Adding in the sg552 to the T's side?

So i finally tried the server, and i generically like it, but i found one big personal problem, and thats that i have an extremely difficult time playing a Terrorist on this server..

The biggest reason is that i feel semi-forced into using the AK.. now - before i go any further, this isn't a whining post or anything of that nature, think of it more as a suggestion thread :) But still, the Terrorists only really get 2 choices when picking a Rifle, and I, for one.. am absolutely horrible with the AK.. I dont know why.. But i am just not accurate enough with that weapon to be feasibly decent with it. Im Worse with the Defender... And any Non-Rifle weapon i choose i pretty much die every encounter i have with an M4 user. I started using the p228 (the pistol) and had more luck with it thene the AK :\ I was upset at this.

My suggestion, because of this, is to impliment the SG552 into the Terrorist selection of weapons, its not really a 'camp' type of weapon (in my humble opinion).. it does have a small 'zoom' feature, but I dont think that really qualifies it as a scoped weapon.. but again, thats just my opinion.. So yea, i talked with a few .gc members while i was playing and they (much to my suprise) seemed to support the idea. I dont expect anything to happen, just some open debate on the subject.

What do you guys think?

Personally, i don't have a problem with that gun, its not really a scope, and its hardly ever even a 2 shot kill, but if that one comes in then the bullpup has to come in to. I really want to see it fair, so if a zoom comes in for one, it should come in for both.

And your right, its really not a camping gun, actually it comes in handy like on Aztec playing CT, when they rush the doubledoors and head to the bombsite and your still over by the bridge, even seeing them is hard, let alone getting a good aim with an M4. I just really don't want to see the scout, autosniper, or AWP in there.

I'm seeing proof that good teams can prevail without scopes, on a totally level field, on any map. Last night on Aztec we got SPANKED hard by the T's which we outnumbered 10 - 8. I'm really enjoying the theme there, and were starting to get regulars, big fun. I dont think that allowing these 2 guns in will alter the atmosphere much at all, but lets see what the fat man says.

Try this combo in the buy zone:

b-3-3-,-,-,-,

That will get you the nice, reliable UMP :) Learn on that and the AK will be a breeze.

The sig and pup are still scoped IMO. Closer view and more accurate. Tendency to camp, though not as much as the "true" scopes.

Games have been great in there btw. Lotta fun.

My advice would be to get comfortable sniping with the Galil. It doesn't quite feel the same as an M4, but it's every bit as good at long-shot kills. If you've got a fairly low sensitivity, and a steady aim, it, the M4 or the FAMAS can make people angry at you. ...I'd even take the Glock over the AK, because of its accuracy. Oh, and in CS: S, dualies rock.

Edited by Norguard

Yeah, i have to agree, the CSS dualies are ALOT better then their 1.6 counter-parts. In 1.6 the dualies didn't shoot in the center, they shot a little to the left and a little to the right for each gun. But in CSS they both hit in the center and are pretty powerful and fast.

UMP is probably the least used weapon in the game right now. People would rather use a TMP. Some people are fond of this weapon, but i'm not a big fan of it. I like the AK, i'm not sure if the UMP is similiar, if it is, i might have to go back out and try it. P90 on the other hand, now thats a submachinegun i can use.

Might be becuase it was made to be sprayed with...

The Mac-10 is good for close range maps, like office. It hurts but is SO unaccurate :)

On the subject of SG553 and the AUG. I think(i don't know how many people will agree) But the AUG is a much better rifle.

(edited)
AK is deadly accurate if you know how to use it :).

I wish someone would explain this to me, I cannot make that gun accurate. Ever. I've tried 'squeezing a few rounds off' i've tried crouching.. but either way my performance with the gun is horrible, Once in awhile ill get lucky and clip someone and take'm down..

But when I get the drop on someone, or i have my crosshair *right* on them, i never seem to hit.. basically, the AK works for me when i dont care.. but when i need it, it never ever works.

And yes, i would love pure pistols :P

Edited by k-wix

I use the tested and true method of knowing my first shot will land in the center of the cross hair, and after that, just praying.*

*Note: This isn't a typo, i do mean praying and not spraying. But they might be interchangeable here.

