Xbox 360 Nightmare

anonymo

As for what Call of Duty 2 looked like in the smoke and the heat of a firefight I saw no slow down whatsoever, I played 4 player Perfect Dark Zero and saw no slowdown

I wonder if the Xbox 360 actually is using more of it's power if played on HD vs regular tv, like comps do...

What's no slowdown whatsoever? Did you have Fraps on? heh. Well, whatever if it works for you it's good, but I kept my eyes open when playing...maybe fps go down if it's turned on forawhile, probably the case cause in Best Buy it's turned on all day.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played it for exactly one minute in Best Buy over the weekend. It was Call of Duty 2. The graphics are definitely better than previous console but they're NOT better than my pc and all those screenshots I've been seeing.

Furthermore, I played a big firefight where there was a bunch of smoke, and when I looked at it I could tell that framerates just PLUMMET...I mean that's just ridiculous, first you can't really play a fps game with the controller and on top of that there's lag with framerates? I'm never buying a new gen console.

I wub you... :hug:

sounds like since they had to go through and fix the 360 that they are thinking about marking it up in price now. thank goodness i pre-ordered it and got it.... well had it. lol, they assured me i wouldnt have to pay anything at all and are sending mine out friday. hopefully this one wont crap out on me.

sounds like since they had to go through and fix the 360 that they are thinking about marking it up in price now. thank goodness i pre-ordered it and got it.... well had it. lol, they assured me i wouldnt have to pay anything at all and are sending mine out friday. hopefully this one wont crap out on me.

WHAT...how'd you get your stupid return box already???!??!?!?!

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

you know... The sole reason that I passed on teh xbox 360 (besides money) was the problems they were going to have. I work at a publishing company, and we have several Macintosh computers here (about 200). The G5 chip has serious heating issues... constantly overheat on all our IMacs... We are always sending them in for repair... then I found out that the xbox 360 was going to use the G5 chips... HAHAHA... yeah, apple switched to INTEL for their notebooks because the G5 was too unreliable.

So the lesson here is, no matter how many systems you get, there will be problems... I haven't heard anything about them doing any changes away from the G5 chipset.

Oh the fun. I feel for ya man... but I think I will wait for the PS3.

side note, just picked up NFS: MW. YEH!!

I just called them today... my Xbox 360's coffin should be here tomorrow. It should be back by monday.

SHOULD be.... Unless they pull an 'anonymo's friend' on you.

Yeah...cept I'm in Canuckia so they're probably ignoring us...I know where their head office is here tho, my friend and I might go throw rocks at them this weekend...my friend has this weird desire to nail a MS employee in the head with his broken Xbox...would be very funny, until the lawsuit...

I just called them today... my Xbox 360's coffin should be here tomorrow. It should be back by monday.

Yeah...cept I'm in Canuckia so they're probably ignoring us...I know where their head office is here tho, my friend and I might go throw rocks at them this weekend...my friend has this weird desire to nail a MS employee in the head with his broken Xbox...would be very funny, until the lawsuit...

lol... crazy Canadians

lol... crazy Canadians

They left the coffin for my xbox360... packed it and called the shipping company and pretty much said come get your junk.... they arrived 30mins later.... I was the guys last call. Lucky...

Think there are places that do "second shipment preorders"?

My buddy finally got a hold of someone higher up at Microsoft and it turns out that DHL, the company responsible for shipping all the boxes, never got the proper clearance or whatever to send all the boxes over the border so my buddy has 7 or 8 boxes with his name on them sitting at customs. They promised to have a box to him by tomorrow...we'll see about that...