SmackDown 1 Demos for Movie Making!

Fatty

I'd love to see some movies made! I know that DirtyBird has claimed some experience in publishing movies, so he's going to give this a whirl.

I'd like to hear from others that are going to attempt a project.

At any rate, here are the demos. You'll find:

-some Circle of Death (the knifing round to determine the side played first)

-a set of demos concentrating on the terrorist team

-a set of demos concentrating onthe ct team

-a set of demos filmed by a "floater"

ALL SMACKDOWN 1 DEMOS - ~37 MB rar file

Kudos again to our camera guys: Acid, k-wix, and CharlieWoo.

Post up if you're going to put something together. Anything would be great, short, long, intense, classic...whatever! Even some short trailers would be fun to have.

(edited)

I have very little in the way of movie making experience - but i do compose music, and seeing as how i did a lot of the filmography of the tussle itself, i decided to take some time and Throw something together.

And i mean that in the loosest sense of the term >.> Nothing really professional here, but its all good fun.

I might cover the rest of the actual event, but i did the knife fight. We *SO* need to do this in the server some time, i was laughing so hard.

If comments are positive, i will do another :) And to any who enjoy the music, thank you, i did it :)

The URL is as follows (and if anyone can mirror - it might be nice, as my server is tiny and cries when a lot of people DL at once.

GC MIRROR - DOWNLOAD HERE

For those who havent seen the opening 'circle of death' knife fight, its pretty cool :)

EDIT: urK?!?: I uploaded the movie to the GC webserver. Please use our mirror so that we don't kill kwix's bandwidth. Nice work k-wix!

Edity: Fatty: Went ahead and removed his link....so as to ensure above.

Edited by Fatty

LMAO Kwix. Nice work. Awesome awesome stuff. Wondering though. I realize re-rendering is a total PITA, but can you turn the music down a bit? I remember some CHOICE comments from people during the knife fight which I can barely make out now. It's no biggie, lots of fun. And nice work

Btw, the music is hawt stuff ;p

LMAO Kwix. Nice work. Awesome awesome stuff. Wondering though. I realize re-rendering is a total PITA, but can you turn the music down a bit? I remember some CHOICE comments from people during the knife fight which I can barely make out now. It's no biggie, lots of fun. And nice work

Btw, the music is hawt stuff ;p

I was thinking the exact opposite, cut the sound from CS and only have the music.

Very nice K-Wix.

What did you record the video with? Fraps?

*I* used fraps while watching the recordings to produce the little video clip.

But the clips themselves were recorded using CS:S's own built-in record feature.

To play them you must place the .dem files into your own cstrike directory and go ingame (bring up the console) and load each demo file seperately with the playdemo command. If anyone needs further explanation on how to play the .dem files ill be happy to explain.

Now you guys are making me want to get back into the CS movie making bus. Hey K-Wix what prog's did you use to make that vid, if I may ask?

Back in the day I used SKPlayer to get the stream of images from the demos and then turned that into video with video mach II. I'm thinking about refreshing my skills here for this one.

Maybe we should have a contest. Bragging rights or something for the best vid?

I just used FRAPS to capture the demofile. Now im prob going to use adobe premiere to do some editiding..

Incase you were wondering..

OH, PS. I just re-captured 2 of the 3 knife fight demos in fullscree w/ sound, and the 2 are little over 11.5 gig..

hehehe

GC Founder

using demoui 1

and

cl_demovieoverride 1

You can do slow mo and free look! (free look is buggy, drags you around, gotta keep issuing the command)

But slo motion is fun!

(good finds urk ty)

GC Founder
Maybe we should have a contest.  Bragging rights or something for the best vid?

I was thinking something along the same lines. A good bit of the action could be caught several ways if one were patient enough to use all the angles and do some echos/replays....or even trudge through the forced freelook method above.