My top 5 Movies from 2005

Colonel Klink

Just curious what people’s fav movies from 2005 were? On the whole not a great year especially if you’re an action fan but my top 5 were...

1) Batman Begins - Great cast, a dark Batman, exactly what Batman should be.

2) Wedding Crashers - My fiancée dragged me to this, I thought it'd be a rental, wow was I wrong, funniest movie of 2005.

3) Crash - great storyline and awesome cast.

4) King Kong - I just thought it was a great popcorn movie, great visuals and good acting (except Jack Black who almost ruins it for me).

5) Sin City - People either love it or hate it, I love Frank Miller and this movie captures his dark comic book style.

...And most disappointing, for me...Star Wars Episode III :boo: .... I wanted more Vader and less Anakin. I still can't believe Vader only really shows up in the last scene, so disappointing. Trust me I wanted to like it, I really did but I just can't!

Cheers,

Klink

Just curious what people’s fav movies from 2005 were?  On the whole not a great year especially if you’re an action fan but my top 5 were...

1) Batman Begins - Great cast, a dark Batman, exactly what Batman should be.

2) Wedding Crashers - My fiancée dragged me to this, I thought it'd be a rental, wow was I wrong, funniest movie of 2005.

3) Crash - great storyline and awesome cast.

4) King Kong - I just thought it was a great popcorn movie, great visuals and good acting (except Jack Black who almost ruins it for me).

5) Sin City - People either love it or hate it, I love Frank Miller and this movie captures his dark comic book style. 

...And most disappointing, for me...Star Wars Episode III :boo: .... I wanted more Vader and less Anakin.  I still can't believe Vader only really shows up in the last scene, so disappointing.  Trust me I wanted to like it, I really did but I just can't!

Cheers,

Klink

I could agree with 90% of that list, I'd have to call The 40 year old virgin the funniest film of the year it's waaay more funny than Wedding Crashers... Other than that I'd say you're spot on.

Im going to post up my top 5 in a few days. But what I thought were the 5 worst movies this year were:

5 Worst

1 - Alone in the Dark <------ was so bad, it made my worst 5 movies of all time list

2 - The Devil's Rejects

3 - Brothers Grimm

4 - Undead

5 - Herbie: Fully Loaded

Edited by YoMamma

1 - Life Aquatic

2 - King Kong

3 - Brothers Grimm

4 - Deucse Bigalow - Eurapean Gigalow

5 - War of the Worlds

Soul and I agree on something!!!!

the Life Aquatic is the worst movie I have ever seen in my life. It totally beats the worst of 2005. Its there with the worst since 1981(that I have seen) never spent 7 bucks on a movie and walked out on it, until the Life Aquatic came along.

I didnt see 2 or 3, but I thought 4 was amusing and 5 is not in the best, but defintely not my worst.

• 1 month later...

live aquatic = best movie of the year imo. i'm not sure what it knocked out, but it made my personal top 5 of all time.

i was especially won over when zissou said "i'd probably have a thing for her if she wasn't such a ______." people glared at me for laughing at that so hard in the theatre. ahhh. good times, good times.

(edited)

I went there with family, we all walked out before it was over.

Best

1. Serenity

2. Serenity

3. Serenity

4. Batman Begins

5. The Brothers Grimm

"Shiny, let's be bad guys" Jayne

"Can I make a suggestion that doesn't involve violence, or is this the wrong crowd?" Wash

"You all got on this boat for different reasons, but now I'm asking more of you then I did before, maybe all. Cuz' sure as I know anything, I know this... they will try again. A year from now, maybe ten, somewhere else or on this ground sown clean. They return to the belief that they... can make peeople better, and I do not hold to that. So no more running, I aim to misbehave." Mal

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar" Wash

"You think any of us are going to get through this?... I might.." Zoe and Jayne

As you can see I thought Serenity was a A+, five star hit. Go browncoats :D

Edited by Allanon754=US=

Life Aquatic was one of the wierdest movies i have ever seen, but I thought it was kinda funny overall :biglaugha:

What was wrong with King Kong? I loved the FX, its got a giant gorilla, and the gorilla totally owns (was it 3 or 6 Tyranosaurs) I didnt think there were any other things movies needed :unsure:

Serenity was an awesome movie, Batman Begins was sweet, and I cant even remember many others that were that good.

1.King Kong

2.Serenity

3.Batman Begins

4. :huh:

5. :wiggle2:

I have a thread in here with the problems I had with it. But it was horrible for us. Almost everyone I have talked with either loved it or completely hated it....most of the people on the Hate side. Peter Jackson, who did an amazing job on LoTR, comepletely screwed up this movie in our opinions.

• 3 weeks later...

i thought king kong was pretty amazing

but me top 5

1) sin city

3) war of the worlds

4) serenity

5) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (must watch while baked)

2) king kong