Nintendo DS

YoMamma

Ya so I played that Metroid demo on it last night and Im not a big fan of the control. Yea I know ive had this DS for 3 days and JUST played it. I mean the touch screen to look around is a neat idea, but its kinda hard to aim i think. Plus I beat Metroid Prime and I LOVED the control for that game with the Cube's trigger button to aim and all. I hope Mario DS doesnt use the touch screen for control. Im thinkin about buying that game, even though I have it for N64.

Edited by YoMamma

Man that mario and metroid are both multiplayer on the internet too... But i didnt know you had to use the stylis to play metroid... Im gonna look into that and see if there are different control options.. I hope they make a phantasy star online for the DS...

Ya so I played that Metroid demo on it last night and Im not a big fan of the control. Yea I know ive had this DS for 3 days and JUST played it. I mean the touch screen to look around is a neat idea, but its kinda hard to aim i think. Plus I beat Metroid Prime and I LOVED the control for that game with the Cube's trigger button to aim and all. I hope Mario DS doesnt use the touch screen for control.  Im thinkin about buying that game, even though I have it for N64.

I've heard if you use the thumb strap for Metroid Prime Hunters or whatever its called the controls are much better though still slightly awkward. I won't be getting the one for DS I will get Metroid Prime 2 but it is on hold since I have HL2 and WoW to play.

You tap on the touch screen to shoot.

Hmm, not too shabby. It's new, I'll give it that. Sounds like it might almost be a good compromise between keyboard/mouse and console controller. Another way to get RSI, I guess. I'd love to hear what everyone thinks about it when it gets released. Mamma doesn't seem to like it so far, but there'll certainy be a break-in time for something like that. *shrug* the whole thing seems wierd to me, but maybe that's the point. Kinda like avoiding ctrl+alt+del for so long, then getting Win2k and using it to log on (yeah, right, was I born yesterday?)

Isn't Sony coming out with a portable?

You tap on the touch screen to shoot.

Nope. The right shoulder button shoots. If you tap the touch screen, you jump. The reason Im not so hot with these controls is because Im so used to the GameCube Prime contols. Im sure other games will feel more comfortable to me.

Edited by YoMamma

so uh yeah how did you get one for free?  :D

I work at a video store and Nintendo keeps sending us Demos, etc thinking we sell games. I talked to them personally telling them we dont. My boss tells me to throw away everything we get from them, but what a waste that is, so I just keep it.

Edited by YoMamma

I just got one for my son for xmas, played with it though.. Its pretty cool, using the stylus to aim is alot like using a mouse which is very cool.. BUT i always invert my mouse and you cant invert it on Metroid's demo.. :(

It connects to the wireless router thats cool, i cant wait till they come out with some awsome multiplayer games for the net.. Its as powerful as a N64 so i would crap my pants if they come out with Golden Eye or Perfect Dark for it... Oh man or Phantasy Star Online would be sweet!!

• 1 month later...

My son got one from Santa, its very cool.. He also got Mario64 with it, the mini-games are unbelievable cool with the touch pad..

But playing the demo that comes with it, there is a wrist strap that comes with the DS and on that strap is a little thing that goes on your thumb in case you dont like using the stylus. The thumb thing rocks with the first person shooter it comes with.. Its almost like playing with a mouse and keyboard..

You people need to get more into the gaming world. The oprice is pretty good on the DS. It costes as much as an Xbox. The Xbox came out about 3-4 years ago though. And the DS will be better than the PSP. It whas way better battery life. When playing movies, the PSP batteries only last for 2 1/2 hours. Still going to get one, but not for a while asfter it's release. Already have a DS too. Thing is sweet, as I figured. As for calling it a portable N'64, that's practically what it is. Just as good graphics, but with other features besides gameplay. Anyways, be a console gamer and a computer gamer, like me. I already have 19 gaming consoles, and growing. :)