Advanced CS Controls

gOOters

I know that I prolly need to switch to the wads setup for keyboard, but I still use the arrows, because I can't stand sucking for a week to adjust.

Maybe we could use this topic to field some questions for those wiser than us.

How do you "fast-switch" AWP/pistol???

I just fire, switch to pistol, switch back.

What are the gods (like aAa) using as their controls, esp on the mouse???

I have roll down pistol, depress wheel lastuse, and roll up nextweapon...so I fire, rolldown, depress to get my AWP back. I have gotten pretty fast with this, but dont know if I am even doing it right.

Sometimes when I pull a pistol or switch to rifle I get the weapon without racking the slide. It just pops up nice and quiet like, and fast too...I LOVE THAT! But usually I pull the pistol or switch to fifle and rack the slide (I'm not talking about reloading).

Is there a way to get this immediate gratification????

Is THAT Fast switch????

Thx whomsoever knows these answers and enlightens me.

:ph34r:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming you've already got hud_fastswitch set to "1" in config.

"q" is default bound to "lastinv" which gives you fast access b/w pistol and awp/scout with fastswitch. Pressing 2 for pistol then 1 for awp, then q from there on out to switch. A convenient reason to go to the WADS setup.

Still urks me about that AWP/pistol switch. I'd call that fastswitch an exploit, just doesn't seem intended. But, that's a different topic.

goot do hud_fastswitch "1" in config. Its crucial...... As soon as you press the number it will pop up with your gun instead of having to left click.

Heres how i switch fast awp/pistol. I have my mouse wheel down set to last weapon. So as soon as i shoot I press it twice and it brings it up pretty quick. only catch is, you gotta bring your pistol out at least once before you try it. Or you can just hit the numbers on the keyboard really quick with that hud_fastswitch "1" on.

Still urks me about that AWP/pistol switch. I'd call that fastswitch an exploit, just doesn't seem intended. But, that's a different topic.

yes this is bull feces....complete and unrestricted like.

aAa hax.....just like the rest...but you can see from the vid that they definitly hax as a team all coordinated just to buy themselves enuff time for their hax to kill the other haxerz.

i would you how too...but thats just wrong

ill play my game you play yours.

OK, m0m has had his post now. Thats your limit for this topic, okay Yer?

Anyway...yes iI have fastswitch enabled, but there is a specific technique to fastswitching the AWP and its not just double clicking the lastuse button. I dont think that is the "real" fastswitch. Anyway both my questions remain unanswered :P

The "lastinv" is the way to go back and forth without cheating.

I too agree that the fast/switch is a crock. Why? Ok, I'll hand you a big ole rifle, then you shoot once, toss that over your shoulder, pull out your big fat deagle up to head level, just to re-holster it and yank that freakin cannon back around and snap a shot off.

It doesn't look realistic and it's nowhere near realistic. Can we enforce it? Dunno, perhaps in the league but not during public play. All your "good" awpers use this TRICK.

It's not how the game was meant to be played or how it was supposed to act. You can dress this pig up all you want but in the end, it's still a pig and it stinks.

PS. Even people on Mmmm use this, so I'm not out on some crusade here, but this is not just an opinion...it's too simple.

The sad point is that it's gotton to the point where if you don't use this, you can't compete against the other awpers out there that do if you're in a face off...so it seems everyone that wants to master that gun has simply gone this route.

The sad point is that it's gotton to the point where if you don't use this, you can't compete against the other awpers out there that do if you're in a face off...

So quit bustin my hump :P

Look, there are allot of aspects to this game that aren't realistic. I really don't think that this hacks people off because it isn't realistic? For example, do you think that someone with 1hp (has been shot a couple times and hatched a nade) should be able to run around, jump, and aim witih the rest of his buddies?

The fact is that fastswitch is a part of the game as it exists now, and many of the "good" AWP'ers use this technique. I only AWP about half the time because I get bored and like to rush...but I do play other places besides this community on occasion, this is my CS home though. I have gotten AWP'ed in the face too many times to not be interested in increasing my effectiveness, so I came to you guys.

So what is the deal on whether the weapon selected gets "racked" or not?

Look, there are allot of aspects to this game that aren't realistic.
yes but this awp exploit is complete bullpoop

should be able to run around, jump, and aim witih the rest of his buddies?

beta 1.5 thru 3.1 had this (and throwing knives ;-p)

now quit trying to justify your attempt to exploit in our minds and just go get the script.

I have gotten AWP'ed in the face

havent we all...

I use "last used weapon" key.but you have to switch back and forth once to set it up.Then when clip is spent in m4 or ak ,hit last used weapon(which is your pistol) and take em down.Thats why u see players switch back and forth from pistol to rifle alot. =P

Ohh yea i use arrow keys :P

Well, since we started talking about it........

No other weapon in the game gets as much advantage from the fastswitch as the AWP. Realism isn't really the issue. It is a game without a lot of real aspects to it. Unloading a colt then switching to pistol is unrealistic as fast as it happens. But neither gun is better b/c of it.

The point, I think, is that the AWP's power is meant to be tempered by a slower shooting speed. That seems to be what was intended. This is completely short circuited with the fastswitch. Some guys are shooting them almost as fast as deagles. And when it's one-shot one-kill a lot of the time, that's just, as m0m says, bullpoop.

Just b/c it can be done with a script doesn't necessarily make it legit - and if this "script" is only utilizing some form of the lastinv command, then maybe the game is flawed a bit. I dunno.....just know it doesn't seem very balanced the way some play the AWP.