Edited by VooDooPC

Try this combo in the buy zone:

b-3-3-,-,-,-,

That will get you the nice, reliable UMP :)  Learn on that and the AK will be a breeze.

The sig and pup are still scoped IMO.  Closer view and more accurate.  Tendency to camp, though not as much as the "true" scopes.

Games have been great in there btw.  Lotta fun.

I by far would use the UMP over the ak47, or the defender. the ump constantly amazes me by beating down m4's and ballpup's. It fires horribly slowly, but the shots are deadly painful, and often horribly accurate, even while spraying. Often 2-3 shots bring soemone down, (save kevlar...) or you just end up with headshots.

edit ( i beleive it's called de_piranesi, unless thats the one with teh castle, then i have no idea.)

Edited by Dark_Cripple

I by far would use the UMP over the ak47, or the defender. the ump constantly amazes me by beating down m4's and ballpup's. It fires horribly slowly, but the shots are deadly painful, and often horribly accurate, even while spraying.  Often 2-3 shots bring soemone down, (save kevlar...) or you just end up with headshots.

The UMP is a .44 or .45 caliber gun. Reason I say it's good practice for the AK is that you CAN put up to 7-8 UMP shots into someone and not kill them (those would be the 7 or 8 you'd miss with the AK). But once you learn where to hit with it, it can be deadly, and it's cheap.

The UMP is a .44 or .45 caliber gun.  Reason I say it's good practice for the AK is that you CAN put up to 7-8 UMP shots into someone and not kill them (those would be the 7 or 8 you'd miss with the AK).  But once you learn where to hit with it, it can be deadly, and it's cheap.

the first time i used it was on pira...something or other (can never remember the name.) in anycase, the t's usually have the b bomb site camped as you come out of a little door way, i was first out, and using the YMP i dropped about 4 guys, 3 shots each or so, i fell in love with it. Sadly, i can't get these bursts of skill latley.

and k-wix, stick to your clarion, your godly with that weapon.

I wish someone would explain this to me, I cannot make that gun accurate. Ever. I've tried 'squeezing a few rounds off' i've tried crouching.. but either way my performance with the gun is horrible, Once in awhile ill get lucky and clip someone and take'm down..

But when I get the drop on someone, or i have my crosshair *right* on them, i never seem to hit.. basically, the AK works for me when i dont care.. but when i need it, it never ever works.

And yes, i would love pure pistols :P

Try burst firing the gun. Like setting off 2-4 rounds or so. Learn to control the recoil and then do another burst. Try not to use up the whole clip in one shot :)

Also don't try firing while moving. For best accuracy you should be stationary for a second or two before firing.

And set cl_dynamic_crosshair to 1. This makes your crosshair adjust to reflect your approximate accuracy. When it expands you'll be less accurate and so on.

first off i like the new server!!! and fatty i agree with you about t he ak and galiel the .308 cal is way to hard to control and very inaccurate for me too! the aug and sg552 i don't really like the zoom on it, i mean i use it but only cuz i'm use to the scout and it's a force of habbit trying to scope in,but the rate of fire is slower and i personally think that more bullets hit faster and more accuratly unscoped!!!

just my 2 cents :D

• 4 weeks later...

Just got to really thinking about the pistols & nades comment.

I envision lemming style rushes across the aztec bridge!

BANZAII!!!!!!!!!

Of course, that's the first thing that happens in round 1 anyway and no one is psyched about that, so I guess it's back to allowing the semi-scopes.

I think it draws from the uniqueness of the server and I think it might lopside the game too quick (after round 1).

Besides, maybe we need to expand our skills in more guns (sigh...like I wasn't bad enough with everything else).

As much as it pains me to state it, my 2 cents is to leave as is and train more on the guns you don't like.

I recently learnt how to use the Sg552, using shodans advice to fire it like a scout, i quickly discovered, it's pretty much an auto scout. it zooms much less for sure, but the gun is horribly deadly for headshots, even 2 shot kills to the lower legs.

Personally, i don't think it should be in Scopeless :P