Officer on Toilet Accidentally Fires Gun

Shazz

Officer on Toilet Accidentally Fires Gun

Fri Apr 22, 6:59 AM ET Strange News - AP

SAN ANTONIO - This is one story they'll be telling around the San Antonio Police Department for a long time. An off-duty officer was at a San Antonio auto auction house yesterday when nature called, a police spokesman said.

Officer Craig Clancy strolled to the appropriate facility and was lowering his trousers when his pistol fell from his waistband. When Clancy fumbled for the falling firearm, it went off, twice.

One of the bullets nicked a bit of floor tile into the leg of a man who was washing his hands nearby. That man was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.

Police internal affairs is investigating. :=:=

LINK

wow, what a dummy.

Ok, I have to play devil's advocate on this one. (BTW I didn't view the link, I'm basing this on what shazz said)

How is he a dummy?

His gun was falling and he tried to catch it. Which I believe anyone would try to do. And he just caught it the wrong way. :peace:

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
Ok, I have to play devil's advocate on this one. (BTW I didn't view the link, I'm basing this on what shazz said)

How is he a dummy?

His gun was falling and he tried to catch it. Which I believe anyone would try to do. And he just caught it the wrong way.  :peace:

Well I think the safety is supposed to be on and the gun is supposed to be snapped in so that it doesn't fall out. Looks like a double TKO on the officer there.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are some pistols that don't have the regular "click" safety on the side. It's part of the trigger mechanism.

You may be right. My father was a big gun buff and every gun he ever had or brought home to try out or anything always had some sort of safety on it.

The problem lies with the moron not securing it in a conceal holster but having it inside his waistband. I have carried guns and taught gun training for years and it's just an obvious fact that given enough time, an unsecured firearm is gonna end up on the ground. Most of the time this just means a nick out of the blueing but on a rare occasion it means a discharge. The officer knew better due to his training so he need a major butt reeming from his C.O.

Hopefully he has learned from his mistake and shown himself as an example of "what not to do" to his fellow officers.