Wow, I really didn't know this was such a hot topic!

Well, I really don't think that I am going to get my questions answered here, but maybe we can have a nice little debate?

Look, please don't think that I am trying to exploit the game or anything, and if all there is to fast switching is yanking your pistol then switching back to AWP...well that is terribly simple to do. I don't need to write a config Hack or anything to do that, its just 2 little buttons. I have been doing this for a long time and there are a couple reasons to do it.

Alot of people don't realise how tricky it can be to use the AWP well. I was HORRIBLE with it for about the first year I played. I didn't even try to learn it, because I was so bad with it. Besides I love rushing and fighting up close. BUT, AWP has a lot of aspects to it's use besides just good aim...

you need composure, and more than with any other weapon, you need to have a "sense" of where other people are. The key to killing with Ap is more knowing where people will be and the real "angles" of the map than it is about skill with aiming.

I would say that a player who is great with Colt and AK, could easily be great with AP as long as he/she is composed and knows the angles of the map.

Furthermore, there ARE ways to thwart AWP. For one...smokes and flashes. Like I said earlier, with the AWP it's all about angles. Most people who understand AWP (even if they aren't proficient with it) will know where an AWP'er is likely to be standing, just don't stick your neck out there! Either find another angle or use smokes/flashes. Furthermore, if AWP miss the first shot, there is a good chance he will get rushed and drilled with a machinegun, that is why AWP'ers pull their Deagles immediately.

Honestly, even though I am relatively NuB, knowing a little bit about how to use the AWP goes a loooong way in fighting an AWP'er. Really, if oyu guys want to learn alot about AWP, go dl some MCC matches with m0ss vs. any other good AWP'er. Thats how I learned half the angles in Aztec.

Okay, not onto the fast-switch. If it's only switching to pistol, then back. That is not an exploit, its TOO EASY. No more wrong than quick-silencer, or quick-reload for the machine guns. It is just a part of the game as of now, and prolly should get removed in next release...but as long as it is being done, why not do it to stay competetive. The only place that the fast switch will make a big differece is between two AWP's, and chances are they are both doing it. For AWP vs. Rifle, the AP is either going to pwn or miss, fast switch shouldnt make much difference. Furthermore, and this is key...

Fast switch only shaves about 1/5th sec on shooting rate with AWP. By no means does it turn AWP into a Deagle ;)

So, while some people hate all AWP'ers it is often because that is a weapon that they do not understand and haven't learned to use yet. But that should only make them respect a good AWP'er more.

Disclaimer: Any time I mention a good AP'er, I am NOT referring to myself!

o0o

The AWP has completely dominated CS since the jumping changed. I would agree though that it takes a certain skill and is a world unto itself. But look at all the really good players. I mean the ones that own in major competitions. Probably 90% of them are AWP'ers.

I thought I was going to like the change in jumping but I thinks its just elevated the AWP in the game to almost a redicuous position. But Im not going on a crusade or anything. I enjoy trying my hand at it once in awhile but would consider the fastswitch thing borderline... and thats mainly cause I never learned to do it =P.

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

the real fastswitch isn't even in the game anymore.

you can just make a script that will execute the lastinv twice when the button is pressed once..........

I consider that hax...it takes no skill to make a script and push 1 button to do something that others have spent days..weeks..months.. trying to master.

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests
I too agree that the fast/switch is a crock. Why? Ok, I'll hand you a big ole rifle, then you shoot once, toss that over your shoulder, pull out your big fat deagle up to head level, just to re-holster it and yank that freakin cannon back around and snap a shot off.

It doesn't look realistic and it's nowhere near realistic.

cs wasn't meant to be 100% realisitic...it was spozed to be a mix between arcade and realism...

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests
How do you "fast-switch" AWP/pistol???

I just fire, switch to pistol, switch back.

here's what I do...and I've been doing it ever since I started AWP'n...

First of all, I use hud_fastswitch 0.

Fire the awp and while you still have mouse1 pressed down from firing the AWP push 2 on ur keyboard and it'll bring out ur pistol. push 1 again or last used and voila.

I don't know why that'd be hax...or why people don't want to learn to do that...

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests
No more wrong than quick-silencer,

lol what's quick silencer? if you're talking about hitting mouse2 then swithing to knife and switching back to ur pistol and the silencer is on there automatically...that doesn't work. The silencer may be on there, but you won't be able to fire the gun until a certain amount of time. It actually takes longer then just normally putting it on there and watching the animation.

Im not the best AWPer I consider myself ok. But I also you the "lastinv" (Q on my computer) it works much easier for me. Then I just switch back with my mouse wheel if there isnt any one around. Dunno why its a habit of mine.

^This made no sence didnt it? <_<

What Cane said is right. How to do it, and whether or not hud_fastswitch 1/0 works.

They took the "real" hud_fastswitch" out in 1.4/1.5. It _does_ take longer now.

Smacking your weapon inv keys is faster than hitting lastinv. It's also more reliable. (Pulling your knife or grenade out in a desperate "I NEED MY PISTOLA NOW" scenario is never a good thing).

If you use arrows (freaks, the lot of you), add binds for your weapon inv keys to keys closer at hand (ie: insert, home, delete, end, pgup, pgdwn). The idea is you don't want to have to look down at your keyboard for anything non-crucial.

I dont even have a lastinv key. Since I usually run with my knife in non-dangerous areas, if it does become dangerous, i dont wanna whip out my knife to finish off a guy (unless he's 2 inches away from me and trying to run away). I've also noticed the speed difference between slot keys and lastinv switch.