GC VIP CLUB

Fatty

So let's discuss this....

A private server...no stats...no admin...running clean....12 players....intense teamwork, but with the GC you've come to know and love, so the ego isn't there.

Hone your skills, be able to laugh, and not worry about adminning.

Can we make it happen?

Do we allow only GC as it stands now with the password of "coalition" ?

Or do we present our community with this same option to encourage traffic?

Discuss.

WOOT!! WOOT!! WOOT! WOOT!!!! LOVE THE IDEA <runs over and gives Fatty a big wet one on his bald head, then gives him long noooogie.>

Man that would be uber awesome. You should have seen scopeless this weekend, almost all GC ripping it up and having a pure blast. Dont know how many times I saw pubbers spam the join button to try to get in on Sunday.

Man, a GC club server would roole!!! Club Headshot!!!

Never played on the private server. I think it would be a blast to

hook up with just the guy's I know & play! Especially on a smaller server.

6 vs 6 or 7 vs 7 would be awsome! And the regular GC guy's tend to switch

to even the teams up more readily, so the games would be more exciting. Also

there seems to be some spinoff from MCC VII. [XX] & [EH?] being the first

examples. I think this is a fantastic idea! :hug:

GC Founder

Perhaps we should start something as if we're "meeting at the court" or something. Perhaps at 10 PM, people start to wonder what GC mean by "heading to the club."

Dunno, perhaps 9 PM?

If we're gonna do this, we need to do it right. The server needs to be on the website, etc. We need to advertise it like it's part of us.

Keep talking.

Perhaps we should start something as if we're "meeting at the court" or something.  Perhaps at 10 PM, people start to wonder what GC mean by "heading to the club."

Dunno, perhaps 9 PM?

If we're gonna do this, we need to do it right.  The server needs to be on the website, etc.  We need to advertise it like it's part of us.

Keep talking.

I like the code word idea..

Do we already have this private server? If we do, I don't know the ip of it. Been busy lately.

I like the idea of keeping it strictly for GC folks. From the looks of things our public servers seem to be doing fine.

Perhaps we should start something as if we're "meeting at the court" or something.  Perhaps at 10 PM, people start to wonder what GC mean by "heading to the club."

Dunno, perhaps 9 PM?

If we're gonna do this, we need to do it right.  The server needs to be on the website, etc.  We need to advertise it like it's part of us.

Keep talking.

I think having an "open gym" night is a great idea. Where we can get squads together and play for a few hours. I got next.

GC Founder

Ok, first step, I've updated the traffic page (Lunk, you can get the IP here, btw info is pinned in admin forum):

http://www.gamrs.co/htmlgc/servertraffic.shtml

Now, what we have to do is stop that from looking blank, for one.

I think it's a great thing for us as GC...to be able to practice on each other in a serious way, but without the drama. But at the same time, we shouldn't keep it to ourselves....that won't create the demand.

Code? I'd say we should just say to each other: "Wanna hit the club?" etc.

I know I'd love this. No riff raff. Nothing.

Quick games, decided on the fly...hey, let's play a couple rounds, first to seven, etc....

5 guys in? Ok, dust2, A only, 3 terrorists on 2 CTs, everyone gets a chance to be CT more than once....see which 2 guys can do the best.....etc. Fun stuff, make it up as you go....situational training.

Was a long time ago, but we had some competitions like this once...1 on 2 matches, etc.

I really like this idea. While in a game were more peeps want to join (regs that is) A few GC can say "going to Fatty's Frag Shack!!" the other GC's can follow!

I really like this idea!! I would be one of the first to frag it out on the playground!

GC Founder

Now, I brought this up a while back....should we go ahead and make it a 20 or 22 player private or keep it at 12? 12 = I'd better get over there or I'm not gonna be in...20 = more flexibility...more GC able to get in....however, will we feel the tug on the public side?

Then again...say it gets ugly for an hour or two in the public. Geez, where did the GC go? Answer? da Club. Don't you wish you were there.

Discuss that part too. Private slots are cheap.

(edited)

I think this is another Great step to making GC better!! I would keep it at 12 slots. I prefer gameplay that is more precise and will make you better.

Edit :And if I could buy the Table in the back... I will pay the rent! :)

Edited by §hažžž

Thank you Shep & Fatty for the links.

I like the idea of keeping it at 12 slots. I feel a little crowded sometimes on stock. And like the "elbow room" this type of server would give us.

Code word Plain & Simple: "Goin' to the Club"

GC Founder

btw, the password for the server for now is "coalition"

admins, rcon is pinned in admin forum...remember, there's no admin at all, and there won't be.

You know, the irony in all this. While I've wanted something like this to catch for a long while now (years)....it's so ironic that someone complaining that they can't get in the server makes me resurface an idea that involves another place that he can't get to.

I like the 12 player thing. If it's increased, maybe to 14 or 16. We already have

3, 27 man servers & I think the people that use this will be looking to

break away from the crowds, try new things etc. I think this is really good

for admins, some days I just don't know how they do it. This I think would be

a welcome relief for them from all the constant babysitting. A place where

they can enjoy the game too, without all the whining & profanity clean ups.

KUDOS TO ADMINS!!!!

Great job you guy's!

GC Alumni
(edited)

u·to·pi·a

1. often Utopia An ideally perfect place, especially in its social, political, and moral aspects.

--

a server where you could play without policing? it's almost hard to imagine.

i think a 12 man members only with drop-in cs would be awesome. two thumbs up.

Edited by stuttering.john

Just tried it out. Its a great idea. A good way to watch, try and learn. I like the fact that its lower numbers. Gives me a chance to watch what everybody does. Good hiding spot M2!

(edited)

Don't mean to barge in on the topic here but is there an admin handy to check on scopeless. This guy needs to learn the rules the hard way. Sorry for the intrusion.

"DeToX07" STEAM_0:1:2868055

Edited by Primus

i think 12 ppl is the best to hone in on the team play alot better. my opinion is GC only but thats just me. i love the regs(bein as i am a newb to GC) however, even the regs can get a lil out of hand sometime. i am going to have to check this out for sure.