1337est cell phone

bear^

im lookin for a new cell phone, seein as my old one is made of wood

im thinkin ab00t the motorola razor one, it looks pretty fly

u guys have any others that u think are better?

plz share your 1337 knowledge!

:D

I HATE motorola, i have had 3 go bad on me, then upgraded to the V300, and went through 2 of those. They have a lot of problems with the way the charger plugs in, if you use it alot, it will most likely stop charging for you. The speakers are also poor, I had the first one with a weak speaker, and the second one got even worse, I had to use it with a headset to hear.

Nokia probably makes the best quality phones, but if your looking for 1337, they usually dont offer much, but they function and hold up better than most anything out there.

I have no experience with the Razer, but I do know that it cant possibly be worth what they charge for it.

my samsung is amazing

i have had it for almost a year and its worked perfectly....color video, pictures, everything but speaker phone :angry:

im to lazy though to look up the exact model :P

Weird...My family and I have had several Motorolas, all have performed very well...though I agree, Nokias have performed the best for us, though they aren't always 1337est.

On another note, the Razor is, what $200 I think I saw the other day now? I still think that's too much for phone 1337ness, personally...but it does look cool.

I have a Motorola V551... I covered it with rhinestones.. and it still works fine.

but I like the Razr a lot. I would've bought it if it weren't as expensive.

I used to have a Motorola V 90 or 60i. Can't remember which one, but they are both basically the same model, just ones a bit newer. I bought the phone when I was 16 and used it for almost 4 years with only one problem. The charger problem that Clueless mentioned is very real. I do not know if they have changed the design of the charger, but the contacts would not line up right on mine after about 3 years. So really not a huge issue, as most people now adays change cell phones like they change underwear it seems. If you plan on keeping the phone for a while, be gentle with the way you plug in the charger. I can snap a picture of the 4 year old phone, still working, and the charger for reference if you would like.

The case was actually metal, and not plastic which was important to me. I work in a warehouse so I am on or around forklifts and equipment quite a bit. My Moto survived countless beatings. :freak: I don't know how many times it would slip out of my hand or out of my pocket and slide quite a ways on a concrete floor after a 4-5 ft. drop never leaving more than a slight scuff. I dropped it on my driveway the first day I had it, which resulted in the only deep scratch on the casing. By deep scratch, I mean the only one that didn't just "buff out" with wiping from my t-shirt. The most impressive survival act of the phone was about 6 months or so ago. I was about 10-12 ft. up in the air on a lift when I dropped my phone from my hand (about 4 1/2 ft) to the lift platform, then bounced and fell the rest of the way to the concrete floor. The plastic snap-on clip flew off, but the phone was undamaged. 0o0 I'd like to see the majority of today's "disposable" plastic phones survive that undamaged. I am talking no scratches or scuffs.

I also had no problem getting service basically anywhere. Although that could have been because of the carrier most of the times. All in all , other than the charger issue, I would rate the Moto a 9/10

Sorry for the rants! I am dog/house sitting for my parents and I am bored..

Due to ATT and Cingular merging, I was forced to give in and get a new phone. I am now with Cingular... (ugh.. 10_2_10.gif )

My new phone is a Samsung X247M. It is a piece of garbage. It is plastic, which is ok I guess. It is small and light which are both good. But, the flip open hinge feels cheap and wobbles. I really don't see it lasting anywhere near 4 years. The battery is already starting to crap out. I have always let it run completely dead and then recharged it. After about 6 months of use, it is already starting to die after incredibly short amounts of time. The speaker has to be positioned just the right way against your ear, or you can't hear diddley squat. The microphone (receiver, whatever you want to call it) is the exact same way. The thing has no projection to the ring tones, and insufficient volume to hear it through a pocket or even a room away sometimes. No I am not deaf. The vibration setting is pretty useless. I can't feel it unless I am sitting down with the phone right against my leg. I always used the ring+vibrate function on my moto, where it rang and vibrated at the same time. With the Samsung, it rings 3 TIMES, and then vibrates for a split second. Pretty worthless setting. :dry: The buttons are also tiny and very hard to be sure that you successfully pressed one without looking at the screen. If you have fat fingers, you WILL press many buttons that you really didn't want to. Trust me!

I don't know how the higher priced Samsung phones are, but I would not buy another based on this phone. Just my $0.02 on the cell phone topic.