Blowouts

lostoften

Was just playing on scopeless, dust2 and the t's were up 8-1. Was attemting to change the map to de_alivemetal which was the next map. I used this command

ma_map de_alivemetal

and got a message saying that it wasn't in the maplist or something of that nature.

Did I use the wrong command? And should I be changing the map, when one side is dominating?

Thanks,

Lost

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's a response with the ole "......"

And, as far as the "I edited my post but couldn't delete it so I put periods...." well, that might be...should have gave it more thought....too bad.

Posting privs disabled.

Baby sleeping through the night yet, Fatty? :)

Swift justice is the best kind of justice! Keep it up!

Here is an aside... Just last night I wanted to abuse admin privileges sooo bad. Even as I log on I thought to myself, I'm a bit cranky, going to have to watch it. Didn't watch it well enough. Bear^ pushed my buttons in a hard way.

On Piranesi I log on and we lose four straight rounds as CT. Teams are way out of whack with Ts having something like 8 to 6. And on piranesi its already balanced toward the T's. So I am dropping some subtle hints to the regs on T side that maybe we should even up the teams. That is when I was floored by Bear^'s resonse. "I'm not going to even the teams cause this map sucks and I want to get it over with".

That was like the "....." response to me. I responded in a less than 'rev' manner. Called him 'jerk'. When he call the map 'poop' I called him 'poop'. Lets just say I am ashamed of how I acted. I hounded him about it for awhile too. But that is the epitomy of selfishness to me. Instead of leaving he would rather ruin the gameplay so he can get off a map he doesn't like.

Let's just say I got in touch with my inner 'fatty'. ;)

Was just playing on scopeless, dust2 and the t's were up 8-1. Was attemting to change the map to de_alivemetal which was the next map. I used this command

ma_map de_alivemetal

and got a message saying that it wasn't in the maplist or something of that nature.

Did I use the wrong command? And should I be changing the map, when one side is dominating?

Thanks,

Lost

After 10 wins on a side, the map changes automatically.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Rev, please drop myself or Shodan a PM when a CsLs member acts in that manner. We will handle it swiftly.

As for someone acting that way and not balancing up the teams. It has been a serious problem on Midwest stock and it doesn't look to change. I can only name maybe 4 people out of all that willingly change teams to the losing team to fix them up.

You can do what I do when no one changes (exception of gc members and admins). I go to console, type "Admin" and then hit "1" then "3" then move people as needed. I only move dead people to balance them up. This in my experience has prevented much complaint about stacking.

As for the map changes Lost, use the rcon command. rcon changelevel de_alivemetal

I thought I read a post that said that if it was a blowout after 7 rounds, with no hope of coming back, it was ok to go ahead with a map change.

This is correct...admins should step in....say something to the effect of "aight, that's enough" and set the timelimit to 1.

It's a naughty thing for admins "not to notice" *cough*ignore*cough* this situation....but naughty, not enough for death penalty....we all get involved in different ways.

For me, heck I used to have my sig mention something about banning people for saying "..." to me. At the very least, I give em the size 10. There is not one other single "legal" thing to say in our servers beyond that that lights my fuse.

It's equiv. to "whatever" or "ya ok sure" sarcasm.

Maybe "..." should be in the filter list...not the first time I've mentioned this.

Don't worry about it, ZD. Bear is usually a great player to play with and I was more disappointed in how I reacted. I just felt that if I had to explain why that was so blatantly wrong then I would never be able to get it through to him. So I resorted to name calling.

Im over it :)

Sid
(edited)

Ever need teams balanced just let me know. I'm always willing to help out.

And yes lunk, even if it means moving to the hard side :P

Edited by Sid

GC Alumni
(edited)
Maybe "..." should be in the filter list...not the first time I've mentioned this.

i've appended a "no being lame" clause to the rules list out west, which i think goes without saying in mayhem/recrud, and embraces sarcasm, ..., and things that make me go "..." in my head.

if this is an opinion poll, i'd rather give them a quick ride on the size 10 1/2 train than have to explain "..." being filtered. it's a much more lengthy discussion than ma_kick. if this isn't an opinion poll, then i'll give myself a ride on the train.

Edited by stuttering.john

Rev, please drop myself or Shodan a PM when a CsLs member acts in that manner.  We will handle it swiftly.

