Ch Ch Ch Ch Changes

Bubblegum Bandit

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres 27 military ranks. If 18,000 posts was the maximum there would be one every 666 posts.

They look classy!

are23zh.gif

Private

I kind of messed it up in Photoshop :P

It was all i could think of that would match.   8P)

They DO look classy. Let's do it. They dont have to be evenly spread out either, closer at beginning. Will you organize them for me in order with names? (i.e. 1private.gif, etc...the number will make sure i get the order right)

In othe business, I've updated the smilies....removing some, adding some, and trying to have less on the default reply/start page. Use the SHOW ALL link to see the rest. :wiggle2::luxhello:

Hey! Neat new smilies! Meesa like. :prplwacko:

About the rankings -- I don't think they should be quite so even. As a newcoming poster, I really enjoyed having a new one every 50-100 posts. Every 600 or 700 seems way too daunting. Just my two coppers.

(edited)

Enlisted

Officers

This site has the badges and ranks of Army, Airforce, Marines and the Navy.

They are antialaised on a white background. So its basicly a matter of going around the edges and deleting the white. There might be fancy photoshop masters here that can do it quick but if there isn't i'm willing to do it.

Edited by VooDooPC

Ya, those would be neat. Any way we could give "decorations" for cool board/GC doings?

For example, FlitterKill has recruited quite a few GC folks (UT-side). Any way we could give him an extra "recruiter" decoration of some kind? Also, board members, coalition members and admins could all have different decorations too. Think that might be too much?

(edited)

I noticed a little problem with the badges i posted. They are GIFs and on GIFs white is transparent. So the metal badges have big transparencies in the middle.

eg:ar_cw1.gif

Should be easy to fix. :P

Edited by VooDooPC

Hey!  Neat new smilies!  Meesa like.  :prplwacko:

About the rankings -- I don't think they should be quite so even.  As a newcoming poster, I really enjoyed having a new one every 50-100 posts.  Every 600 or 700 seems way too daunting.  Just my two coppers.

I addressed that in the post just above yours... :shrug03:

Yes. If you want to see some of the ranks, go to the members section and list them in descending order by number of posts...

I have to plan for the future...we have a long while ahead of us, guys. Can't get through all the ranks at once.

I have to leave room for the future, right? I mean, I like looking forward to graduations too! The way it worked out so far, I just made the last enlisted rank.

By the time you get where I am, it's 5k posts between ranks...and will eventually be more.....we're talking about years here. GL.

Next, Voodoo...did you say these officer things need to be transparent in the center and not black? I can do that no problem, I'll post the first officer rank later....I stopped after I finally made it to mine.

(edited)

No, he's mentioning that some of the metallic .gifs as they are, if treated with the current transparency will have big grey holes in the middle on our forum background, thanks to the way they were originally made.

At least, that's what I get from it.

If that's the case, that just needs to have the outside recoloured to a lime green or a purple, and have that be the transparent 256th colour.

VooDoo, I'm getting that right, aren't I?

Edited by Norguard

Guest Deputy Dawg
Guest Deputy Dawg
Guest Deputy Dawg
Guests
(edited)

Great job on the forums BB. As for me the rank stucture is great but is there a way to customize it to a branch of servise you desire. As you know I joined the United States Marine Corp. The army ranks... well you understand.

<---- There we are, just need to clean it up later

<---- CIVILIAN?????????????? AHHH

As far as using the officer ranks. Those should be reserved either for MMMM members or forum moderators because they have more power and control.

P.S. I am back in the states now, in the next week I will be at my new duty station and hopefully all my belongings that were shipped from overseas are there and I will have my computer. If my roomate when I arrive has internet I should be playing again in less than a month. HOPE TO SEE YOU ONLINE!!!!

Edited by Deputy Dawg