Anyone get one last night?

Bubblegum Bandit

Headline: Microsoft teams up with ebay!!

Story: Microsoft and ebay contracted earlier this week to reduce the total number of off the shef XBOX360 Units shipping to retail stores to be released on the 22nd in an effort to give scalpers a really stupid reason to jack the price to X2 or X3 the normal retail price and an even STUPIDER reason for consumers to buy these ridiculously overpriced peices of hardware.

I'm mean come on....are people that affraid that they are not going to be able to buy one in a few weeks between now and Xmas?? Your kids will forgive you if you dont have an Xbox under the tree. Heck, my kids wouldnt be worth 800-12000 dollars...

Yeah, all the stores will be sold out, or already sold out as of the time of this post. I'm seeing multiple ebay auctions with Xboxes selling for 2500+ with 50 or more bids on them. You can build one heck of a computer for that price!! Man, people are getting totaly beat by the stupid stick...man!!

Current Ebay auctions are at $1800, $1300, $1300.

Is this a great country or what?!?!

I lined up with my buddy at 7am infront of a Best Buy in one of the shottiest neighbourhoods in Toronto...we got one, and they had extras (Core systems) and today I'm kicking my self for not buying a couple...I could have totally made some mulah...I'm so dumb

Amazing system though...they took all the good stuff from the Xbox modding community and put it into the 360. The load times are phenomenal...I just couldn't believe how quick it is. Perfect Dark Zero is exactly what so many people have been waiting for, the co-op is the most amazing this ever and multiplayer is that Goldeneye fix so many people have been jonesing for for so long

My buddie's 360 crashed and died tonight...he called Microsoft and they told him it was a hardware malfunction and they're sending him a prepaid box so he can send it back. Now he has to wait at least a week for his 360 to get back to Microsoft so they can send him a new one...I just have to say, even though it died, the circle light on the front relays the problem with a combination of lights which MS used to determine exactly what the problem was. Too bad it didn't blow up or smoke, if it had to die it could at least have gone out in a blaze of glory...

By the way, the wired 360 controllers use USB (for those unaware) and are supported by Windows XP...I'm definitely buying one

My buddie's 360 crashed and died tonight...he called Microsoft and they told him it was a hardware malfunction and they're sending him a prepaid box so he can send it back. Now he has to wait at least a week for his 360 to get back to Microsoft so they can send him a new one...I just have to say, even though it died, the circle light on the front relays the problem with a combination of lights which MS used to determine exactly what the problem was. Too bad it didn't blow up or smoke, if it had to die it could at least have gone out in a blaze of glory...

By the way, the wired 360 controllers use USB (for those unaware) and are supported by Windows XP...I'm definitely buying one

He's not the only one. I've heard of a few other people who had their Xbox360 burn out on them. Apparently the machine is so powerful (or poorly fanned) that it can literally melt the internal hardware.

Perfect Dark with a mouse and keyboard... that's a nice thought. Now I'm imagining how much I could own with my $10 Logitech. In the kingdom of the blind...

That's the ONLY thing that turns me off about consoles is the controller.  If they could have a keyboard AND a mouse, I'd be searching high and low for one of those things right now.

After getting stomped by some friends in Halo because I wasn't used to the controller I did some searching. I found a dongle for XBox that will allow you to hook up a mouse and keyboard to the XBox. I never bought it but I think all you had to do was use your memory card to bind the controller moves to the mouse and keyboard. I'll see if I can find it again.

Second entry on our little google search for "Xbox mouse and keyboard"

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=...roducts_id=5438

Old article about this device ruining Halo 2

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/560/560524p1.html