Where did you get yours?

whudats

Yeah. It's gotten to the point where I'm starting to take offense to the people who bug Em, or other girls on the server. Not the "So are you really a girl?" players, because... ...well, yeah. I've known a lot of guys with the most feminine aliases possible. (BlackRose and Velvet Hand are two that immediately spring to mind, before you see them type, or hear them on the mic)

However, hearing "I want to..." or "I'll bet you..." from some immature, chauvanist jerks really makes me want to bind their mouse1 to 'kill'. Or bind it to instaban their SteamID... ...you know, one or the other. Had a handful at 2AM a few nights ago that Em was probably handling better than I.

...just "Grrr."

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boys will be boys, especially if nobody is there to stop em.

I used to love watching Contra work em over, though. Ahh well, let's not hijack this fun topic any further.

Nissan Altima~1997 Voiced Dirty Bird Pigeon - In the commercial, a flock of pigeons make a "bombing" run on a freshly washed Altima. The car is allegedly so maneuverable, that they are unable to hit the car before it gets home. The commercial ends with the lead pigeon's beak getting stuck in the garage door.

And no, I do not try to poop on cars...for the love of God, people!

Hahahaha, holy crap - after many hours of searching, I've found the commercial, check it out!

http://www.project2improv.com/birdpoop.mov (right click and save)

Edited by DirtyBird

My nicks....

Lazerus...long story...after author Lazerus Caine

Cornhawk

Korn ( got nick before the band)

I also use LazerusCorn for games where only one name can be used....NObody has that one :)

Been using primarily Lazerus since early Q3Arena days [FM]Lazerus

Woah....felt weird to type that tag lol

Mine is rather simple.

Though I don't idolize Bruce Willas, I do enjoy a good beer after a long work day. While watching Die Hard one day I must have been day deaming about a beer and I came across a good play on words. Thus:

Brew Swillas!!! :biggrin:

I still always wonder who actually catches that pun.

Mine is pretty simple also..

BushMaster is a mfg of quality Ar15's.. I own one in a M4 configuration. Took up the name when I was building it while playing rogue spear..

Back in the day when I was a youngin plying on the msn zone trying to play rainbow six online you had to create a user name, so i thought id pic PSYCHO. well it was taken so i chose PSYCHO_SiX. i played games for quite some years and people just kept calling me six so when i joined [GoD] my name just changed to SiX.

Zeabos is a demon from D&D. The most powerful of the Pit Lords :)

I used to call myself "Zebos" Back in the days of Starcraft on Bnet. But for some reason i forgot my password, so I changed it to Zeabos, which i actually like better. Since then EVERYTHING i use is Zeabos, Bnet, WoW, AIM, Hotmail etc. Its quality!

I guess i can tell you all how i got my name.. I was about 11 yrs old, and me and my parents were leaving a late showing of "Zorro". My parents were mugged in a dark alley, and i watched the mugger shoot both my mom and dad. After that terrible night i started traveling the world learing and honing my body to become a weapon against evil doers.. After a long night of badluck, i began to understand that criminals are a superstious and cowerdly lot. They needed something to be afraid of, at that same moment a giant bat came flying in through my window. I took that as a sign.. Wow, ive only told that story to a few people, feels good to get that out in the open.. hehe :)

Got my name from bullet-4o1 and Gunman. The three of us went to the same high school together. Every day for three weeks a kid named Rashad Ranzey would get called down to the main offics via intercom, however when they said his name it sounded like Rashad Ramsey which is my last name. So they started calling me Rashad. :blush:

Got my nick almost 16 years ago when I used to call the local BBS's, back in the days of 2400 baud modems. Started out as Doctor X, because someone was already using the nick I wanted, Thanatos. (Still chat and game with him online.) I wanted something unique, and dark, so I picked up a MisFiTs tape I had, saw the song title Wolfs Blood, made it one word, and that's who I became.

Occasionally gone by Samhain, or various mythological creatures/demons, but I'm known most places around the net as Wolfsblood.

Had to add the "1" to my name in CS:S because someone stole my nick. :glare: Oh well.

