about lag and choke problems(I'm such a bum).  I think I would have gone crazy by now if i were you.  I am glad to hear Danielle is through the worst of it. I don't pray much, but I will throw a few up for you and your family.

Thank you, AIM!

Welcome to GC! As you've already read, this place and these people mean more to me than you can imagine (and now you're a part of that!).

Thank you for your prayers. I often pray that Danielle's story brings people closer to God. When people say they'll pray for her I think it does.

God Bless You!!

Update:

I truly feel this whole ordeal is a blessing. I cannot tell you how many positive things have grown from it. Faith, friendships, relationships, philosophies...the list goes on. I still hurt and I still cry, but I THINK I'm getting the bigger picture.

We learned that Danielle has a certain type of cancer genome and we don't know if it's good or bad. All I know is that I'm having to brush up on a lot of biochemistry and medical terminology that I thought I'd never have to use. It is causing a bit of tension right now. I keep asking myself, will she relapse? Does it change her chemotherapy? Did they miss it and do they have her diagnosed properly? I didn't sleep very well last night...

We're scared right now. But I learned another one of life's lessons and almost everyone in the military can relate to this one.

Being afraid and doing something is better than being afraid and doing nothing.

So, we are diving into the realm of genetics. I have no idea what we'll find.

Stay tuned--same bat-time, same bat-channel.

I came home from work yesterday and Danielle gave me a card. It was evident she worked hard on it. At the bottom of the crayon-scribbled page was a note that said, "We're having a baby!"

WOW! You can't imagine the flood of emotions I felt!!!!

My first thought was, "Danielle, you're too young to have a baby!"--kidding!

Needless to say, I'm happy and even more scared. On top of all this, we're having another child. WOW! All I can say is I'm putting my fears in God's hands. I often close my eyes and envision a bright pair of large hands that surround me. No movements, no sounds--just serenity. It doesn't last long, just long enough for me to regroup. It's a good feeling.

Thank you to those who gave Danielle hats (and the beautiful doll) at Fragfest. We're trying to get her to wear them to snap some pics--a difficult task to say the least. As soon as we do, we'll post them.

Thanks to all who continue to support us through words and prayer.

God Bless,

Duke

You know i have been really down about my Christianity since our Pastor stabbed me and a couple of our other members in the back. I hvve not gone back to church since then, which has been about a month. I was kinda mad and upset about the whole situation but after reading this forum and hearing all of your all post and what is going on, it brought me to tears and realized i can't be mad forever and i can't let that get me down like it has been. Thanks for the lift guys and Duke my prayers are with you and your family.

This means so much to me to be able to read what you all post. Thanks.

So...how's your faith today?

I've been thinkin' about you. Remember, the only one who can affect your relationship with God...is you. Forgive your pastor and pray for him. He has to deal with his sins, not you.

You are not the first, nor the last to fall away. Embrace and enjoy a renewed relationship.

you are in shep and my prays.  i pray for your family every night. 

if you guys every need anyone to talk to we are both there for you.

TY!

Of course, I cannot allow Mrs.Duke and you to ever talk again. It's taken me a week to get rid of all those bad habits you gave her during FF.

Is it true Clueless was dancing on the tables?

TY!

Of course, I cannot allow Mrs.Duke and you to ever talk again.  It's taken me a week to get rid of all those bad habits you gave her during FF. 

Is it true Clueless was dancing on the tables?

well I can see that someone is still just a little bit sour. That is okay with me because I know that your just joking.

Im not that sure.

We are all going to have to get together one day.

well I can see that someone is still just a little bit sour.  That is okay with me because I know that your just joking.

Im not that sure.

We are all going to have to get together one day.

Anytime you guys are ready, we're ready. You girls have to sit in opposite corners of the room, though. :D

I'm gonna mess w/ preacher's config and piggyback max framerate 1 to his left button and maxframerate 100 to his right button.  He'll be lucky to hit anything.

Preach I should be on tonight after I listen to Slim Whitman's greatest hits and I watch the best of H.R. Puff'n'Stuff.

Finally an excuse that makes sense, lying about sun glare at 2am just wasn't flying thanks Duke lol

G@!den just a quicky here: When Rev Jimmy Swaggart fell away and got caught with the prostitute in the 80's he had the largest church in the U.S. Shortly after he had barely 100 people in a church that could fit over 7500. He screwed up and those who left the church found new homes at different and better churches, but those that left the faith had put thier hopes in a man rather than in God. See as a pastor I realize that some people look to me for salvation at times, but I am quick to say that if your faith is put in me I will eventually fail you but put your faith in the Heavenly Father and you will always be blessed in the end. Stay with that church if the pastor is out because healing is easier within a group. If that pastor is still there feel free to head down the street. It's America after all and the freedom of Religeon covers which church you choose to attend also. If you need help finding a church PM me and I'll help you out. If you live in the metro St. Louis area you can come attend my services. :D