Public Shoutbox!! Let us know what U think!

I was just sitting here at work and i was just thinking about something.

Anything we can do to make the server more fun and interesting. Any criticisms?

I am a big boy so i can handle anything you guys have to say, i guess being in the military you have pretty much heard it all.

I just thought maybe this thread could spark some ideas or thoughts or just some good or bad input.

well unleash your thoughts regulars.

First of many weird whitey posts.

Thomas aka your neighborhood admin and white guy

Edited by Laz.e.rus

Yeah, stop pwning all of us regs so much that there is nothing left but a smithering of confidence in our css skills. :D

No, really, I have no complaints, admins are great, map rotation is good, and our west community on the server that even aren't gc are helping to enforce our rules. So between admins and .gcs, we are showing some good leadership by example, and have a well-kept and involved community, good job!

:hug:

---tWc|RoGuE.gc

alright, speaking of rotation...

<insert thread hijack **here**>

this is our current midday rotation:

de_dust2

de_piranesi

de_train

de_aztec

cs_italy

de_inferno

de_prodigy

de_cpl_mill

mill needs to come out. it's emptying the server. i guess the midday pubber n00bs don't like it :(

i'm going to take it out, but is there anything you'd like added?

</end thread hijack>

ive been playing on west server for about 7-8 months. 99% of the time the admins are great. the other 1% i can chalk up to someone having a bad day, we all do. the whole reason i play on the GC servers is because there are admins there to kick all the kids acting like idiots. on a few rare occasions i think some .gc members have taken there membership to be a license to give other people attitude, but i can deal with that as well. overall i think you guys are doing a fine job whitey. :peace:

playernames:

Cupcake

Niko

Possum

I would like to see ADMIN declare games as serious or maybe fun and put some humor into some rounds. I would to have more teleporting, beacons, that kind of stuff from time to time to lighten up same games and make things enjoyable. Maybe it is just me..I know we want to be fair and all but it would be fun..:-)

Um, you guys don't put me in noclip nearly often enough...it would really help my ratio.

And SJ, is there any way we can leave mill on the late night rotation? I never play during the day so I could care less about that, but it's a great map, and I'd be really disappointed to see it go.

yah give me a clarion evry round

and and well thts all i can think of

sorry can only think of one thing at a time hurts my head other wise

but seruisly is thier a any way .gc mebers can get like slaping ablities or sumtin to in force our telling peeps wut to do like dont cures and such

other thn goto the furums or hope an admin is on

it jus annoys me whn like i tell some one to stop wut ever it is thier doing and they follow tht up with a wut u gonna do

and im stuck with tell on u :-p

i think this is a good chance to remind people that there's an open application to be an admin. the extra 50/year directly supports the servers, and it reaffirms your commitment to gc.

we're all hosts on the server. admin or member, the point is encourage a friendly atmosphere. admins and especially members should not be getting caught up in arguments.

if you're a member, educate people about our policies. if they're not willing to cope, use the ban request thread. sorry, but as much of a pain as it is, deal with it for the time. creating an if/then situation ("i'll get someone to ban you") only makes us look like hyper reactive zealots, not people trying to have fun. we are here to have fun, right?

admins, keep up the good work.

:peace:

<The Double Edge Sword>

I'd like to do some fun things like makew beacons out of people and teleport them to rooms that have no way out but the problem with that is the way we look to other people on the server. A new guy comes in with alot of skill, likes our server, but dosen't come back agan cause he thinks the admins are a bunch of power tripping kids and we lose good competition.

Admin is worth the 50$ just to be able to take out the trash b4 everyone leaves the server. But at the same time your in the spotlight and spend alot of time checking names and warning/baning people that you don't really want to see go. It sucks to lose a good player just cause they can't stop avoiding the filter on little things like golly gee!. But with more power comes more Problems.

West is a great community and i really like playing with the regulars, I just hope i'm not to harsh some times. Cause truth be told i'm just enforcing the rules not my personal view. And that's what I signed on to do.