CS Getting a little borin?

Just talked to the bastard who is fat and I think it is a good idea to share custom maps within the servers of this community. This meaning that if a custom map goes on one server's rotation, it should be placed in all other servers rotation.

This will increase the chances that custom maps will get playtime. Sometimes, I feel we have more servers than this community needs. But since we are such a large community, the goal of this change would be to get some good 8on8's on some decent custom maps.

This far, de_skud_2k1 and de_clan1_mill seem to be the "approved" list of custom maps. I will add it to foxtrot once a centralized location for the map download is available. For now, mill is on foxtrot.

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

down with custom maps! :angry:

honestly, the only custom maps i like are awp_map and cs_reflex and maybe some aim_map...

but oh well, guess that's just me.

I used to like them... but not anymore! weird eh. :blink:

down with custom maps! :angry:

honestly, the only custom maps i like are awp_map and cs_reflex and maybe some aim_map...

but oh well, guess that's just me.

I used to like them... but not anymore! weird eh. :blink:

I dont know who you are anymore :(:angry:

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests
Cane, you shouldn't dis your man so quickly. <_<

sorry for letting you know how I feel about custom maps DJ... next time I'll just tell you what I know you want to hear. :huh:

This is exactly why we are where we are around here. I didn't mean that you couldn't disagree, but it's just sad to see someone so involved, especially from the same team as DJ, naysaying so darn fast.

Again, don't feel so opressed, my point is that it seems that more of our conversations need to be constructive, not reactive. If you disagree with 3rd party maps, say why and what it does to the game, and why you like the same standard maps so much more, etc.

thats the idea cane....and i have been thinking this already, when i put votes up for maps, all i see is dust or some nonsense. i literally will stop playing if dust comes on...most overplayed map ever. i have been playing newer maps as of late and it has totally brought back the fun new and exciting aspect to the game. and when its with people u know and enjoy, then hell, it makes for one good time dont you think!? good idea dj.

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests
I dont know who you are anymore  :(  :angry:

Cane, I still wvu u! :wub:

Guest Boy Sherman
Guest Boy Sherman
Guest Boy Sherman
Guests

Guys, Custom maps should be played all the time.. cuz in real life you think your gonna know your envoirment by heart? like oh.. crate over there, and the bomb should be there... no way man! see thats why i love custom maps! they so good! you dont know where you are.. and its such a surprise.. I PROMOTE CUSTOMS (if its not a huge download for even a cable modem) AND THINK THEY ARE AMAZIN MAPS! DOWN WITH REGS! DOWN WITH REGS! :ph34r::D^_^:ph34r:8P)^_^^_^

Tough part is that we're still dealing with a server that is not completely ours...we are still guests on the cage.

Yes, I'd like to see museum back.

I'd LOVE to play volare.

Bank? Of course!

But again, we are just thankful to have a home.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

I like custom maps as long as there is a purpose, or an objective. while many like fy_iceworld, it is terrible. No purpose at all, even on my good system i get terrible fps. There is NO team work at all. It is just a DM map which is NOT what cs is all about. Sorry to sound frustrated but those maps frustrate me a lot. It's all for stat whores which I am not. I do not mind dying 50 times if it helps my team complete the objective.

Some DM maps are ok in their individuality. for example. Deagle5 is quite neat. Fy_party is a neat map and team work can still be used, even if it is a DM map. There isn't any of that on iceworldx.xkx

Custom maps also need to be checked out for balance. While Rats is a potentially cool donkey map, it is very flawed. The CT spawn is horrendous. In order for the CT to get down, they have to leave the freezer, hope no one is blocking the door or the way out in time to rush outside, hope not to be awped and climb up that dish cloth and down the stairs. The T can do all of this without having to show their faces. Other than this minor flaw, the map is fun and unique. It also helps if the custom maps are not too large and can be d/l in a short amount of time. Maybe posted in the forums a few days in advance for d/l. Not all of us have broadband.

Other than that, it is fun. Skud was a custom map that was played on the all custom map server, Athlanta Maps server some time ago. Along with Egypt and some old school maps like cs_Prodigy but with Hosties and very dark (night vision anyone). Those maps are fun. (Any of you old schoolers remember cs_docks and cs_station? how about cs_facility or cs_iraq? ) I would like to see some old school maps make a return.

Lets try es_jail or es_frantic. how about some more vip maps. as_oilrig and as_riverside and as_tundra. we need to play these maps more. More team work which is what CS Is all about. Be some good scrimage and "lock down" maps. =)