starship troopers

huhuh?

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

Bah, it was all action and no substance.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

The movie is substandard. All effects, terrible acting. The story and hole premise that we are watching it via a futuristic news cast is horrible. Oh yeah, i watched it last night too.

Guest Talent
Guest Talent
Guest Talent
Guests

lol but a movie is for entertainment, and it entertained me when i first saw it (YEARS AGO!!!)

Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guest Orbital
Guests

I loved that movie. It was made to be corny and all horrible acting, it was made to be a "B-movie." It was making fun of all those army movies that the military showed us in the '50s to protect ourselves from nuclear strikes. You remeber the "drop and cover" technique, don't you? It was an amazing movie, and the graphics for it's time were... way past what was there.

I fully enjoyed it.

Fav scene:

When Rico throws the gernade into the Tanker bug. Heh, that ruled.

Guest Catalyst
Guest Catalyst
Guest Catalyst
Guests

My favorite scene was the co-ed shower :rolleyes:

This movie makes me VOMIT everytime i see it on TV it is by far the stupidest movie i have ever seen EVER. The only point it had was that Denise Richards was in it...and she wasnt even in the shower scene :angry:

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests
This movie makes me VOMIT everytime i see it on TV it is by far the stupidest movie i have ever seen EVER. The only point it had was that Denise Richards was in it...and she wasnt even in the shower scene  :angry:

Yes. Indeed. But her next movie more than made up for it.

Guest [DLM]->MP_Stinger
Guest [DLM]->MP_Stinger
Guest [DLM]->MP_Stinger
Guests

ahh denise richards is MAD HOT though, anyhting she is in couldnt be bad

First of all, Starship Troopers was made with low budget, therefore actors and actresses aren't all that popular, and they wanted to go by the book. The movie did a great job of that. Although for you people talking too much action, the book had way more action. I own the movie because when it came out, I was like 12 or 13...I was really into it. It was made years ago so you cannot blame and effects you see, cuz ppl have the intentions to compare to Star Wars 2 or someother really digitized movie.

World is not enough is the worst Bond film with Peirce Brosnan...Timothy Dalton stunk as Bond.

brosnan has his moments, hes a good funny guy and can act serious. and what are you talking about sexy, world is not enough is a good one! not as good as Die another Day (ohhhhh H.B. is smmmmokin'!) but it was good

Starship Troopers is a great movie. Dookie cracks me up. Never thought I could think of him in a role other than Dookie:) Best scenes were with Zed in bootcamp..."Anybody here think they got what it takes to knock me down?"..."Put your hand on that wall soldier!!!"..."Medic"

• 2 weeks later...

its a really good movie, and like some have said before it was made to be like the old army movies from the 40's and 50's, but did anyone else pick up on how the bugs didn't attack us first, we invaded their territory before they did anything, and isn't it odd how you have to be in the army to become a citizen, and how their uniforms looked like updated german uniforms from WWII, hehe come on people, they got us to cheer on the fasists! (yeah i spelled it wrong)