Should we change the mod on server 5?

Which mod would you like to see?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm up for any of the mods except for the WC mod.

And if we keep the zombie mod it would need some serious re-working.

Team evening (that actually does it), Para, AWM, and Auto's restricted. Allow zombies to kill hosties/lengthen bomb defuse time, etc.

So I'm assuming the goals are:

a) provide something different for GC members to enjoy

B) draw more people to the GC community

Since many of the people under (B) are new to CS:S, whatever we choose cannot be too far "out there". This disqualifies GarrysMod (super cool and spiffy, but overwhelming even to me) and Super Heroes (some heroes require custom binds to +power1, etc.). The nice thing about Zombie is that you just drop in and play. If HL2:CTF has this same quality, I nominate it.

In support of goal (B) I nominate something as horrible as 24/7 Office. IllSkillz is always full. Take that, but add the GC special sauce and we have a good way to introduce more people to our community.

I agree that the Zombiemod brings in new players...I'm a prime example! I don't like CS (*gasp*!) but I have been playing almost every day since the Zombiemod has been on, and I have been on as much as an hour and a half straight (I know, big whoop, that's a lot for me). This might actually make me a contributing member of the community if I keep up this pace.

Of course, I'd be willing to play other mods as well. And, of course, DOD:S is the granddaddy of HL2 mods that I have been patiently waiting for, but even if we don't stick with Zombiemod I would like to see other mods, especially if they don't require custom binds or other things that aren't pick-up-and-play.

I agree that the Zombiemod brings in new players...I'm a prime example!  I don't like CS (*gasp*!) but I have been playing almost every day since the Zombiemod has been on [...] This might actually make me a contributing member of the community if I keep up this pace.

That makes two new players brought in by the zombie mod now. Fox and myself (I'm a UT guy, but I can't get enough of this zombie mod). That means this zombie mod or something like it should always be around.

• 4 months later...