CS League

akaM2

Would you want to participate in a CS league of some sort?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I decided to put this out here to see if there is anyone that would want to participate in a CS League of some sort.

It would be like Mcc

http://www.mmmmcs.com/mcc6/

****THIS IS JUST TO SEE IF THE INTEREST IS OUT THERE*****

I null voted cuz my gaming computer has been out of commission for several months but I do feel that a GC presense in a league would only be a good thing.

Guest zanapi
Guest zanapi
Guest zanapi
Guests

i would!! since cal is lazy and isnt putting a league togather fast enough

I know a few clans on [DOH] server who may be interested. They aren't the best skill wise yet, or clan wise, but they got quite a few members in each and pub quite a bit. I'll let them know about your idea M2

Normal if you want a clan me and you could hook up and get something organised, get a few more people involved to etc then enter this league

yeah I guess I don't know what that entails. I have a son and both myself and my fiance' work so play time is primarily restricted to certain times of the day. I suppose it'd be cool to see what its all about though <shrug>

A league is tough to run.

What I'd like to do is find a commissioner of sorts who could organize weekly tournaments that people can sign up for....which continually mixes up the teams, etc, like the Open-Sight Slaughter that's happening his Wednesday.

More info here.

Creating a league is easy. Maintaining it is the tough part. If you do end up doing this, making it short and sweet for the first round.

date and time!

lets just get a few guys together for a pickup game.

my aim is severus42

Just get 5 guys, go to #findscrim on IRC and go play a scrim.

We have guys that do this every day and never show up in our public server. Half our admins and a good group of our regulars are doing this daily. It's very simple and easy to do.

Now getting your own community to do it, well...g'luck. It aint as easy as one might imagine.

Just get 5 guys, go to #findscrim on IRC and go play a scrim.

We have guys that do this every day and never show up in our public server.  Half our admins and a good group of our regulars are doing this daily.  It's very simple and easy to do.

Now getting your own community to do it, well...g'luck.  It aint as easy as one might imagine.

A.K.A. a PUG

A league is tough to run.

What I'd like to do is find a commissioner of sorts who could organize weekly tournaments that people can sign up for....which continually mixes up the teams, etc, like the Open-Sight Slaughter that's happening his Wednesday.

More info here.

Creating  a league is easy.  Maintaining it is the tough part.  If you do end up doing this, making it short and sweet for the first round.

Im willing to organise this league if you give me the go ahead!

I've just started recruiting for my WoA clan, and iv spoked to other small clans in the server like -[rB]-, G1, Mmmm and their members said that they'de be interested in some friendly clan battles.

Im happy to arrange matches, log the scores and publish the results, however, would it be possible to use one of the servers for the matches?

If anyone thinks this is a good idea then say so below and ill get some things organised with the help of gc members

Also if anyone needs a clan and is looking to take part in friendly clan matches visit WoA website: www.geocities.com/woacss and sign guest book with details

In addition to what I just said i was wondering how do you get your clan to appear in the clan rankings? Enough of WoAs members appear in the normal rankings yet not in the clan rankings. Is the clan tag '[WoA]Followed by name' not being detected by the pyscostat software or do I need to register the clan with a gc member?????

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

please help

BigBones

see the problem with the later mcc teams were that most of them didnt show up, teams i never heard of started joining up like BurgerKing (if anyone remembers). judging from the posts up there, thats probably what would happen. If i were to join a league, i would only if the old solid clans came back like Mmmm, DLM, MwR, DOH, LC, CsLs, etc.

You have a fair point, but still why discuss this topic and say what the outcomes will be when we can just do a small tester and view what will happen. I know that G1 wanted to do a little friendly 5v5 battle as long as it was well organised, and thats precisely what im trying to do, organise things....