Night Watchmen will be Needed

Fatty

I'm not paying for security. However, if you're like me, you're not going to be unplugging and hauling your computer out every time you leave.

In all the past FragFests, there have been people hanging out at any point in the gaming room. I'm going to need a schedule of people (fragfest veterans that I know personally preferred) to be in the room during the off hours.

At check-in, you'll sign in your equipment and label it, and we'll also record a description of what you're bringing into the ballroom. While we are in no way liable for any of your equipment in any way at all, we want to help keep things in order with a few checks and balances.

FragFest has always been like a family reunion. My biggest scare was last year when a first timer came and then couldn't find his Oakleys when he left. He was convinced someone snatched them. They turned up on a pile of cable, and I choose to believe they were there the whole time. I was relieved to be able to return them to him and restore our wonderful name.

I tend to trust. But there's going to be a lot of people I don't know, and a handful that aren't even part of our community.

I could probably lock the ballroom from say 4 am to 8 am or something...and will do so if I am not convinced we have someone able to watch through the night in shifts.

I'm not too good over night, but I am usually up very early in

the morning. I could relieve someone's "shift" if need be. This is my first

time going though....if it's a matter of trust I'll try & sleep in. No biggie.

A very good topic indeed and something I have also thought about. I also am a trusting person. I can only assume that all the people who are coming and have paid the fee for not only entry but also the room are of a mature nature.

I think the idea of trusting veterans is where it is at. If you trust them to watch the ballroom would you also trust them enough to lock it up when everyone is crashing? I dont see myself lasting past 4 or 5am at the latest....but I will give it everything I have! :D

I suppose I will volunteer my ever watchful eye and fists of fury for a night. With my job and whatnot I am accustomed to having to stay awake for 24-36 hours at a time.