GC CSS TWL pt2

stutters

Team Size  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

atm, we've got 14. we could have:

- one 8v8 team (there are only 21 active teams in this ladder)

- one 5v5 team (there are 282 active teams in this ladder).

- two 5v5 teams, but first person to choose this option becomes honorary team 2 captain.

let's get this rolling, it'd be nice to get a match in soon!

A single 5v5 team would be the best way to start IMO. If we find out later that we can easily field more than 5 players at any time, then it might be time to start thinking about a second team or moving to a larger ladder. Besides, with 5v5 we could be in competition with xT or GoCI!

Just so everyone is aware, I am trying to get signed up, but getting my old twl account deleted has been a trial so far...

I'll be around prob as a backup, as i'll be out of town alot this year, but would like to be a part....

tWc|RoGuE.gc

(oh and i voted for 2 5v5) :-)

GC Alumni
cool, and thanks for volunteering to be captain of the 2nd squad

:=

You are bound and determined to get me divorced before my 6th month aniversary!

*COUGH* I agree with Mookie, 1 5v5 team would be the best way to go.

ROFFLES :)

besides, from the looks of the honeymoon picture, we have a backup for de_aztec.

i think mookie is right, too. one 5v5 team, and if demand calls for it, we'll make another.

Considering the availability of the roster I too would go for the single 5v5. That way you know for sure you have enough to play at every match with backups to boot. Then as you said you can discuss a team 2 later.

yeah, team captain and founders have the option to initiate a chalange.

If we chalange the defending team will give us two options (i think) for timeslots. Captains come to us and we pick one.

If we defend just the oposite.

Not sure how maps work in CS. In UT it was best of two maps with defender picking 1st and 3rd map plus side choice for their maps.

yeah, team captain and founders have the option to initiate a chalange. 

If we chalange the defending team will give us two options (i think) for timeslots.  Captains come to us and we pick one. 

If we defend just the oposite.

Not sure how maps work in CS.  In UT it was best of two maps with defender picking 1st and 3rd map plus side choice for their maps.

The defending team also gets to pick map and the challenging team gets to pick the side they play first. In CS TWL only one map is played but in two halves, each 15 rounds long. The team to get 16 rounds out of the 30 wins.

Pre-Match

Each team should be ready to start the match at 15 minutes past schedule time at the latest. If a team does not have the required amount of members on the server and/or is not ready to start, the match can be considered a no-show.

Each clan is allowed a setup round to sort out strategy for the current map. This round is also used to take screenshots of both sides' skins and to start their demo recordings.

Teams must also take this time to make sure that the players on the opfor are on the roster and eligible to play the match. Once the match goes live this issue cannot be disputed. The suggested order would be to check SteamIDs, start demorec, take a screenshot of a teammate, meet your opponent and take a screenshot of them. When everyone is done the match can be started via the Live-On-3 (lo3.cfg) config supplied by TeamWarfare or via "rcon mp_restartgame 5".

The lo3.cfg or mp_restartgame command are to be used to start the second half.

Ok, this is a problem because I have been trying to get demos to

work on my PC unsuccessfully. I have not been able to record or

playback demos & I can't figure out why. Also, I'm sure there are people

on the roster that have never done this before. I'm saying this because

apparently this is a big deal;

pagan was suspended for 15 days due to missing acouple rounds on his demo, he has been disputed for cheating 3-4 times (people doubt him too much) and cleared everytime and they suspended him because he was late in starting his demo, just stupid

Steam ID's

ALL players must have a valid Steam ID number and that number must be recorded in the player profile prior to joining competition. If this number is not in your profile or incorrectly entered, you will be temporarily suspended from competition until the problem is resolved. See the following link on how to obtain and add your Steam ID to your player profile: Click Here.

It is the opposing team's responsibility to verify Steam ID's before the match. Playing a match will concede the roster and invalid Steam ID's will not result in an overturned match. The only exception to this is if there is a proven smurf (registered with another team) post-match. Simply being ineligible will not result in an overturned win or forfeit of the match once it has been played. The ineligible player will still be dealt with by the admins.

We can make this my responsability. I will check steam id's. If I'm

not playing I will retrieve steam id's & give them to the captain (or

whoever is calling the shots for that match) and they can verify.

just so you know players cant overlap on the 5v5 teams.

also, xT cyrrently took #1 in the 8v8 ladder and we have 20-something active members in xT and when i was playin with em we even had a hard time fielding 8 ppl for matches. it is possible and you only need 7 to play a match.

if you guys start a team or have already let me know and i would be more then happy to post up some strats for you guys to help out that have been very successful for us. let me know.

Server Info

Matches must be played on servers running the most current version of Counter-Strike: Source and the associated maps. The match must be played on a dedicated server connected to at least a T1 connection. Listen servers are unacceptable. Cable, DSL, Satellite, or other broadband connections are not acceptable.

It appears that teamspeak can not be used.

It appears that teamspeak can not be used.

teamspeak can be used, what they mean by listen servers is a game server that is called a listen server, i think like if you set up a server at your house type of think, but ts and vent are used and strongly suggested