Re-finished hardwood floor in livingroom

Batman

(edited)

Ok on Easter Sunday we dropped our kids off at my in-laws for the WEEK!!! I took the week off of work!! (i feel like a school teacher) OK OK, so on Monday my wife looks twards the front door and our dog is taking a pee on the carpet!! Now we have lived in this house for 6 yrs, every spring when we open the windows we get a wet dog and pee smell when we open the window.. Our house has nothing but hardwood floors except in the livingroom, and my wife says "lets see whats under this carpet.". So i got my channel locks and picked a corner and pulled the carpet up, it was BEAUTIFUL!!! That first corner was the only good spot, there were very few pet stains on the carpet but they were all over the hardwood floor!!! And they smelled like pee!!! You could smell it when your standing up!! So me and the wife look at each other and I say "lets get new carpet" and she says "NO". I said "well what do you want to do with it?" and she says "Paint it."

Paint it!! Paint it!! what baby wants, baby gets...

Step 1. Let bleach sit on the pet stains for 20 mins.

Step 2. Sanded the 18'x13' room

Step 3. Primed the floor with Kills

Step 4. Put down 1st coat of white latex enamel (second coat later)

Step 5. Paint 3" brick red latex enamel around the border

Step 6. Paint 3" brick red border 2' in from the first border

Step 7. Paint brick red diamonds on floor

Step 8. Apply water based polyurathain (i used 3 coats)

Here is the end result, these pics are big but they are on my ftp so i dont care..

Floor pic 1

Floor pic 2

It looks and feels great..

Edited by Batman