19" DVI 12ms LCD

Preacher

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Not sure how good quality that monitor would be. Nice price though and a decent response time. You do want 12ms or less for gaming.

--edit--

Haha, Tiger Direct actually addresses the issue in the What You Should Know section and apparently publishes an ISO-standard response time for all monitors. At least they use a consistent benchmark. Anyway, on with the rant:

Duke, unfortunately it's hard to tell if it can eliminate ghosting or not: "Response Time" is a term that has been used fast-and-loose by manufacturers. Response time is the time the time between a signal is applied and the full change is registered. This can be measured as black to white, black to white and back again, some level of grey to another, or some level of grey to another and back. Colors take longer to switch between than black and white (the molecules aren't being snapped at 90 degree angles) and often a manufacturer doesn't specify what standard is being used to test a monitor.

An explanation from a trusted source on the problems with using manufacturer reported Response Rates as benchmarks:

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/display/20040226/index.html

An article on LCDs, this page specifically refering to the crystal structure that allows LCDs to work:

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/lcd3.htm

Color pixels!

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/lcd9.htm

--edit--

The best thing, in my opinion, is to find people who have the same model screen and see how theirs worked, or for the intrepid, bite the $200 and try it out. I would, but I'm poor and don't need a monitor right now. If you've got a great amount of free time on your hands, you can probably find out what model LCD panel is in the screen, find out what other screens use the same model LCD panel, and read reviews from them. The interface circuitry could be different, but the QA issues of dead pixels, etc. should be pretty commensurate.

Edited by appalachian_fox

Is 12ms low enough to elim the ghosting/tearing?

Clue & Shazz have the one I'm looking for but the price has gone UP, not down.  It's went from $300 to $350.  :bang:

Just fyi, I have a Sony 17 inch LCD with a 25ms lag time, I have absolutly 0 problems with ghosting. I would believe that anything below that would be great.

If you really think about it, 25ms response time means that you have a clean image 40 times per second.

At the time I bought this LCD panel (nearly 3 years ago) it was the fastest made, obviously things have improved since then. As fox mentioned, talk to people that have used the same monitor and go by them. That's what I always do, maybe see if the local stores have it on display so you can maybe test it out.

Is 12ms low enough to elim the ghosting/tearing?

Clue & Shazz have the one I'm looking for but the price has gone UP, not down.  It's went from $300 to $350.  :bang:

I have a 19 inch AG neovo 16ms i bought from tigerdirect about 6 months ago. I have no problem with ghosting and get alot better picture than i did before with my old 17 inch crt.

scared of lcds vovik :unsure::crazy:

The human eye can only see 23ms or more. Subconsciously you can see down to 17ms so 16 or less you should not see ghosting or tearing. But as mentioned in other threads the manufacturers of the LCDs often over state the abilities of the monitors.

Like mentioned above if you buy it and dislike it they do have a good return policy though.