k i'm starting over

ephemeral

k, now that i've cooled down a little, i'll start over. here are the reasons i humbly think i should be unbanned:

1. i am a regular here, and i am friends with everyone.

2. my outburst was, yes, maybe a little over the edge...but it wasn't in the filter block list and i have used it before

3. i really didn't have a warning, if i had been told what i was doing wrong first, there would have been no further discussion

4. I LOVE GC! i want to continue my gaming here, and would really hate to go elsewhere. even if you do decide not to lift this ban, i will continue to be in the forums, because GC is kinda like an extended/online family to me and others in grapple.

so yeah, there's my humble plea, for unbanning. hope you will consider me.

SteamID is STEAM_0:0:5182682

Username {GpL}e·phem·er·al †

Thank you!

Edited by ephemeral

3. i really didn't have a warning, if i had been told what i was doing wrong first, there would have been no further discussion

You were kicked the week before for it, that should be warning enough, also the ban wasnt just about saying "whore"

Do you know the other side of it?

SJ's Post from the other thread, maybe this will shine some light for you.

when you were kicked a week or so ago, it was for insubordination. not only did you ask why someone was kicked, but once you heard, asked if it was necessary. it took effort, or work, to explain it to you then. that's why you were kicked then.

we're constantly looking to add people with good character to the servers and community. we run a clean ship out west. we take pride in it, and so do our members and regs. we want it to be fun. we try and treat every new face on the server with the intention of making them make gc home. i had other new pubbers on at the time, who didn't know the rules, that needed to be dealt with in order to keep a fun and clean environment. while i was already busy dealing this, i had to focus on babysitting you and your outburst. your comments, and the vocabulary you chose to demonstrate deserved a ban.

i originally banned you from west, and that's all i cared to do. i had no intentions of applying the ban to all of the servers, but i understand that's already been done. you're more than welcome to continue start pleading your case with the other server lead admins, but i have no intention of dropping this ban on west. if a board member would like to overrule that, that's up to them.

You sent me a PM asking me to weigh in so here's my thoughts:

You've been around here way to long to think that the excuses you are throwing out are going to get you anywhere. Just because a word isn't in the filter doesn't give you free reighn to use it. Think about what you called those guys, I don't care what they were doing, but think of what you called them, and then think if you would call your mother or your girlfriend that. I don't think so. You knew better, quit pleading innocence.

What M2 is so nicely trying to point out is another rule that you should know from being around here as long as you have. John wasn't just ticked off at you. He kicked you because you were breaking a rule. Let the admin do the admining. Sometimes it takes a few minutes to get things done, sometimes tehre are newbs in the server that deserve a mentioning of the rules. You have no clue what that admin is doing or his train of thought. Obviously by the use of the word you got banned for, your judgement isn't exactly in line with GCs judgement. Let the admin handle the judgement. If you disagree, you come to the forums and talk about it. You do not burden an admin who is trying to play and admin with a useless conversation in game when he has already made his decision.

Also as M2 had pointed out, as a regular, you are not afforded more leniency. If anything you are held to a higher standard than joe pubber. Expect your warnings from now on to be bans. Come here and plead your case with real/actual humility and most likely you will be let back in. Come in here dodging the problem and claiming you should not be held to our standards because you know us and are a reg and you can stay banned.

On a final note, we're glad you call GC home and find it a home away from home. What you're receiving may seem harsh at first, but think about it and we're not asking that much of you. Do your best to follow the rules, come in with real humility and admit what you did, acknowledge the fact that you will do your best to not let it happen again and everything will be fine.

acknowledge the fact that you will do your best to not let it happen again and everything will be fine.

I'd change that to: acknowledge the fact that there are no more next times....

No try..... no "do your best"

do or not.