I'm big fan of the movie "The Cable Guy"! Jim Carrey's name in the movie is Chip Douglas. When they go to Medieval Times the king guy says "... and a Lord Chip Douglas make you way to the fighting pit." Chip then proceeds to put on his game face and starts in with the whole star trek thing. "The name is Spock, if we don't battle to the death, they willl killll us both." :biggrin:

Edited by Lord Chip Douglas

Guest mc_866
Guest mc_866
Guest mc_866
Guests
(edited)

mc - my nickname (my lastname is McCarthy)

866 - my scroll number from my fraternity

Edited by mc_866

I guess i can tell you all how i got my name.. I was about 11 yrs old, and me and my parents were leaving a late showing of "Zorro".  My parents were mugged in a dark alley, and i watched the mugger shoot both my mom and dad.  After that terrible night i started traveling the world learing and honing my body to become a weapon against evil doers..  After a long night of badluck, i began to understand that criminals are a superstious and cowerdly lot.  They needed something to be afraid of, at that same moment a giant bat came flying in through my window.  I took that as a sign..  Wow, ive only told that story to a few people, feels good to get that out in the open..  hehe :)

:lol:

this thread is cool, I've learned just how crazy most of you are. well, I'm equally crazy, so here's some random nick stories:

I started my internet days with the nick Chromax. I ripped that directly from an old school DOS game: Rise of the Robots 2. (the disc I still have in my closet, truly classic B) )

I think I wanted a less "dark" sounding name at one point in high school, so while searching for one, a friend of mine was telling me how all he ever did in programming class was play "java bomberman" instead of doing his coding. The sound of those two words just clicked, and it has stuck with me since then. I have yet to have to choose a different name when signing up anywhere with JavaBomberman as my login name :thumbsup:

(edited)
That and ST3, but that is my DJ name.

i used to just use my dj name djtool...what do you play?

oh and I just made up normal on the fly...i don't play exceptionally well or poorly...just normal.

I used to go by 'mr. poopy pants' because one day my fiance' brought our son up next to me and said 'get a load of this'. I turned my face into a full diaper. That particular diaper was <ahem> full of inspiration so I changed my name. That was considered inappropriate to my surprise so just changed it back to normal.

Edited by normal

My name around here came about sort of twice...

I used to spend a lot of time in the (strangely soap-operaeic) world of P2P software, in which there was a character named "random nut" (guy who did much of Kazaa Lite K++, among other works). I had to register for some other P2P-related site in which I needed a name that wasn't the usual one I'd used elsewhere, and thought "random n00b" was somewhat appropriate.

The second place my name came from would be from the first day I tried CS 1.6 (actually, one of the very few days ever). I was playing under the default name (whatever that may be) and I had no idea where to take the bomb, so I passed it to someone else. I was promptly called a "random n00b" and was kickbanned from the server. :biggrin: Struck me as either an unusual coincedence, or a sign from above. :P

I took the name to Return to Castle Wolfenstein (which was the best my ol' 400MHz CPU could play), and liked the confusion it created along the lines of "which noob?". I played UT2004 under this name a lot once I got my Athlon processor, and now as well in CS:S (though I played as "dontshoothenoob" until I could get a K:D of 1:2 somewhat reliably). The "00b" is gone in the game though, as Counter-Strike is much more player-oriented than RtCW or UT were, and I'd get called both "random" and "noob" in the game. Just a little simplification.

My other name was just something my friend punched in when we were playing 007 Tomorrow Never Dies on the N64. Found out later that it's a mathematical term. But you probably won't hear me use that name around here, even if it is what I've been using on most of the Internet.

...I need to go to sleep now. :wavey:

• 4 weeks later...

i was very young and needed a name for Quake 1 :) I couldn't think of anything, so my dad thought of trying to think of something with my name in it

thus antimatter spawned

I used to type it antiMATTer, but now i use ANTIMATTER

that came to be because in Quake3, you can you colors in your name. So I made my name purple and capitalized, so when I pulled down the console it would stand out for me to see my kills B)

Yeah.  It's gotten to the point where I'm starting to take offense to the people who bug Em, or other girls on the server.  Not the "So are you really a girl?" players, because...  ...well, yeah.  I've known a lot of guys with the most feminine aliases possible.  (BlackRose and Velvet Hand are two that immediately spring to mind, before you see them type, or hear them on the mic)

However, hearing "I want to..."  or  "I'll bet you..."  from some immature, chauvanist jerks really makes me want to bind their mouse1 to 'kill'.  Or bind it to instaban their SteamID...  ...you know, one or the other.  Had a handful at 2AM a few nights ago that Em was probably handling better than I. 

...just "Grrr."

look it it from my position :P

drives me nuts!