I need your Prayers

Mr Duke,

I'm here... and still reading too. ;)

Emma is GREAT I'll try to hook up with you and send some small vid's to ya so you can see my family.

As for your girl, I'm still gonna get the hat but It's gonna a be an original. We're going to Disneyland in OCT so she'll have to wait a bit.

I was going to get her some on-line Dodgers hat and lakers then my wife said "kids don't like that!" I agreed :)

She said Disneyland!!!!! So we've got a trip planned and I'm gonna get one of those sticted hats. Does she already have an original? If so then I'll be dissapointed :) hahaha

reading lateley saddens me for your danni. I pray and hope she gets better soon and our hearts are with you.

God Bless Duke, and I'm glad I met you.

Talk to you soon,

Aug

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there Duke - hang in buddy. I'm still praying for you and D. I'm really pleased to hear about the playful orneriness! Isn't it amazing the things for which we are so thankful at times? (sometimes it's even the same things about which we tell our kids "now don't do that....." at a different time and place ;o) I'm glad she is feeling some better.

Continuing to pray for her - just wish I lived closer so I could offer some kind of genuine first-hand help... of any kind... but I know you have several .GC friends in-area that are able to help. Glad for that. Still the most beneficial thing we can all do at anytime is pray and I will surely do that.

Give D. a kiss from all of us and tell her she's got a whole family of people out here who are praying she will be just a little bit more ornery tomorrow!

Thinking about you a lot guy....

Cranky B)

{just said another prayer for her (and you of course) ....}

TY Cranky and all who are throwing up the prayers. I know they're working.

I just met a 2 year old boy with a rare form of leukemia--only 14 people in the world have it. Needless to say he has a challenge ahead of him. It hurts to see such an innocent face and that he has no idea how grim his outlook is. I pray he doesn't have to suffer much.

Pray for him. All who read this, pray. Right now.

TY.

Duke

It was nice to see you playing last night, Duke. You shot me down from Long A and I said, HEY! That was the Dukester!

Rub her head and give it a kiss and tell her it's from the fat, bald one.

My first thought is Auggy.  I seem to be where he was months ago with a little one who won't eat or drink.

Cold killer (my brother), is still at that stage now, and hes 14.

Sorry, I'm a bit late replying :bang:

I think about you a lot duke (dont get the wrong impressions fella's). Your an inspiration, and I have total and utter respect for people like yourself. When I have kids, I think I'll aim to be a bit like you, only that I'll kill that pigeon much faster than you could dream of :D

Hope lifes good at the moment, and instead of giving her a hug, go get a wrestling match going with her. Only, you have to have your hands tied behind your back :lol2:

Hang in there,

from the founder of E-hats (now a multimillion dollar business),

BiGBonES

Cold killer (my brother), is still at that stage now, and hes 14.

Sorry, I'm a bit late replying :bang:

I think about you a lot duke (dont get the wrong impressions fella's). Your an inspiration, and I have total and utter respect for people like yourself. When I have kids, I think I'll aim to be a bit like you, only that I'll kill that pigeon much faster than you could dream of  :D

Hope lifes good at the moment, and instead of giving her a hug, go get a wrestling match going with her. Only, you have to have your hands tied behind your back  :lol2:

Hang in there,

from the founder of E-hats (now a multimillion dollar business),

BiGBonES

Thank You BB! I know all the prayers are getting us through this.

Update:

She got a reduced dose of chemo last Monday and then we left for vacation on Tuesday.

We went to Sesame Place near Philly, PA. It's a fun place for kids and I highly recommend it to anyone who has kids under 12.

She got sick in the beginning but we got through it. We all had a good time.

She went fishing with Grandpa and Mommy for the very first time yesterday. From what I hear she had a blast right up to the point of seeing the fish...then she freaked.

Thursday is her last day of the rough stuff. They'll check her spine for cancer and then hammer her with more chemo. After that, life gets a little easier.

I don't know why but I'm terrified they'll find something. Please pray they don't.

Thank you to all who keep us going. I know we couldn't get through this without you.

Go hug your kids.

Duke

Duke, if you get a chance, let us know how it went today? I am praying really hard right now.

Well I goofed on the dates. Kel rearranged the schedule to fit in a vacation so she won't go in for it all until the 23rd...I think.

More waiting...

She's really doing well--mouth sores are healing, very little nausea. I could get used to this!

TY g00t.

Have things stabilized enough for a FF trip? Love to see you and Mrs g00t there!

At the end of every tunnel, no matter how big or how small, there is light. Keep walking, and you'll be there soon :halo:

I have to admit, Danielle is one incredibly tough girl, a girl I would not like to mess with :=

She's had to fight off more illnesses than me, and many others in this topic put together! Her strength seems incredible, almost unreal.

So, lets have a group hug, to congratulate Danielle with her chemo so far, and to show signs of respect for every other person in the world who's life has been deeply effected by cancer. :hug::hug::hug:

Duke i dont think i have met you in there yet. some of the other guys have seen me around here and there, but i just spent like an hour at least reading all of this. i gotta admit, its hard to hear about everything, like you said..."what a rollercoaster" but hang in there and keep your faith in what you believe and know that everyone is here reading, responding, praying, all doing there own thing to support you and let you know that we are here. i dont know you but we are all brothers in christ. i will deffinately pray for her and your family. if its ok i would like to share this with the ppl in my small group at church so that they can pray for all of you too. good luck with everything and know that God is there when ever you need him!!

Thank you for your efforts in helping my little one. Tell your church I thank them for their prayers.

You and the rest of this community are making a difference in our lives.

God Bless You, Kilz and God Bless this fine community!

No updates--her chemo is tomorrow.

Duke

Thank you for your efforts in helping my little one.  Tell your church I thank them for their prayers.

You and the rest of this community are making a difference in our lives.

God Bless You, Kilz and God Bless this fine community! 

No updates--her chemo is tomorrow.

Duke

they are more then happy to pray for you guys, its the least we could do. i hope that everything went ok with her chemo. plz keep us updated. thank you.

Update:

Danielle got her last round of spinal taps last week. Her meds are more home based than hospital based so that means less driving to the hospital, more responsibility to make sure medicines are taken. I've been a working fool so Keli shoulders that responsibility, again. I feel guilty about it but I've learned that my responsibilities are to keep the income and benefits stable.

Danielle's had bone pain, nausea and vomiting the last few days. I hear the horror stories of relapses and they all start off this way... it scares me to death. The doctors don't seem too concerned about it yet so I guess we'll just worry and wait. The worrying never stops I guess.

She enjoys being outside playing in the sprinkler and likes to shop. 3 years old and I have a shop-a-holic on my hands. She got a $50 gift certificate to Target and she went on a spree. Then she got one to the Disney store and went on another spree. I think we opened Pandora's box.

I'm tired, I'm angry...and I'm thankful. I can deal with being tired and angry if the Lord lets me keep my little one. There is nothing better than gazing into her eyes and seeing her smile.

That's it.

It's hot--go take your kids out for ice cream and let 'em get messy.