Mayhem Mapcycle Discussion

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Piranesi, this map was fun for both sides imho.. it's a flanking map. First team to get behind the other team will be able to pull off a win. And as a CT it's quite easy to pull that off if the T's are rushing to a bomb site in a big mass. PLUS the Ct's can take the Roof before the T's.. I mean COME ON. I can not except that this is a T sided map, because it isn't. I enjoyed it while it was in rotation and I would like to see it back.

Chateau, this is another great flanking map and from what I have played of it, I have strategies for both sides that can help pull off a win. I would like to see this map on the rotation.. people just need to think more when playing these kinda maps (no offence to the non-thinking) this is not like your numb brained de_dust.

Ahhh de_dust.. please get rid of this map. I don't care if it's a 'classic', in this modern age it's a steaming pile of broccoli. A lot of good players tend to play more CT on this map (because they want to keep their nice record) and I think people dread playing T, at least I do when I'm with an incoherent group of T. Plus there is very little thinking on de_dust.. and I hate that. I like to think when I play CS. RUSH A. ug.

aztec, I've warmed up to this map. It can be a good time.

tides, what's everyone's beef with tides? Sure it's small, but it's a great CQB (close quarter battle) map and without autosniper there is little to worry about Rushing A through that long stretch on the left. Just smoke the exit before you rush the bomb site... ofcourse there might still be problems with this map on scopeless, could someone give me any info on how this map plays without scopes? besides that I would like to see it played on the server in order to further my map design understanding.(so I can make quality maps in the future)

prodigy, please do not ever put this map on rotation again. I have learned my lesson, but thank you for atleast letting me try it out on a scopeless server.

Havana... mmm, I just love CQB. I would like to see this map on rotation. Why isn't it? I can't remember if it's one sided or not. Is it because the doors change? What, you guys can't handle a change in terrain? That's like a trademark of any combat situation: The terrain sometimes does things that are unexpected. Can we atleast try it a few times? This would be a good map for team play.. for example: people would have to report to their team which sides of the map can't be accessed. You guys love team play!!! (so do I :-D ) pretty please with sugar and cherrys and chocolate syrup on top... put this map on rotation, do it for the kids.

thanks for reading this long post. here is a cookie :thumbsup:

Thanks for the post.

Piranesi : Every single time I played that map, it was a T sided slaughter, sure, with some strategy it may be better, but this is a public server, and your not gonna get that, what I think makes it a T sided map is that CT's have to have strategy and planning and a good team to win, T's just have to have some decent shooters and call a bombsite, so in a pub situation, it's tough for CT's. I heard more complaints about that map being in the rotation than any other since compound, so it went bye bye.

Chateau : I always liked the map, but it never did well in the rotation for some reason, I think CT's get discouraged because the B site is very hard to defend and they get beat up then leave. Nice map, just doesnt keep the traffic going.

de_dust : Well, if we can find a good enough replacement for it, I will do what I can to replace it. I suck badly,so I enjoy building my self esteem on the CT side, right or wrong, I dont care, I get beat up too much to deny myself this small pleasure. But I get so tired of the whining and stacking on that map that I will do away with it if I can.

Aztec : agreed

Tides : Steaming pile of dung that will never be in the rotation as long as I have anything to say about it.

Prodigy : Agreed

Havanna : Another map that I always enjoyed playing, but much like Chateau, it just doesnt keep the people in here, can't explain it.

Tonight is map night like every Sat. , so for guys like you and many others, I encourage you to be there to try new maps, because that is where a replacement for anything we now have will be discovered. Get in there, play the maps, and give some feedback :D

Dont you guys get tired of playing the same maps over and over? Why dont you give the new maps a chance? There is a learning curve before you can make a decision if you like it or not. It is impossible to make everyone happy.

I hear ya shep, we work really hard to run this server and try to mix it up and make it interesting, but the whining tonight was of colossial proportions, made me wanna just throw in the towel make it dust, aztec, office 24/7, and just stop playing.

So venice will be replaced by another new map that everyone liked when we played it, but we'll see how and if that changes in the server.

Shep and I have decided to put cs_xcom in place of venice, for those of you who werent there for map night, it's a very nice, very fun map, go to the Saturday Night Customs topic above and download the map pack from last saturday to save yourself some time.

I hear ya shep, we work really hard to run this server and try to mix it up and make it interesting, but the whining tonight was of colossial proportions, made me wanna just throw in the towel make it dust, aztec, office 24/7, and just stop playing.

So venice will be replaced by another new map that everyone liked when we played it, but we'll see how and if that changes in the server.

Shep and I have decided to put cs_xcom in place of venice, for those of you who werent there for map night, it's a very nice, very fun map, go to the Saturday Night Customs topic above and download the map pack from last saturday to save yourself some time.

Ok here's the deal. Venice is a fun little map and I'm not against playing it but it replaced Piranesi which I love. Can there be a custom map AND piranesi together?

Also, I think it's a good idea to put one custom map in the rotation for a week.

BUT, I predict that Xcom won't see a full server EVER. That map is just going to be a campathon like it was on Saturday.

GC Founder

I think Piranesi should be on Mayhem's cycle....mainly due to the fact that because Recrud is redirecting there, it can afford it.

Awww....you guys stop hurting Clueless' feelings right now!

Clue, boot the whiners. They choose to stay in the server. This can be the problem with actually giving many people a voice and actually considering opinions....they use it to whine. Boot them on the W....help solve their problem. Run a quality map cycle, with good maps.

Ok here's the deal. Venice is a fun little map and I'm not against playing it but it replaced Piranesi which I love.  Can there be a custom map AND piranesi together?

Also, I think it's a good idea to put one custom map in the rotation for a week.

BUT, I predict that Xcom won't see a full server EVER. That map is just going to be a campathon like it was on Saturday.

True, true, and true. What I'm seeing now, though, is venice dumping the server of about half the players. Happened just last night. Putting XCOM in its place would see much less player loss, I do believe. (for at least a week, I daresay.)

I like how this is working, quite honestly. Save for the removal of piranesi (which I still don't see as T-sided :yuck: , and I never witnessed a player dump to the extent of venice. nothing out of the ordinary anyways.) throwing in a custom map to see how it plays out for a week or so is fantabulous. If it doesn't work out, pop another one in. You'll know if it's not working, we'll come on here and bug the crap outta ya clue. (venice) :freak:

If you guys check out the map stats, it shows Piranesi :

Terrorists - 135 wins

Counter- Terrorists - 51 wins

Seems to favor the T's a wee little bit.

As for the custom maps, I dont wanna say that they are finished, but I definately need a break to recover from the mental beating i've recieved from alot of the guys. So for now, Piranesi will be back, and the customs are out.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

well im not a gc member quite yet, but if my opinion matters....i would say, lose dust, CTs are always stacked and deffinatley one sided, i agree with some train action, and maybe prodigy. I also like chateau, but i know not everyone cares for it. i could go either way on ignorance. but i would say dust and italy could go and i wouldnt lose any sleep over it at all. :peace:

• 2 weeks later...