xbox360 screenshots

Rashad

Probably some bullshot in there. :)

516505_20051004_screen002.jpg

This is probably the most accurate display thus far of how 360 games will look. A bit sharper, and more blurr effects added in, but thats about it. My big critique is the same - its gunna be pretty, but the gameplay.. eh.. probably fairly ugly.

Those are some cute hype-shots, taken at cinematic angles you will never see or be able to play in-game.

I totally believe that the X-Box 360 is capable of doing that, because those buildings in the background are so low-poly it hurts. "...Add inexpensive motion blur and cubemap the cars, and you'll never notice the difference..." So it's not 100% bullshot. Just more hype than fact.

...thing is, if I had a team together, I could do just about the exact same screenshots, at a higher resolution with the HL2 engine.

Edited by Norguard

dont think they are totally tricking you guys with those screens..

I played call of duty 2 at walmart on a HD LCD screen and my inital reaction is AMAZING.

The graphics were much better than my PC's. The graphics looked awesome, but even in the background high definition explosions going off, everyone shooting at me, me running around without even the hint of a FPS drop or jerking around. Just go over to extremetech.com and look at the architecure of the machine. Its a HOSS.

thing is in a year or so your PC will have better graphics.

Edited by NOFX

Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU

- 3 symmetrical cores at 3.2 GHz each

- 2 hardware threads per core

- 1 VMX-128 vector unit per core

- 1 MB L2 cache

CPU Game Math Performance

- 9 billion dots per second

Custom ATI Graphics Processor

- 500 MNz

- 10 MB embedded DRAM

- 48-way parallel floating-point shader pipelines

- unified shader architecture

Memory

-512 MB GDDR3 RAM

- 700 MNz DDR

Memory Bandwidth

- 22.4 GB/s memory interface bus bandwidth

- 256 GB/s memory bandwidth to EDRAM

- 21.6 GB/s frontside bus

Considering Xbox 360 doesn't need to run all the excess baggage your PC does then I find it very hard to believe anyone who gives the 360 a bad review. Obviously topend PC GPU's will outperform any console GPU, but again, the 360 is a dedicated system, it doesn't need the same specs to perform the same. IMO the screenshots I've seen of COD2 have always looked identical from PC to 360 (check them for yourself...up til yesterday 360 screenshots had PC beat hands down...now the actual shots are out they look the same)

Remember...anywhere you demo the 360 you have to realize that they probably don't have a full resolution TV set up...you'd be surprised (or not at all) to find the average Best Buy (let alone walmart) employee hasn't a clue how to set up an HD tv...I've read too many reviews in the last week written (obviously) by Sony fanboys (dog help us) who list a non HD tv as their testing source and then go on to flame the 360 for looking like crap...HeLLO! Your TV hasn't a chance at hitting the resolution of your computer monitor so COD comparatively will look like poop. Consider the fact that the best LCD TVs can only do 1024x1024 and you can see how the 360 is held up at the gate.

Xbox 360 whips my PCs butt, and I don't know anyone who has 3 independant 3Ghz processors and no background processes to run...soooo...who will be left to buy a PS3? Not me...

Oh yeah and any of you (and I know you're out there) who love the FinalFanstasy series and are apprehensive of the 360 because FFXII won't come out for it...worry not...FFXII will blow chunks...it's no longer a turn based RPG so already I've lost all interest, plus Lost Odessey will be an Xbox exclusive, a new RPG developed by Mistwalker. Here is a little about Mistwalker: (get a towel)

"For those of you who don’t know, Mistwalker is the development studio founded by Hironobu Sakaguchi. Sakaguchi is the man who created Final Fantasy as well as produced games such as Crono Trigger. Mistwalker was founded in 2001. Several former Square-Enix staff members have joined Sakaguchi at his new studio. Currently Mistwalker has 3 games in the works, two exclusively for the Xbox 360 and one for the Nintendo DS as well."

I read somewhere that one reason that Hironobu left Square was because of the direction the company took his FF series (ie online), which is exactly why I no longer play them whatsoever. Either way the only reason anyone I know is waiting for a PS3 is to play the nextgen FF game, but there won't be one (at least one true to the FF series) for PS3 so they've all turned to Xbox...

