Auto Sniper

I would vote to remove this overpowered piece of weaponry off all maps from both teams. One one-shot awp is enough for me, let alone having a 30-round automatic AWP-level powered cannon. I won't touch the scout, but I personally feel it is overpowered too. Having one 1-shot kill weapon is enough for 1 game, maybe even 5 games.

In a game where 4-5 non-lethal shots kill from most guns, having 3 guns on either side that will put someone down in 1 shot to the chest is a bit ridiculous. If we were playing Rainbow Six, I could see where this would be balanced. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :wavey:

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

I agree fully on both actually.. I've been using the scout a bit more lately to prove a point that it's far more "cheap" than the AWP. The 1 shot kills with anything above the guys nipple with the scout is rediculous, giving the time it takes to rebolt/how fast you move with it in comparison to the AWP. AWP should be one hit kill, scout 2, and auto-sniper 3.. but that's more a beef with Valve :|. That's talking chest shots, of course.

Ok here ya go:

Restrictglock 0

RestrictUsp 0

RestrictP228 0

RestrictDeagle 0

RestrictElite 0

RestrictM3 0

Restrictxm1014 0

Restrictmac10 0

Restrictmp5navy 0

Restrictump45 0

Restrictp90 0

Restricttmp 0

Restrictgalil 0

Restrictak47 0

Restrictsg552 1

Restrictg3sg1 1

Restrictawp 1

Restrictfamis 0

Restrictaug 1

Restrictsg550 1

Restrictnightvision 0

Restricthegrenade 0

Restrictsmoke 0

Restrictflash 0

Restrictdefuser 0

Restrictvest 0

Restrictvesthelm 0

Restrictscout 1

Restrictm4a1 0

RestrictPrimAmmo 0

RestrictSecAmmo 0

Restrictm249 0

Restrictfiveseven 0

AllowUniNames 1

ObeyImmunity 1

SpawnKillSeconds 8

KicksForAutoBan 3

AutoBanTime 1440

UseEscMenus 0

AutoRestart 12

ReservedSlot 1

VoteMapPercent 0.35

AllowPercentName 1

AllowExecClient 1

EnableRanks 1

EnableKeepInMem 1

GetTkKick 3

MinutesInMem 35

ShowChatCommands 1

CalculateRanksEachRound 1

RankingsTotal 2000

VoteFrequency 600

AllowVoting 2

ShowVotes 1

Autobuying 1

SwearKick 4

AfkRoundKick 2

AutoVoteMapTime 2

mp_friendlyfire 1

Now get in here and help me see if it works!

aug and t equivalent don't really bother me personally. They have modest firepower and no real scope on them. Just the overpowered 3 on each side. But I can live with no scopes all together. :boing: This just may be my new favorite server!

I'd be interested in only allowing the scout (of the scoped weapons). I think it'd be interesting to have your snipers limited to that gun.

I just wish valve would put back in the option to buy single clips of ammo. I hate buying a full load of pistol ammo when I just want an extra 12 shots!!!

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
I'd be interested in only allowing the scout (of the scoped weapons).  I think it'd be interesting to have your snipers limited to that gun. 

I just wish valve would put back in the option to buy single clips of ammo.  I hate buying a full load of pistol ammo when I just want an extra 12 shots!!!

Use "," and "."

I removed everything with a scope.....all of em...

now the two big guns on either side should be ak vs colt....aug and sgg are also gone...or is it sig? can't remember..the aug equiv on t side...i think sig

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Sig is correct, Fatty.

If T's can aim, they should dominate in pub atmosphere.

I havn't played a no scope server since i was a weee little boy, should be fun!

I still don't understand why the CTs have the SG552 but the Ts have the SG550. Seems like guns from the same manufacturers should be on the same side.

I agree fully on both actually.. I've been using the scout a bit more lately to prove a point that it's far more "cheap" than the AWP.  The 1 shot kills with anything above the guys nipple with the scout is rediculous, giving the time it takes to rebolt/how fast you move with it in comparison to the AWP.  AWP should be one hit kill, scout 2, and auto-sniper 3.. but that's more a beef with Valve :|.  That's talking chest shots, of course.

Do you aim for the nipples with teh scout?? I wanna play so bad :( No time for me :( :(

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
Do you aim for the nipples with teh scout??  I wanna play so bad :(  No time for me :( :(

Aim just below the head.. there's a new monstrous hitbox there that I *Think* is supposed to be the neck.. if you hit above the nipples in the middle of the model its a 1 hit kill.. stupid.

The monstrous hit box is called "Spine4" I guess its supposed to be the top of the spinal cord where it reaches the head?

It does look a tad over sized...

neckhitbox2ra.th.jpg

Just for refrence, heres the "Neck" hitbox

neckhitbox26bg.th.jpg

Edited by VooDooPC

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

That first hitbox explains so much.

Thanks for the picture.

Die valve.

I havn't played a no scope server since i was a weee little boy, should be fun!

I still don't understand why the CTs have the SG552 but the Ts have the SG550. Seems like guns from the same manufacturers should be on the same side.

the AUG is made by styer and the sg552 is made by sig 2 completely different guns. the sg550 is not in this game. it's a longer barreled older brother to the sg552. the sg552 was made for close quaters urban combat.

the AUG is made by styer and the sg552 is made by sig  2 completely different guns. the sg550 is not in this game. it's a longer barreled older brother to the sg552. the sg552 was made for close quaters urban combat.

I wasn't talking about the AUG. But i did make one mistake. I called the 552 the 550 and the 550 the 552. The 552 is the terrorist rifle with a scope and the 550 is the CT autosniper. So yes, the 550 IS in the game.