Where HAVE you lived?

whudats

Now I'm back in my home town of Lake Odessa.  I have a 35 mile drive to work(Grand Rapids) but it's nice being close to the family again.

Lake Odessa - sounds like it could be a pretty area. Is that a pretty small town? Probably nice and quiet and good for outdoor activities.

Ok, whu...I think I've talked my wife into taking a day in Chicago while we are out that way for FF and visiting family.  I'm researching these architectural river boat tours and there are like 50 different companies that do these tours, is there one that is the best?

I can't remember which one we did, but I think I have the ticket at home (souvenir) and will check. I'll post when I find it (should be by tomorrow afternoon...).

I'm excited for you! Coolio man...

• 9 months later...

Born in San Diego, CA

Joined the military in 92 :

- Boot camp in Great Lakes, Illinois

- Service school in Dam Neck, Virginia

moved to Yokosuka, Japan. stayed there for 4 years

moved to Hawaii in 1997

lived in Hobart, Tasmania Australia for 5 months *training*

back to Hawaii till present

well, i spent about 9 months in the oven. after that...

- hudsonville/grand rapids, mi (hatched & raised)

- lake tahoe, ca

- walnut creek, ca

at least my network card has seen things from all over the world :(

There was a time in my life when I had no stationary home, per se, but instead the wind itself was my dwelling place. I was a travelling gypsy, going where my whims would direct me, until one day I met a girl. This girl was an upper class socialite. Women wanted her, men wanted to be her. She mistreated her butler. I was in love.

I knew a woman of that calibur would never settle for a monkey peddling gypsy, so I enrolled in college and, for a time, lived in a post office mail box where I subsisted on the candy that was deposited in the mail on Valentine's day. During Halloween, I would mug children. I would, of course, need to ration the portions gathered during these two holidays for the rest of the year.

After graduating college with a degree in Computer Science, I found a home and purchased a goldfish and a large lamp with a green shade. I visited the girl, for whom my passion still endured, but alas, I took too long to get through college. She was already married. Heartbroken and suffering from rampaging Type II diabetes from the candy I subsisted on throughout college, I began my hobby of gaming...

Now GC is my home.

It's so cold.

There was a time in my life when I had no stationary home, per se, but instead the wind itself was my dwelling place. I was a travelling gypsy, going where my whims would direct me, until one day I met a girl. This girl was an upper class socialite. Women wanted her, men wanted to be her. She mistreated her butler. I was in love.

I knew a woman of that calibur would never settle for a monkey peddling gypsy, so I enrolled in college and, for a time, lived in a post office mail box where I subsisted on the candy that was deposited in the mail on Valentine's day. During Halloween, I would mug children. I would, of course, need to ration the portions gathered during these two holidays for the rest of the year.

After graduating college with a degree in Computer Science, I found a home and purchased a goldfish and a large lamp with a green shade. I visited the girl, for whom my passion still endured, but alas, I took too long to get through college. She was already married. Heartbroken and suffering from rampaging Type II diabetes from the candy I subsisted on throughout college, I began my hobby of gaming...

Now GC is my home.

It's so cold.

haha, that is a pretty good story..

I myself always had a home, but it was a poor excuse for a home. There were no social problems or I never had to start a fire to keep warm, but lets just say we weren't well to do. I moved away to college in Radford, Virginia right after graduating high school. I lived off finacial aid and a little money from working at the grocery store. I had my own apartment and never came home during the summers. I decide to get a computer science degree to see that money that I have never seen before. 5 years later, here I am in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Oddly enough, after all that college and working for a year, seeing that money isn't all its cracked up to be. I believe I will save money for the next 4 years and by the time I am 27-28, I will be on a plane to the maldives or somewhere within the south pacific and you shall never hear of me again.

Born in San Diego, CA

Joined the military in 92 :

- Boot camp in Great Lakes, Illinois

- Service school in Dam Neck, Virginia

Dam Neck is an area within Virginia Beach :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Dude-
Guest Dude-
Guest Dude-
Guests
(edited)

I have lived... (all in California)

Point Richmond (kid)

Richmond (kid)

El Cerrito

Kensington

Berkeley

Oakland

Santa Cruz

Capitola

Santa Clara

San Jose

:luxhello::luxhello::luxhello:

No I dont enjoy moving. I grew up in Berkeley pretty much my whole life, as my parents were divorced. 2.5 years ago as a 20 year old, I moved to Santa Cruz to get out of Berkeley. Lived there for 2 years, however because people seem to generally suck in general when it comes to roommates and landlords, I had to move...4 times?

West Side Santa Cruz, Capitola, Seabright Santa Cruz, Glen Canyon Santa Cruz

Now currently residing in San Jose, CA with my girlfriend. My dad lives in Point Reyes, California and my mom lives in Sebastapol, California.

Edited by Dude-

Guest Dude-
Guest Dude-
Guest Dude-
Guests
Do you surf too, or mainly mountain bike? Just reading all the names of those towns makes me think of surfing...

Im known to break out the surfboard once in awhile, but due to a nasty shoulder injury I never had surgery for...its fairly easy for my shoulder to dislocate while swimming. Which is when I sort of need it the most. Biking, since its a pulling up motion, doesnt bother me.