May I make a suggestion Zero. Being, that you let your guys know to stop jumping all on the same team. I've seen this alot lately and things get lopsided pretty quick. I brought this up the other day to Shodan. Actually, I jumped him pretty hard about it.(Guess that's why he hasn't talked to me since).

Anyways, it's gettin' a little old being on a team with players of below average skill and getting thrashed by a team that has 4 csls members. And to have it happen a couple of maps in a row is just plain outta hand.

Switching people yourself is fine. As long as you switch a decent player. And not someone hugging the bottom of the list(as normally happens)

**Steps off Soap Box**

Sorry for the rant but I needed to get this out in the open.

May I make a suggestion Zero. Being, that you let your guys know to stop jumping all on the same team. I've seen this alot lately and things get lopsided pretty quick.  I brought this up the other day to Shodan. Actually, I jumped him pretty hard about it.(Guess that's why he hasn't talked to me since).

Anyways, it's gettin' a little old being on a team with players of below average skill and getting thrashed by a team that has 4 csls members. And to have it happen a couple of maps in a row is just plain outta hand.

Switching people yourself is fine. As long as you switch a decent player. And not someone hugging the bottom of the list(as normally happens)

**Steps off Soap Box**

ive seen it a few times myself, but that also doesnt mean im guilty of it myself. I usualy just auto when the map comes on and just stay there though.

May I make a suggestion Zero. Being, that you let your guys know to stop jumping all on the same team. I've seen this alot lately and things get lopsided pretty quick.  I brought this up the other day to Shodan. Actually, I jumped him pretty hard about it.(Guess that's why he hasn't talked to me since).

**Steps off Soap Box**

BUMP.

Would like to know if Zero has read this. If so please acknowledge.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
(edited)

This must be happening when I am not around. I've been playing primarily cs and most of the time, we are on different teams. I know I personally am on the losing team most of the time and switch accordingly. I myself have no fun being on the team that dominates and destroys the other team.

As for team stacking, I see it happening a lot by many different clans and people and it is a variety of clans and players. I do not see specific clans doing it more than others. I've seen some Mmmm on one team destroying the other team and I've seen some random server hoppers come in and do it. I have seen CsLs do it and I get on them about it, ask any CsLs. I will bring this up though to the members of csls and make sure there is a big effort to keep the teams even and I mean skill wise, not numbers wise.

Also, there is one thing I use quite often and it is something I've brought up before that other admins should know about. Go to console, type "admin" and hit enter. Then leave console and you will have an admin menu. Hit 1 then 3. This is where you can chose what member to move from his current team. I do this when requests for team stacking aren't working with rcon messages, etc. I move everyone, regardless of gc or not as those in gc should know better to begin with. Many gc do not even up the teams and I think one concern is a complaint of admin abuse if you move them. I think this may be something we as admins should get clarification on whether we should move other gc but not admins in this case. Many times, I have no desire to go to the next map 5 minutes after we started because there are team stackers. I would rather go to the losing team or get some high talented people on the CT side of Italy and get a come back and have a good time on the map. Maybe that is just me but I want to play the map out for as long as possible and that is what I try to do.

I do not want CsLs being singled out because we have more members than most other clans. Most of us play on Midwest Stock and it should be expected that at times, there will be more of us on one team than another.

By all means though get on a member if they are stacking. Ask them to move, if they refuse, move them manually and then let me know who it is so Shodan or myself can address it.

Drop me any feedback here if I am doing anything wrong or can do anything better. I just try to have a fun time on each map, even if it is cobble by keeping the skilled players balanced out between the maps.

Edited by zerodamage .gc

Thank you Zero.

The reason I brought it up is this. Last week when I was home playing during the day (and you weren't on) I noticed this happening with the CsLs guys. So, I figured I would mention it to you. :peace:

(edited)

Team Stacking happens with everyone and on most maps, I myself will always change and it is known in the csls clan to keep it even, just give em a hint from now on too.

The only thing I ask is that we dont get jumped on right away if there is like 3 of us on the same team and it hasnt shown to be a stack yet. I know we can usually tell before it happens though.

BTW Lunk are our avatars brothers? or long lost cousins?

Edited by M2.gc