...you guys are right. i came in at first just seriously tinkled off, because i thought j0hn was just being touchy again...but now i see that it's for a reason. i don't exactly understand alot of your rules; and it's probably cause i'm not a member, but i still think that a few admins are a little touchy...but i guess i am willing to think more like a member, and less like a pubber. not trying to be a poser GC, but just more like a reg and less like a pubber with lame excuses. i won't try to interfere with admin decisions, as i am sure they can be made without me. sorry for my outbursts; when something upsets me, my first reaction is to get tinkled. ( kinda like j0hns is to ban :D j/k )

so, i would like to ask for an unban, and a place in the community again.

also, off the record, could you guys maybe respect my suggestions a little more? not like trying to make myself better or separate myself or anything, but i would just like to be a little bit more recognized as a legit part of this community than a spammer, or an admin annoyance. so i guess what i'm saying is, can i kinda start over? with my new understanding of GC, i think i can do this right. i can't promise miracles...noone is perfect, but i'll definitly never make my previous mistakes again. thanks for your guyz consideration...

...you guys are right. i came in at first just seriously tinkled off, because i thought j0hn was just being touchy again...but now i see that it's for a reason. i don't exactly understand alot of your rules; and it's probably cause i'm not a member, but i still think that a few admins are a little touchy...but i guess i am willing to think more like a member, and less like a pubber. not trying to be a poser GC, but just more like a reg and less like a pubber with lame excuses. i won't try to interfere with admin decisions, as i am sure they can be made without me. sorry for my outbursts; when something upsets me, my first reaction is to get tinkled. ( kinda like j0hns is to ban :D j/k )

so, i would like to ask for an unban, and a place in the community again.

also, off the record, could you guys maybe respect my suggestions a little more? not like trying to make myself better or separate myself or anything, but i would just like to be a little bit more recognized as a legit part of this community than a spammer, or an admin annoyance. so i guess what i'm saying is, can i kinda start over? with my new understanding of GC, i think i can do this right. i can't promise miracles...noone is perfect, but i'll definitly never make my previous mistakes again. thanks for your guyz consideration...

As I stated in the beginning, I was there. Things were a little busy we didn't need additional grief from a regular. SJ banned you from WC and I was the one who banned you across the board.

We have enough trouble dealing with Joe Pubber in an effort to provide the best GC experience and we don't need additional trouble from someone who knows the rules, hence the more stringent stance. You don't see what happens behind the scenes and because of that limited perspective you don't have all the facts. It irritates me to see someone plead/argue/debate without all the facts and then compound the problem by dodging responsibility. You don't need to worry about what happens to other people and how those actions relate to you. You just worry about you and your actions, which leads into your ban across the board.

I banned you across the board because I'm having serious issues with your behavior on the server and in the forums. I was young and irresponsible too so for the past 3 months I've been trying to justify your actions as a 'kid being a kid' and trying to cut you some slack. But you can only explain away so much.

You add worthless posts (with poor punctuation) to our forums.

You are not truthful.

Your comments on the server are irritating and unwarranted. Again, useless jabbering.

You dodge responsibility. It's never your fault and always somebody else's. You didn't do something wrong yesterday, it was just a touchy admin.

Your behavior is consistent, as are your excuses. Up until this post I saw no reason to let you into GC again. Let's break it down:

How can you judge SJ as being touchy if you openly admit that you don't understand all the rules? From my perspective, we were being extremely lenient. Let's back up a bit. How can you not know the rules? They're posted and reiterated throughout the course of the game. Ignorance is no excuse...

You're willing to think more like a member? Just willing to be? How about BEING a regular (or a member)? I see this as an empty commitment or an attempt to wiggle your way out of this situation.

You won't interfere with admins. Good! Now we're getting somewhere.

You apologized and have requested an unbanning. Great!! That's what I'm looking for, accountability.

also, off the record, could you guys maybe respect my suggestions a little more? not like trying to make myself better or separate myself or anything, but i would just like to be a little bit more recognized as a legit part of this community than a spammer, or an admin annoyance.

If you want to be recognized as a serious and legitimate contributor to this community, it would start with you, not us. Almost all of your posts have no content so why should we consider you a contributor? I mean, we're all human. If you see 300 emails from the same source and they're all junk, isn't it human nature to just delete any emails from that source? You are judged by your actions in every aspect of life, not just here. If you throw up mature posts with content, you will be taken seriously.

So, where do you want to go from here?

I'm willing to lift the ban and I ask for the following:

1) You read, understand and abide by the server and forum rules.

2) You do NOT get involved when a server admin is dealing with another person.

