Im done for now

Clueless

My game as been crashing since that last update from steam, and now its getting more frequent, I cant play for more than a few minutes, so until Valve fixes this, i'm done.

I will still be using HLSW to admin the server, but I wont be playing.

Just FYI

Clue.

Clueless, you might want to try some new memory. For the longest time, just about every new update that steam released I would have the same issue. I got to playing around and swapping out memory sticks. And running memory tests. And I finally got it straightened out.

Also, another thing you can try (I did this the same time I was swapping memory, so this may have fixed it also). There is a file called "clientregistry.blob" in your steam folder. I deleted it and restarted steam, so that it will create a new one. I've used this little trick several times for getting rid of little bugs or when things start acting strange.

Just trying to help get ya back in the game. :wiggle2:

GC Alumni

I havent tried Lunks suggestion yet, but I will tonight. The only crashes I have are in Steam, and the steam forums are full of guys with the same problems since the last update and they arent getting any answers out of valve.

I will try that tonight, thanks for the tip :D

Sorry to hear that you're down for now.

Gotta love how valve causes these problems from time to time. You'd think they'd test things better and respond to problems better. Although to play devils advocate, I'm sure they have no shortage of things to investigate.

You'd still think they'd fix something that's affecting lots of people though.

GC Alumni

:lol::lol::lol:

Actually, i dont think it has anything to do with the key itself, i tried some stuff yesterday and went in the server, not touching the tab key, and all was well until the end of the map when the score screen came up, just as it does when you hit tab, then I crashed.

It has something to do with that screen, and in trial and error, i have also found that a quick tap of the tab key is fine, its when you hold it down a few seconds that the crashes occur, like at the end of the round how that screen stays up for a longer time, so I dont know what our buddies at Valve did on that last update, but it seems its the same old story, fix 3 things, screw up 4.