Not so scopeless

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah  plus its crashing like crazy!!!  just mayhem in the scopeless server!

Was that a pun?

Well that's easier than making a pun on "Recrudescence" right? (Did I get that right?)

Yeah, but he wasn't around when we lost the old names, which were better.

If you mean TerribleOne wasn't around, he's been around longer than me and I've heard these names. Unless there are some other old server names that have disappeared.

W8, I tried that game - playing against all of the autosnipers/AWPers with my M4, until I couldn't take it anymore. So on one of my "USP for justice!" rounds, I'd tag an AWPer, decimate the team, apologize and give my AWP away to a teammate, if I could afford an M4.

It's the way to be, if you're stuck on CT in Italy without a scope. Or Aztec... ...without a scope... ...or, well... ...just about anywhere, where everybody not on your team has a scope.

...and it's not VALVe's fault that the admin plugins were broken with the new release. They're just responsible for their own game. And personally, I think there are a lot of real improvements since the last update.

Edited by Norguard

Unfortunately it seems that valve aparently didn't test their updates with the specific combination of server settings we use.

Yes they're a company and really are only responsible for their own product. HOWEVER, this break has had significant effect on people using their games.

I don't know how many admin mods are out there, but it does strike me they could get some of the community to do "beta" testing for them. Although it isn't as easy as it sounds. In the end, they're trying to keep their product updated and bring us new fixes and enhancements, sometimes you have problems along the way.

Until then, lets just try to enjoy the chance to try something different that we're not used to.

can i get an amen?

the captain has turned on the seatbelt light. we're temporarily experiencing turbulence, but we'll return to our comfortable cruising altitude shortly. the stewardess will be through to take your drink orders.

even though the weapon restrictions arent working, many of the scopeless players are still not buying scoped weapons

why?

because we're SCOPELESS players!

Right on! I'll take an AK over an AWM any day for my own use. I do reserve the right to buy the sg552 and AUG though, and to steal autosnipers!

Guest Tank
Guest Tank
Guest Tank
Guests
Some of you playing tonight may have noticed that weapon restrictions are not working and that you can buy scoped weapons. 

This is a problem with the weapon restrictions and we had to remove them until it is fixed.

How long do you anticipate the problem to continue before being repaired?

fact is, it's not fun right now.

you have all this "riff raff" running around with their stupid awps.

it's REALLY LAME.

no de_ map will EVER be won by Ts and no cs_ map will EVER be won by CTs

scoped weapons (specifically the awp) are silly for pub server play.

they are GREAT for matches/scrims.

it's lame when 1/2 or more of the other team has awps.

i played for like 5 minutes this weekend...

got sick of it really REALLY fast...

i can't wait till things are back to normal.

scoped weapons change the entire game.

not even the aug/krieg/scout would be bad... it's the awp that is friggen lame.

Thanks X. Nicely done with getting the updates in as soon as they came out!

Guys, I'm a little surprized with all the complaining about the scopes over the past couple days. I realize that we all play on scopeless because it's scopeless, but I hoped people would seize the opportunity to try something new.

However, the storm has passed, our worst nightmares are over and we're back to cruising altitude. The waitresses will resume serving drinks shortly.

Enjoy those scopeless weapons :)