pIMp cars

huhuh?

These pics are at 1600x1200 so if your running a smaller resolution it would be better to see them at these links (sized down if you have IE6) [Overview] [subs and amp] [LCD panel] [Computer/MP3 player] [Engine]

I have a 1983 GMC Sierra 1500. It was garage kept all its life and only has 26,000 miles on a new engine. All the bells and whistles including keyless entry. It is currently in the shop due to a bent push rod and valve on cyl #2, which means it isnt even firing :(.

This truck has a 350 ci V8 engine. I added the chrome Edelbrock valve covers and air filter housing that holds a high performance K&N filter. (That big purple thing) This is a GM crate 350 that is only 4 years old.

When i purchased the truck all it had was a Cassette deck and a pair of Alpines. So i decided to add to the sound with a 760 watt Pioneer Amp and two 10" Rockford Fosgate subs. Great for back massage. In one of the lower pics you can see my new Panasonic Deck with audio inputs, and of course there is the CD changer too. After installing the subs and deck i mounted a Pentium 200 to the back of my truck with a 15GB HD that plays MP3's. The reason for the Audio inputs on the Deck, which are hard to find. This machine used to run DOS but the composite adapter wasnt accepting DOS's rediculous 640x200 resolution. I tried using FreeBSD but that had a partioning problem with that hard drive so i resorted to Windows 98. It boots up in 30 sec. and starts playing MP3's in winamp. Its even got a few simpsons episodes on it to watch if ive got passengers. VM and Writing to the hard disk is turned off so i can simply turn the car off and the computer turns off without any loss of data or problems. All of this power, including my subs require a second battery. In that year of truck there was a cigarette lighter and ash tray that folded down so i mounted the LCD panel for my computer on that ash tray so i could fold it down and up looks good during the day but looks really cool at night.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello hello! a man who knows his british sports cars.

Personally, i believe the TR6 is as ugly as sin. i've driven one, and i can honestly say that even with SU carbs, new exhaust manifold and a new head unit it still isnt as spunky as the little 2 litre inline fours that the TR3 has.

Saturns.... ....I hate those things.... I don't know much about engines... but I'm good at fixing things... and I change my own oil... ...anyway... My current Roomate has a Saturn... asked me to change his oil for him so he could save a few bucks... well... lets just say where the oil pan is on most cars isn't there on the Saturn... after draining about a quart of his transmission fluid I find out that the oil "drain" is on the front of the engine right above the axle.... and what does the manual say [DO NOT GET OIL ON THE AXLE AS IT MAY HEAT UP AND IGNITE]

WELL THEN WHY PUT THE DAMN THING THERE!!!!

sry...

anyway my non-1337 car

95' Toyota Camry SE (151,000 miles)

She ain't much but she gets me where I need to go pretty quickly. I think it has just enough pick-up and go to cut off most cabbies in the city :ph34r:

Original Color: Black

Current Color: Salty white grey... needs a wash pretty bad

Guest Shertown-Pimp
Guest Shertown-Pimp
Guest Shertown-Pimp
Guests

2002 Nissan Xterra

Red ( 8100 miles)

Stick Shift, v6

Fast car, usually drive about 10-15 over the speed limit , except past the sheriffs house :lol:

Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guests

yea i got the pimped out haro bike w00t..

its the newest one two so double w0-0-t!

The 'Cudas were junkers basically though. The 70 wasn't a runner but a good body, and the '72 was a rustbucket with all the goodies - had a built 383 (it was originally a 340 car), 4-spd, 4.10 Dana rear axle.

I was gonna to the ol' 2 cars into one (the '70) and put a the drivetrain into it but was a little burnt out on the whole deal and financially drained after the Charger.

I enjoyed the Charger for about 15,000 miles then sold it and bought a house. I won alot of trophies with that car at car shows. It had a (all factory) 383 HP, 727 trans, 8.75" rear end with 3.23 Sure-Grip, air, leather (!), PS, PB, 8-track, Tick-Tach-Tock, power windows, rear defroster, 6-way power drivers seat, intermittent wipers. The broadcast sheet found under the rear seat said that it was a 'Dealer Demonstrator Car' for Hollywood, Ca Dodge. Basically it was the one they put in the window to attract attention with alot of options and sell you a stripper model that you could afford.

It had an 8-Track? Wow...I wonder how many people in these forums even know what an 8-Track is :P

That is one sweet looking car Homer...do you happen to have a pic from before you started working on it?

Guest Darthlaze
Guest Darthlaze
Guest Darthlaze
Guests

That Charger is sooo so nice....**drool**

Im looking to doing a restoration job like that on an older firebird/camaro(depending on which I can find in what years) I pray itll come out looking as good as that Charger...**More drool**

Ahaha, Heartless, broken hand, ahaha, w00t w00t

Course...right now I drive a bike too, although its kinda busted...too lazy to finish driver's ed, so I prolly wont be needin a car for a bit anyways :D

Broken hand!! :ph34r:

98 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 60k miles. I have a Kenwood Deck..CD player with Mask Technology (face folds over when the power is off), don't know the model # right off hand. A set of Infinity Kappa II separates in doors with tweets mounted in the dash. Two 8", 8ohm subs(for some reason I am drawing a blank on their brand right now) wired in parallel to my kenwood amp. amp is 4x100 with two of the channels bridged for the subs and the other channels running to the separates. Enough to massage the back and the earlobes in a regular cab Tacoma!

On another note, just a funny story or two....I will never forget Lamb pulling up to my house one day in college after he had just purchased two 12" pioneers along with a 400 watt amp to power them....I LMAO everytime I remember him getting out of his car with ear plugs in because his system was "too loud."

I also LMAO about the time he drove up in his late 80s model Mustang that used a quart of oil about every 100 miles he drove it. He had the hood open about to pour the oil in the carburator(sp?) when my step-dad stopped him. :lol: