What Anti-virus SW do you use?

Acid-Flux

Just wondering what everyone uses for AV protection? I use to use Norton untill it started to take over my computer, switched a few times in the past months due to formats and now im with F-Prot..

Just wonderig what you use and how you like it..

I like Norton, but haven't seen any of the recent engines (since 2k3) so if they're getting possessive I wouldn't know. I also used to like Mcaffee, but Norton was far cheaper for me so I haven't even looked at it in several years. I run F-Secure now...I don't like it very much, but it's free to me as a University student and I've gotten increasingly cheap. Now I take other security measures and couple it with F-Secure and I've been fine, even though I don't like it much. I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone who has to pay for it.

I use AVG, it is good. I also use Spybot S&D, and Adaware to run as needed.

I also use Mozilla Firefox to browse with, so I rarely need any of it, lol.

Any time i have ever used Norton products, i've always had weird lock up and freezing problems, and just random goofy errors, got rid of Norton and all my problems went away.

I use norton, i like it I also use Ad-Aware, i like it better than Spy Bot.

Gonna try out Microsoft's new spy ware program they say it's pretty good. You have to have a registered version of windows xp in order to use it though. ;):o:P

I use AVG, it is good. I also use Spybot S&D, and Adaware to run as needed.

I also use Mozilla Firefox to browse with, so I rarely need any of it, lol.

Any time i have ever used Norton products, i've always had weird lock up and freezing problems, and just random goofy errors, got rid of Norton and all my problems went away.

Clueless, don't take this wrong cuz I am no IE fanboy, but with the increased popularity of Firefox, you will have to start being more cautious (meaning, don't just figure that since you have Firefox, you are safe).

Case in point:

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1621463,00.asp

I use McAfee Virus Scan 7 along with Ad-Aware, SB: S&D, and Spyblaster (Sets up protection for IE and Mozilla from spyware, It blocks a lot of crap. And the good thing is, it doesn't run in the background. It's like the immunization tool from Spybot, but much much better.)

Haven't had any problems with spyware or viruses.