Are there cheats for source?

Fatty

Just your typical speedhacks and wall hacks are all that i've seen. There are cheats like god mode and stuff, but you have to have cheats enabled on server for them to work. I know there are also aimbots out there too.

oh yeah, cheaters STINK!!

Cheating in Multiplayer & Singleplayer is a wasted experience, in my opinion.. really detracts from the game overall, especially multiplayer.

The good thing is its really easy to see if people are cheating, Speedhacking especially, i've had firsthand experience already with seeing people zipping around at about x4 speed, the funny part was the guy kept getting shot. its gotta make you feel bad to be cheating and doing worse then 60% of the server.

Just to add a quick note, waiting for vac2 shouldn't be a big deal, there are quite a few server anticheat programs out there, one of them that i see talked about most is Punkbuster, they are supposed to work better than vac from what people say.

I am unsure about availability in source though.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
Just to add a quick note, waiting for vac2 shouldn't be a big deal, there are quite a few server anticheat programs out there, one of them that i see talked about most is Punkbuster, they are supposed to work better than vac from what people say.

I am unsure about availability in source though.

Doesn't punkbuster do some weird things to your HD if it finds cheats? Can't remember fully, thought I Read something weird about it a while back though.

There's definetly wallhacks and speedhacks, but I haven't seen an aimbot yet..

Hopefully Valve actually updates Vac2, unlike Vac :|.

there are two reasons to cheat

1) competition, people will do anything to win (compare them with baseball and steriods)

2) to ruin your game, these people have been offended or are mad at CS for some reason so they decide to go and try and ruin everybodys game, then laugh at them

there are some links on steam forums that show off the available hacks.

the screenshots and options available are just disgusting...

email me if you can't find the linkage on steampowered.com.

The best thing that punkbuster ever had going for them, was the screen capture feature, which was cut and dry as to whether people were cheating or not. The screen shot shows exactly what they are seeing on their screen.

I guess I wouldn't call it an anti-cheat but rather a cheat detection, but it was by far the best feature out there, and I would love to see it in gaming again.