3) You do NOT post excessive empty comments in the forums.

4) When you DO post, you make a conscious effort to use proper punctuation. It bothers a lot of people (including myself) and it contributes to the fact that people don't take you seriously.

The choice is yours. I am willing to wipe the slate clean but make no mistake, I am not willing to offer any more chances.

Additionally, I want to address the current status of your clan because I don't want any of you saying "I didn't know". Your banning was just one more problem we've had with your clan. The latest situation was the school spamming incident (I have taken steps to ensure that won't happen again).

I am making it clear that I have all 4 of you up on the radar. I acknowledge that I have not had a problem with 2 of your clan members, but I hold you all equally responsible regardless of that fact.

No more warnings, no more chances.

*edit* All four members of GPL were sent a PM.

Although it's obvious this thread is pretty much complete, and the last

thing it needs is another admin running in here pointing fingers, like BGB,

I too recieved a PM from Ephemeral asking me to "weigh in" here.

Just so we're clear, I see nothing wrong here, and back all these desicions

100% I think I speak for all the admins when I say there is one thing that REALLY

drives them up the wall.

Questioning an admin.

It does not concern you. Period.

The only thing I really wanted to add here was a link to our standards

I agree on a 2 week ban but I think it should also be a ban for "TheGeeK998" due to this comment "P.S. Ephemeral is living at my house right now, and my laptop has wireless. So i can post and surf the internet but i cant play any games online because my laptop is too slow to play CS:S. Well maybe i can play MOHAA....."

Otherwise Ephermeral will just play on Geeks account

I agree that 2 weeks is fair but I've already offered an immediate lift so I will honor that.

M2 brings up a good point and I want to address that.

The admins were questioning GPL identities to the point we were wondering if all 4 identities were one person. There is absolutely no reason to use another person's identity.

I agree on a 2 week ban but I think it should also be a ban for "TheGeeK998" due to this comment "P.S. Ephemeral is living at my house right now, and my laptop has wireless. So i can post and surf the internet but i cant play any games online because my laptop is too slow to play CS:S. Well maybe i can play MOHAA....."

Otherwise Ephermeral will just play on Geeks account

First of all im sorry for posting here. I know that I am not suppose to.

But i dont think that i deserve a ban. I didnt do anything wrong. I dont let him play on my CS:S on GC because i dont want my stats changed. I will be able to play every once in a while but i still dont want to be banned.

I mean why should i be banned, its like shooting the hostige to kill the bank robber (bad narritive)

EDIT: in responce to mr duke,

Ephemeral uses other peoples computers to post/play CS:S/and surf the internet (like at the cambridge highschool)

Is it wrong to do this? (not sarcasm, im actualy asking a question)

I did notice that he made a post in my name. I am trying to log out now that i am doing all of my posting on my laptop.

Me and discombobulated is working hard to get all of this resolved. Please dont ban the whole clan because of this. We are working hard.

ALSO: i AM sorry for posting, i just didnt want to get banned.

Edited by {GpL}TheGeek998

i am moving out tomorrow to a town 15 miles away. To ban the rest of the GpL memebers because of living arrangements would be pointless by 2 pm tomorrow.

I know that this is a serious warning and i will take it very seriously.

I am truly sorry for my actions and will not make any more excuses.

I agree that 2 weeks is fair but I've already offered an immediate lift so I will honor that.

M2 brings up a good point and I want to address that.

The admins were questioning GPL identities to the point we were wondering if all 4 identities were one person. There is absolutely no reason to use another person's identity.

i just saw this, and decided to comment.

every single one of us is a second individual, and we can prove it if you would like. we have pics of us in a group and separatly, and can set up a video conference.

the only reason we use the same IP's sometimes is because i have been staying at thegeek's house for a while (3 weeks) and used his comps. also, slpadash brings his compy over for updates, as he has no internet.

discombobulated also comes over for grapple parties with his comp and posts occaisionally.

we all know each other as friends, and that is how we end up with similar IP's, not because we are the same person.

sorry for the confusion with this, hope this helps!

Edit: also, i thank the person who lifted the IP ban on CIHS very VERY much, i will make sure that the spam thing never happens again, and have talked to tarmann.

Edited by ephemeral