more prayers needed, urgent!

(edited)

I just got a phone call that a friend of mine just got into a wreck and it could be fatal. He is my age (23), newly married (about 6 months)....just keep him and his family in your prayers. I have no idea what happened to the other car or the people inside so pray for that too.

*edit*

his name is Ryan Hill btw

Edited by Playaa/Pselus

*update*

apparently he was in an accident at Dunn Rd and 270.

here

The drivers on 270 were supposed to yield but didn't and so they hit Ryans car very hard. There were 2 people in the other car, 1 died and the other is in intensive care. See where Dunn Rd and 270 meet.

Anyway, Ryan has been through heart surgery already and that went wonderfully (according to the doctors). He is in surgery now again for his liver. It has cuts on it and may have to be removed. I don't know what else he has to go through but hopefully I can keep anyone who is reading this updated.

update again:

he had a hole punctured in his heart and cuts on his liver. The heart was fixed in surgery and the liver has been patched up, they're going to see later if it needs to be removed.

don't forget to keep the family of the other cars occupants in your prayers. 1 of those people died in the crash and the other one is unknown how bad he is.

an update from his brother-in-law:

It's been a long day. A lot of emotions. I actually can't type this without crying. As some of you know Ryan is not only my brother-in-law but also one of my best friends. He was hit by a couple who decided to pass at a stupid time and then hit him head on. The main eyewitness said she could see Ryan's face right before it happened and he went completely white. The cars kind of flew up and then burst apart. The lady in the other car died and the man was released earlier today. Ryan had the 'perfect' heart puncture and it was fixed easily. They pumped out all the blood and that went well. They then opened his belly and began to stuff it with gauz to absorb all the blood from the liver. It seems to have stopped it for now. Tomorrow they will determine what surgery will be needed. Maybe up to 40% of his liver will be removed. They will then check for other injuries once that is done and stabilized. He also has a huge gash right above his nose. It's pretty gross. But other than that he seems to be doing well. We had an incredible amount of people come by which boosted moral tremendously. We also talked to Ryan hoping that he would hear us and keep fighting for life. Keep praying for him. I love him very much. Thank you all. KEEP MY SISTER JESCA IN YOUR PRAYERS ALONG WITH RYAN.

update:

Ryan will have surgery today at 4pm. I'm not sure if it's for the liver or kidneys or what else.

Anyway, also keep his wife in your prayers. They're young newlyweds and I'm sure she doesn't quite know what to do with herself in this situation.

more update:

Surgery didn't go as well as planned. He started bleeding too much and they had to stop. Good news is that they got most of the gauz out and replaced some of it with absorbably gauz. Another two good things are: 1. His kidneys are working better  2. Most of his liver is alive which means they may not have to remove as much....Another surgery will probably be performed on Monday. He is still and will be unconscious for some time.

Definatly keep the family in your prayers...they had a talk with the doctor the other day and he basically told them that when he goes in to try to fix the liver, it's possible Ryan could bleed to death right there...in fact that's why he STOPPED working on the liver the other day, because Ryan WAS bleeding to death.

So yeah...keep them in your prayers today especially because he has another surgery scheduled.

latest update:

Good news, guys!  Daniel just called, and he said Ryan's surgery went really well today.  The only problem now is that Ryan's liver may be infected, but I believe, judging from Dan's tone, that the infection isn't too severe.  Dan would have posted himself, but he said he has a busy schedule today.  So hopefully he'll post later with more specifics.  But, overall, things are looking very positive.

That's awesome!! I'm REALLY happy for everyone!!!!

Good and gracious news always gives ya the warm and fuzzies!!

Nothing like good news to roll into the weekend--I'm still praying for everyone and I'm optimistic that this will turn out for the good.