Wow...who actually read all of that?

I'm buying a PS3 and not an Xbox360 for Vision GT (Gran Turismo 5).

Have you seen the screenshots? There are some things in those shots that I would be very upset waiting all that time for...IMO PGR3 looks better right now than VGT, just scan the backgrounds...32 bit trees? whats up with that?

Oh yeah...almost forgot...

360 fanboy over and out!

Edited by anonymo

I'm buying a PS3 and not an Xbox360 for Vision GT (Gran Turismo 5).

Have you seen the screenshots? There are some things in those shots that I would be very upset waiting all that time for...IMO PGR3 looks better right now than VGT, just scan the backgrounds...32 bit trees? whats up with that?

Oh yeah...almost forgot...

360 fanboy over and out!

Wowie, those trees sure look awful...lol

Woohoo...still no flames on me!

***My best friend has guarenteed me that he will have his 360 on Sunday...he refuses to tell me how but he's not the type of person make things up...I just wish it wasn't my other 2 good friend's birthday on Saturday so I could be alive on Sunday...I figure Monday I'll check it out and post up that night or on Tuesday morning***

Scrap that...my friend's an idiot and so am I for believing him...he gets it tuesday like everyone else...

Oh and Voodoo...I think you have me there...there's never been a better driving sim than the GT series...even Froza, as good as it was, didn't hold up on the gameplay...although the PS3 controllers scare me it will probably still be really good gameplay wise

Edited by anonymo

Is that the cycle time before stock is replenished? 2 weeks? Big whoop -- the games aren't going anywhere. I'd imagine Microsoft amped up production for those things, anticipating the demand (especially around this time of year).

But hey, if someone's gonna buy one of those things for $700-1200, let them. Isn't that today's economy: survival of the thriftiest? :P

this tinklees me off, about a month ago i had 3 reserved at eb games, i didnt think i would have the money so i sold all 3 to friends for like 20 bucks, i could of made 2000 profit if i would of bought them all and sold them on ebay!!!!!!!

but i bought a laptop instead

You guys see the 360 Scalpers on Ebay....seen em as high as 1200 bones with overnight shipping!!  I mean honestly, wait two weeks and buy it for 400....idiots.

On Tuesday night there was an Xbox 360 system that had gone all the way to $10,000 (from people bidding, 100+ bidders)....I guess thats how Paris Hilton got hers...I'd hate to be the shmo that baught that only for it to have hardware malfunctions a day later (my friend's did that)

There is a story on msnbc. Apparently there may not be a ton of problems with the system, but enough to warrant a full story on msn. Im starting to think this thing was rushed to get it to market. The fact that they have troubleshooting tools (blinkng lights) built in should be a dead givaway that there are still existing hardware problems that are not totally resolved yet. Our company uses the same methodology to help track down hardware and software problems. Once we've found the problem and corrected it (and not a bandaid) we remove the indicators...

I'm glad I dont want to buy one. Anyone wanna take bets on how hard PS3 is going to blow Xbox out of the water???

Edited by Brillow_Head

There is a story on msnbc.  Apparently there may not be a ton of problems with the system, but enough to warrant a full story on msn.  Im starting to think this thing was rushed to get it to market. The fact that they have troubleshooting tools (blinkng lights) built in should be a dead givaway that there are still existing hardware problems that are not totally resolved yet.  Our company uses the same methodology to help track down hardware and software problems.  Once we've found the problem and corrected it (and not a bandaid) we remove the indicators...

I'm glad I dont want to buy one.  Anyone wanna take bets on how hard PS3 is going to blow Xbox out of the water???

If you go back and check the history of console launches then you'll find no one ever had a smooth take off. PS2 had rediculous problems with their lasers, xbox had hardware issues, even my old NES never worked quite right. I see their trouble shooting system as ingenius with a product such as the 360, where there are so many things that could go wrong at anytime (like overheating, smoke pollution etc...)

As for the PS3 blowing, I'll put money on it (I'm really just afraid I'll put my eye out with the controller!)