Breathtaking.....

Bubblegum Bandit

That was taken by a very expensive camera!

Um, by the way cameras go, not really. Nikon D70. Its 7 images stitched together.

And yes, the res on that camera will print up to like 18" pictures without distortion.

18" x 7 = 10.5'

{GpL}Slapdash gets to use a camera that gets i think 3000 res pics. Not fair!!

I think that his does that too. I have a 300 dollar cannon that does the pictures together but they never line up unless i use photoshop

go ahead and tell the webmaster, I'm sure he's not busy.

Sidenote:  I'm gonna take the full size image to the camera shop and get it enlarged.

According to Photoshop I can go up to 11.5' x 2'  :=

If you have enough RAM and patience, you can also convert the file to vector graphics. If you're planning on going that big, it will scale up much better and be a manageable file size.

Whatever resolution it was captured in, just open the file in Flash and convert the object to a vector graphic (the tutorial will make it pretty easy. Then you can place the file in Adobe Illustrator. If you add any text, do it in Illustrator and then convert the font to outlines. Then everything is vector graphics so you can scale it up as big as you want and it will stay looking pretty decent. When you're done just save the file as an EPS and any printer ought to be able to put it on vinyl for you. 11 feet is going to cost a few hundred bucks, but you can do the prep yourself and save a little money.

Thanks for the advice cheif. The res that the original panny I have on my comp is high enough to do up to 11.5' without upscaling. That's 7 pictures end to end from my digital SLR. Minimal overlap. I'm actually planning on printing either a 3' or 4' version. I was just saying that when I open it up in Photoshop, at 300 dpi, it says 11.5' long.

I am interested in the vector graphic text though. I guess if I'm scaling down it would look better too. If nothing else, I'd like to add a copyright to the bottom of the image.

• 2 weeks later...